No more annoying forge noise

In Halo 4’s forge the background track that would play whenever players zipped around as forge monitors was very hard to listen to over long periods of time.

This link is not my video, and there is some chatter over the track, but I felt that this is the best I could find for reference.

In Halo 3 and Halo Reach there was a little sound effect whenever the forge monitor moves, but in Halo 4 the forge “music” was much more than a simple effect. Over long periods I feel annoyed by the track being so hard to listen too.

My suggestion is could the forge monitor sound effect be more subtle akin to Halo 3 or Halo reach? I understand that this is a small detail, but paying attention to detail really shows care for Halo 5.

Anyone else agree or disagree?

I’d really like the Monitor noise to not come back at all. While Halo 4’s was the most annoying, all of them, both 3 and Reach, gave me mind-boggling headaches after a while.

Forging can require immense concentration, and having to listen to constant noise causes me to impulsively lose my mind.

If there was an option to lower it, I wouldn’t mind. And I agree with Andy, it can get annoying when you have that one piece you can’t align, all while listening to a soft ringing.

Agreed. It was frustrating to listen to for prolonged periods of time.

Ditto.

Please.

For the love of all that is good and holy.

No more Forge noise.

The Halo 4 Forge background noise is so unbearably annoying that I have to mute the TV every time I Forge. -_-

I… didn’t even notice that noise…

I’m glad that I was not the only one who thought it was annoying. Let’s keep the thread alive and maybe 343i will get the message.

They should give us the Halo 3 noise, with an option to turn it off.

Halo 3’s windchime was pleasant to listen to but easy to tune out, and it complimented movement nicely. Reach’s windchime was a little less pleasant, perhaps because IIRC it had a high-pitched thruster noise layered into it. Both of those blow Halo 4’s sound effect out of the water.

While I agree with all of the above, i do feel inclined to say:

Mute button is there for a reason.

same thing i say to online players who are -Yoinking!- about noisy teammates.

no offense guys, but you do have the power to currently drown it out.
Alternatively, put some music on that’s saved to your Xbox. it cancels the sound

> While I agree with all of the above, i do feel inclined to say:
>
> <mark>Mute button is there for a reason.</mark>
>
> same thing i say to online players who are -Yoinking!- about noisy teammates.
>
> no offense guys, but you do have the power to currently drown it out.
> Alternatively, put some music on that’s saved to your Xbox. it cancels the sound

facepalm

And I feel inclined to say that sometimes it’s nice to hear the OTHER sounds of the game, A LOT of which are IMPORTANT.

Or a option to turn it down without having to mute the hole thing would be good. ^

> > While I agree with all of the above, i do feel inclined to say:
> >
> > <mark>Mute button is there for a reason.</mark>
> >
> > same thing i say to online players who are -Yoinking!- about noisy teammates.
> >
> > no offense guys, but you do have the power to currently drown it out.
> > Alternatively, put some music on that’s saved to your Xbox. it cancels the sound
>
> facepalm
>
> And I feel inclined to say that sometimes it’s nice to hear the OTHER sounds of the game, A LOT of which are IMPORTANT.

Agreed. Why do have to mute everything. Surly there should be a option just to turn down specific sounds.

Ears exploding ahhhhh!!! Monitor noise!

do you guys not know how to mute your TV’s or something, it’s not like there’s anything you need to listen to when forging, just mute it.

> do you guys not know how to mute your TV’s or something, it’s not like there’s anything you need to listen to when forging, just mute it.

double facepalm

Let me restate what I had previously said:

There are many noises in the game that NEED to be heard. And just to let you know, here’s a fun and obvious list of some of the many sounds that are EXTREMELY helpful:

• Teleporter noises. When working with teleporters, especially with the glitch that involves them appearing inactivated, being able to hear the sound that occurs when a teleporter is active is extremely helpful.
  • Landmine beeping. Being able to hear the sound of an active landmine is helpful when working with them during times when they’re potentially out of sight.
  • Spawning noises. Whenever an object spawns, a “whoosh” sound will occur. Again, this is very helpful when debugging with nonstatic objects such as vehicles or fusion coils.

> While I agree with all of the above, i do feel inclined to say:
>
> Mute button is there for a reason.
>
> same thing i say to online players who are -Yoinking!- about noisy teammates.
>
> no offense guys, but you do have the power to currently drown it out.
> Alternatively, put some music on that’s saved to your Xbox. it cancels the sound

You can mute players in game without having to mute the TV, but you cannot mute the forge noise without muting every other noise.

A mute option for the forge noise solely would be very appreciated by many forgers.

> > do you guys not know how to mute your TV’s or something, it’s not like there’s anything you need to listen to when forging, just mute it.
>
> double facepalm
>
> Let me restate what I had previously said:
>
> There are many noises in the game that NEED to be heard. And just to let you know, here’s a fun and obvious list of some of the many sounds that are EXTREMELY helpful:
> - Teleporter noises. When working with teleporters, especially with the glitch that involves them appearing inactivated, being able to hear the sound that occurs when a teleporter is active is extremely helpful.
> - Landmine beeping. Being able to hear the sound of an active landmine is helpful when working with them during times when they’re potentially out of sight.
> - Spawning noises. Whenever an object spawns, a “whoosh” sound will occur. Again, this is very helpful when debugging with nonstatic objects such as vehicles or fusion coils.

Do you need those sounds every second you play the game, are you always placing mines and teleporters and having stuff spawning.

I agree that is annoying. What’s more annoying is the music at the menu. That music constantly plays but doesn’t turn off or keep quiet unlike in Reach and H3. I don’t want the noise from the monitor and the music off or kept quiet in the background when you’re don’t pressing start to find game once you’re in the menu.

> > > do you guys not know how to mute your TV’s or something, it’s not like there’s anything you need to listen to when forging, just mute it.
> >
> > double facepalm
> >
> > Let me restate what I had previously said:
> >
> > There are many noises in the game that NEED to be heard. And just to let you know, here’s a fun and obvious list of some of the many sounds that are EXTREMELY helpful:
> > - Teleporter noises. When working with teleporters, especially with the glitch that involves them appearing inactivated, being able to hear the sound that occurs when a teleporter is active is extremely helpful.
> > - Landmine beeping. Being able to hear the sound of an active landmine is helpful when working with them during times when they’re potentially out of sight.
> > - Spawning noises. Whenever an object spawns, a “whoosh” sound will occur. Again, this is very helpful when debugging with nonstatic objects such as vehicles or fusion coils.
>
> Do you need those sounds every second you play the game, are you always placing mines and teleporters and having stuff spawning.

Yes but do you REALLY WANT TO TURN ON AND OFF THE MUTE EVERY COUPLE OF SECONDS. (Because usually that’s how often you are spawning things)