No More Canon Multiplayer

Halo 4 and Halo 5’s Multiplayer needs to be the last Canon Multiplayer Halo Has. For people who say, “it isn’t canon at all.” It is, even 343 said it was. Palmer in Halo 4 talks bout war games, aka Arena and Warzone.I don’t like it being Lore based cause it doesn’t feel like Halo. Having all these abilities on Spartans I understand is cool. But a lot of times it’s stupid. The Shield’s on Spartan IV’s suck, meaning the Grenades will do more damage. Elites aren’t in Halo’s Multiplayer anymore cause of this as well.I love Halo, but that is one think I hate about it now. (And the whole, Halo 5 is mostly competitive. It needs to stop. Games are supposed to be fun, Halo 5 isn’t that fun as it should be. 343 has never spoken about making Halo fun. Bungie did.)

I am posting this again, cause the last one was locked cause it contains one sentence. This post is pointed twords Halo’s Multiplayer, and how it’s canon. Please Monitors understand that. It’s like taking away my freedom of Speech.

I may be no Monitor, but you cannot duplicate an earlier thread that has been locked. Don’t waste your time in doing so.

Lore isn’t actually a reason why elites aren’t playable, but rather the opposite. Lore is created after a game decision is made. Devs are more focused on Spartan game play due to resources, time, or balance, not because of story. The lore reasoning is created after decisions are made. Different abilities are in the game not because of lore, but rather devs want different abilities, and ingame it is represented by stuff like thrusters. After all, Sprint in Halo Reach (in lore) was an armor ability created by Kat, but devs put sprint in the game because they wanted to, not because the writers asked. In fact, Elites have trained with Spartans, but we just haven’t seen them yet. If they are in the next game, more story reasons will be given to why they are here.

> 2535442569875751;3:
> Lore isn’t actually a reason why elites aren’t playable, but rather the opposite. Lore is created after a game decision is made. Devs are more focused on Spartan game play due to resources, time, or balance, not because of story. The lore reasoning is created after decisions are made. Different abilities are in the game not because of lore, but rather devs want different abilities, and ingame it is represented by stuff like thrusters. After all, Sprint in Halo Reach (in lore) was an armor ability created by Kat, but devs put sprint in the game because they wanted to, not because the writers asked. In fact, Elites have trained with Spartans, but we just haven’t seen them yet. If they are in the next game, more story reasons will be given to why they are here.

Elites don’t train with them constantly. And if they have time and resources they could’ve added them in. But the whole Lore thing, and how their motion trackers are smaller, or their shields.

> 2535429593088083;2:
> I may be no Monitor, but you cannot duplicate an earlier thread that has been locked. Don’t waste your time in doing so.

Well it was locked, and was locked for a dub reason.

• S-IV shields are not weaker, where did you get this idea. - Elites in wargames is canon, they are absent from the game for Balance and Resources reasons.

> 2533274844984484;6:
> - S-IV shields are not weaker, where did you get this idea. - Elites in wargames is canon, they are absent from the game for Balance and Resources reasons.

The SIV’s shields are weaker. And Elites can be balanced. How bout, give them evade, and shields that recharge faster on their own.

I don’t care bout the hitbox, or whatever any other reason is. Half of the people who play as elites, don’t care.

There is even a thing called Wargames balencing. So differences between real life and simulations can happen.

Meaning there is actually a lore reason for weapons, equipment, shields to be balenced in MP.(or entirely unbalenced if the Settings wished lol)

Pretty much lore(as in how stuff actually works) doesnt effect MP gameplay. :slight_smile: We even see this without knowing as armor variants dont actually work as they do in the lore, just because of this War Games balencing for the War Games we play.

Sangheili do train in the simulations. Just they currently dont in Infinity. But can very easily do so if 343i wanted to in-universe wise with the Anvil inititive.

The only main reason they aint in yet is because 343i need to code them in, and make models that suit MP, make HUDS, HUD weapon animations(which would be the most time consuming thing as they like cant reuse the Spartan ones), plus so much more. Which costs money, time, and resources that could be used making the game simply work.

It isnt just a simply here ye go Sangheili sadly… making them right is important. Infact many at 343i have shown intrest in bringing them back, but would rather have them in a fun game, and have them right also.

So really in terms of Elites its more 343i will bring them back, but its more a waiting game.

> 2533274873349282;1:
> Halo 4 and Halo 5’s Multiplayer needs to be the last Canon Multiplayer Halo Has. For people who say, “it isn’t canon at all.” It is, even 343 said it was. Palmer in Halo 4 talks bout war games, aka Arena and Warzone.I don’t like it being Lore based cause it doesn’t feel like Halo. Having all these abilities on Spartans I understand is cool. But a lot of times it’s stupid. The Shield’s on Spartan IV’s suck, meaning the Grenades will do more damage. Elites aren’t in Halo’s Multiplayer anymore cause of this as well.I love Halo, but that is one think I hate about it now. (And the whole, Halo 5 is mostly competitive. It needs to stop. Games are supposed to be fun, Halo 5 isn’t that fun as it should be. 343 has never spoken about making Halo fun. Bungie did.)
>
> I am posting this again, cause the last one was locked cause it contains one sentence. This post is pointed twords Halo’s Multiplayer, and how it’s canon. Please Monitors understand that. It’s like taking away my freedom of Speech.

One the Spartan 4s shields have the same strength as any of the other Spartans shields. Two: Playable elites could totally return due to the Anvil initiative which is essentially elites and Spartans training together. Canon is not the reason elites did not return that was a company decision. Three: Spartans could always sprint and they also always had EVA thruster packs, they just never ran in the campaigns until reach for whatever reason.

So I hope this answers your questions and that none of this was ever affected by canon.

EDIT:And 343 have kind of stretched the canon in multiplayer already I.E Exuberent witness being an announcer and the Phaeton being in multiplayer.

EDIT2: Although I would love to play as elites again as it is possible.

> 2533274836874363;8:
> There is even a thing called Wargames balencing. So differences between real life and simulations can happen.
>
> Meaning there is actually a lore reason for weapons, equipment, shields to be balenced in MP.(or entirely unbalenced if the Settings wished lol)
>
> Pretty much lore(as in how stuff actually works) doesnt effect MP gameplay. :slight_smile: We even see this without knowing as armor variants dont actually work as they do in the lore, just because of this War Games balencing for the War Games we play.
>
> Sangheili do train in the simulations. Just they currently dont in Infinity. But can very easily do so if 343i wanted to in-universe wise with the Anvil inititive.
>
> The only main reason they aint in yet is because 343i need to code them in, and make models that suit MP, make HUDS, HUD weapon animations(which would be the most time consuming thing as they like cant reuse the Spartan ones), plus so much more. Which costs money, time, and resources that could be used making the game simply work.
>
> It isnt just a simply here ye go Sangheili sadly… making them right is important. Infact many at 343i have shown intrest in bringing them back, but would rather have them in a fun game, and have them right also.
>
> So really in terms of Elites its more 343i will bring them back, but its more a waiting game.

343 could also be waiting to bring the sangheili back with the H2A elite phenotype.

This thread is starting to devolve in to a discussion about Elites in multiplayer, for which there exists a megathread. That is the reason the first version of this thread was locked, and that is the reason this one is getting the same treatment.