No More Announcer In Halo 4?

This is just what I saw, they may have cut out the audio because the commentary, but in the “Halo 4 first look” video when a player got a medal, it didn’t play the usual announcer voice, it just played the sound-effect normally played when picking up a power-up.

Listen carefully:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6UL63Zo-uo (3:12 - 3:16)

I’m probably wrong and I see no reason why 343 would remove the announcer, but I had to share this.

> This is just what I saw, they may have cut out the audio because the commentary, but in the “Halo 4 first look” video when a player got a medal, it didn’t play the usual announcer voice, it just played the sound-effect normally played when picking up a power-up.
>
> Listen carefully:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6UL63Zo-uo (3:12 - 3:16)
>
> I’m probably wrong and I see no reason why 343 would remove the announcer, but I had to share this.

Relax, the entire thing had a voice-over and the only other time was when they amplified the game sounds and dummed down everything else to make them stand out for the viewers/listeners.

Plus, the game isn’t finished yet. Most likely, all the audio either hasn’t been recorded, or simply hasn’t been implemented into gameplay yet since they were focusing on other things in their internal test (which is where the footage was taken from).

Basically dude, chill. Halo wouldn’t be Halo without announcements, and 343 know that just as much as anyone else =]

~ Duck.

> Relax, the entire thing had a voice-over and the only other time was when they amplified the game sounds and dummed down everything else to make them stand out for the viewers/listeners.
>
> Plus, the game isn’t finished yet. Most likely, all the audio either hasn’t been recorded, or simply hasn’t been implemented into gameplay yet since they were focusing on other things in their internal test (which is where the footage was taken from)
>
>
> Basically dude, chill. Halo wouldn’t be Halo without announcements, and 343 know that ust as much as anyone else =]
>
> ~ Duck.

343 Is made out of almost entirely Halo fans and ex-Bungie members so I guess you’re right I don’t see why they would remove something so iconic to Halo.

maybe a refreshing female voice?

First of all, this is still early in development and they may not have recorded that stuff yet.
Secondly, the medals the player got were ‘assist’ and ‘headshot’ both of which were never “announced” in Halo games (correct me if I’m wrong).

> > Relax, the entire thing had a voice-over and the only other time was when they amplified the game sounds and dummed down everything else to make them stand out for the viewers/listeners.
> >
> > Plus, the game isn’t finished yet. Most likely, all the audio either hasn’t been recorded, or simply hasn’t been implemented into gameplay yet since they were focusing on other things in their internal test (which is where the footage was taken from)
> >
> >
> > Basically dude, chill. Halo wouldn’t be Halo without announcements, and 343 know that ust as much as anyone else =]
> >
> > ~ Duck.
>
> 343 Is made out of almost entirely Halo fans and ex-Bungie members so I guess you’re right I don’t see why they would remove something so iconic to Halo.

Exactly.

Changing the announcer voice for MM would be akin to changing Jon’s voice in the Campaign imo. Some may see that last line a slight exaggeration, but personally…no, it’s not.

~ Duck.

Halo wouldn’t be halo without the announcer.
Who doesn’t like hearing the announcer saying double kill or killing frenzy :slight_smile:

I swear I read somewhere that they have got the announcer coming back for H4.

I really hope they don’t get rid of Jeff, his voice is so iconic.
His IMDB page makes no mention of Halo 4, so maybe they have opted for a change of pace…

> > Relax, the entire thing had a voice-over and the only other time was when they amplified the game sounds and dummed down everything else to make them stand out for the viewers/listeners.
> >
> > Plus, the game isn’t finished yet. Most likely, all the audio either hasn’t been recorded, or simply hasn’t been implemented into gameplay yet since they were focusing on other things in their internal test (which is where the footage was taken from)
> >
> >
> > Basically dude, chill. Halo wouldn’t be Halo without announcements, and 343 know that ust as much as anyone else =]
> >
> > ~ Duck.
>
> 343 Is made out of almost entirely Halo fans and <mark>ex-Bungie members</mark> so I guess you’re right I don’t see why they would remove something so iconic to Halo.

Four employees from Bungie joined 343i to my knowledge, not as many as people think.

Female voice!!