NO MOAR XP BASED RANKING

343i u want H5 to continue being active after a month get rid of this none competitive mechanic. Dont use Halo Reach arena either it was lame just do it like H2 or even 3. Stick with what worked with Halo and not with what works 4 other games. In a sea of generic shooters with XP rankind dare to stand out, Be ORIGINAL go back to Halos roots. U seen how reach and 4 did after the changes to Halos core. Stop it just go back.

I think experience would be fine for things like unlocking armor and other non competitive things for halo. But a skill based visible rank system sounds like it’s in the works for both MC and H5, they realize they screwed it up and it will be back.

Look, I agree 100% about using a proper ranking system instead of “play this many games get this much xp get max rank” systems that are in every other game, but I couldn’t help but read your post in Microsoft Sam’s voice.

> Look, I agree 100% about using a proper ranking system instead of “play this many games get this much xp get max rank” systems that are in every other game, but I couldn’t help but read your post in Microsoft Sam’s voice.

Lol that sounds funny

> I think experience would be fine for things like unlocking armor and other non competitive things for halo. But a skill based visible rank system sounds like it’s in the works for both MC and H5, they realize they screwed it up and it will be back.

Exactly. We could have both without a single issue. Everybody is happy and we can all get along!

> > I think experience would be fine for things like unlocking armor and other non competitive things for halo. But a skill based visible rank system sounds like it’s in the works for both MC and H5, they realize they screwed it up and it will be back.
>
> Exactly. We could have both without a single issue. Everybody is happy and we can all get along!

If only was it that simple…

I agree we should return to a Halo 3 like system. It’s more engaging and represents actual effort and skill, not just time invested.

They monitor these forums, for sure.

I’m betting we get a combo of both experienced progressive ranking AND the old 1-50 style

How about no more boosting? I myself don’t want to grind nor be in a game with someone grinding.

You guys realize the two systems are not mutually exclusive, right?

> > > I think experience would be fine for things like unlocking armor and other non competitive things for halo. But a skill based visible rank system sounds like it’s in the works for both MC and H5, they realize they screwed it up and it will be back.
> >
> > Exactly. We could have both without a single issue. Everybody is happy and we can all get along!
>
> If only was it that simple…
>
> I agree we should return to a Halo 3 like system. It’s more engaging and represents actual effort and skill, not just time invested.

I disagree. It’s not more engaging it’s more staggering. While it represents effort it does not represent skill. Having a ranking system based soley on wins and losses is quite awful.

> 343i u want H5 to continue being active after a month get rid of this none competitive mechanic. Dont use Halo Reach arena either it was lame just do it like H2 or even 3. Stick with what worked with Halo and not with what works 4 other games. In a sea of generic shooters with XP rankind dare to stand out, Be ORIGINAL go back to Halos roots. U seen how reach and 4 did after the changes to Halos core. Stop it just go back.

Alright… here we go… ok, here is my view on it, I am totally ok with an XP system if they can succeed in using it to promote competitive play, which up to this point they have failed to do… allow me to elaborate

If we are to obtain an XP system. it should directly correspond with what the player does in the game. it should take into account K/D and how the player contributed to the game if there is an objective involved.

Now obviously this is easier said than done, but is by no means impossible. and i agree that it would be much less work to just implement something akin to the “true-skill” system based on win/loss ratio… but i think it should be closer based on K/d and commitment to an objective. if that makes any sense

Exp based system is more for leveling than ranking can’t believe you guys see those as “Ranks”

Progression System (a long one) actually keeps a lot of players playing, because they want to reach the highest rank/feel like they’re actually doing something instead of just playing Slayer on Haven again.

I don’t see why it hurts anything. If anything, it makes the game have more replay value.

I remember when they used the boosting and buying of lvl 50 accounts as an excuse for not implementing one in Reach and 4. I wonder what the excuse will be now lol I said it in a different post but I’ll reiterate. They shouldn’t divide the already small online population in half. They tried mass appeal with Halo 4 and we barely crack 10,000 players at a time. Going back more to the Halo roots isn’t going to revive the franchise either. It’s just going to please the core fanbase. I would LOVE to see a skill based ranking system live side by side with an XP based one but I just don’t see how it can be done. Unless you just do it across the board. Meaning no Ranked and Social playlists. Basically force it on everyone. Which isn’t that bad if you think about it. The competitive players will love it, and the casuals won’t even know what the number next to their name even means buuuut idk

> > > I think experience would be fine for things like unlocking armor and other non competitive things for halo. But a skill based visible rank system sounds like it’s in the works for both MC and H5, they realize they screwed it up and it will be back.
> >
> > Exactly. We could have both without a single issue. Everybody is happy and we can all get along!
>
> <mark>If only was it that simple…</mark>
>
> I agree we should return to a Halo 3 like system. It’s more engaging and represents actual effort and skill, not just time invested.

It actually is, that’s the best bit.

They could also put the older system in of having certain things tied to achieve ments. So better looking items have a hard achievement to unlock first.

~ Duck.

> >
>
> If only was it that simple…

It’s not like it takes a hundred people and a million dollars to make a simple ranking system, you know.

We can easily have both forms of ranking.

Yeah, it is simple to have both. You keep the progression system as a standard amount of xp you get for spartan ops, firefight, campaign, and completing matches but the ranked system determines your skill based match up. Your gain ranked xp because your team won so then you can move on to playing more competitive players. Boom. THe progression system stays and is a good way to unlock armor. Boom. Everybody’s happy.

Of course skill ranks should return and be visible.

I really don’t care about XP-like progression rank, so it doesn’t matter to me if it returns. If it does return though, I would prefer it to be only visible to the player and not unlock anything game-changing in multiplayer, like loadout options.

Ideally, I would like a ranking system like Halo 3’s that is both progression and skill.

The ideal setup would be a H2 style 1-50 where your rank can go down in rank, and an XP/cR based system that ever ends. When I mean it never ends I really mean that. I think it’s important that this XP/cR system have symbols not numbers, and there are 100 different symbols. Every time a player gets to level 100 they would go back to level one, and cycle through the 100 levels again. Now I know what you people are thinking, “This is prestiging, I hate prestiging.” Where this is different however is when you go back to level one it essentially acts as level 101, meaning you need to get more experience to get to 101 than it took to get to 100. In order to show what cycle you are on it should just put a little exponent on the top right of the symbol. That way it can last forever.

> The ideal setup would be a H2 style 1-50 where your rank can go down in rank, and an XP/cR based system that ever ends. When I mean it never ends I really mean that. I think it’s important that this XP/cR system have symbols not numbers, and there are 100 different symbols. Every time a player gets to level 100 they would go back to level one, and cycle through the 100 levels again. Now I know what you people are thinking, “This is prestiging, I hate prestiging.” Where this is different however is when you go back to level one it essentially acts as level 101, meaning you need to get more experience to get to 101 than it took to get to 100. In order to show what cycle you are on it should just put a little exponent on the top right of the symbol. That way it can last forever.

I do like where you are going with this. To that end I will say that I believe a system that facilitates competitive play should return and that XP based progression should stay for unlockables.