No mention of DMR in TU news?

> …here are a few of the big ticket items (of the title update):
>
> • Reduced the range of the Boltshot’s damage scaling over distance. The previous effective range for 1-hit kills was 20’-25’. The range has been reduced to 15’.
> • Fixed an issue that did not allow players to create respawn timers or disable instant respawn in custom games.
> • Fixed issues with friendly fire against vehicles. If FF is disabled, damage / EMPs from friendly sources will no longer damage vehicles that are fully controlled by your team.
>
> Keep an eye out for the complete change list once the TU is live.

No mention of DMR nerf yet. Discuss.

They mention it in the bulletin just not for the tu

Thats only a small list of changes they are making. Just because they didn’t mention it, doesn’t mean its not going to happen.

They Nerfed the bolt shots range and stopped team mates destroying vehicles; I’m content with this so far.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

80% of H4 players are scrubs and have the DMR as their most used weapon.

Suffice to say any nerfs done to the DMR is going to have a lot of backlash from the scrubs of the community because they are so reliant on it.

The logic bieng - all the good halo players and halo
Vets love the BR… Thanks to nostalgia most halo
Vets do use the BR… But here’s the deal we’ll -Yoink!- out that DMR gun that all the classic halo fans dislike and make the BR pathetic… THAT WAY NOBODY WILL BE BETTER THEN ANYBODY ELSE AND WE WON’T HAVE ANYBODY WITH HURT FEELINGS???

There is something in the Bulletin:

> It addresses some of the concerns we’ve been hearing from the community, but just to set your expectations accordingly, we know we still have work to do. There’s more balancing to be done and more issues to address, and we are actively working with the Halo 4 game team to investigate the feasibility of additional fixes.

I guess it’s about DMR. Or at least I hope it is.

["Remove one of the weapons from the game entirely (br or dmr)

We have no plans to remove any weapons from the game; however we will continue to balance the sandbox accordingly."](https://twitter.com/bsangel/status/301922625091940352) @bsangel

It may be changed, it may not.

If you really can’t stand it and it doesn’t get tweaked, we have Team Throwdown for 4v4 Slayer, BR Starts.

What ever happens, it won’t be horrible. There are options for everyone.

I hope they do not touch the DMR, taking it out of Team Throwdown was the smartest move. I am a Halo Vet from way back and love the BR however in this game I use the DMR. I would prefer BR if everyone is using BR, but that has not been the case until now. So I think they made the right decision just pulling it vs. giving it bloom (I hope they never make that mistake again) or nerfing damage. I think this is the first time I have agreed with 343i.

> 80% of H4 players are scrubs and have the DMR as their most used weapon.
>
> Suffice to say any nerfs done to the DMR is going to have a lot of backlash from the scrubs of the community because they are so reliant on it.

Using the obvious dominant weapon makes you a scrub? Does that mean that 20% of players are dumb for not using it the most? If I’m in combat I’m going to use what ever gives me the best chance to win regardless if it’s easy or not. If I had to choose between a banana or an uzi, I think I would be smart and take the uzi.

> 80% of H4 players are scrubs and have the DMR as their most used weapon.
>
> Suffice to say any nerfs done to the DMR is going to have a lot of backlash from the scrubs of the community because they are so reliant on it.

Skill > Gun.
I have the BR, DMR, and currently working on LR to full commendation. I don’t need a specific one to beat you no matter the range, assist, or fire rate it has.

If you blame the DMR as you losing the battle, you either don’t know how to use a BR or other rifle effectively against a DMR or you’re just bad.

> > 80% of H4 players are scrubs and have the DMR as their most used weapon.
> >
> > Suffice to say any nerfs done to the DMR is going to have a lot of backlash from the scrubs of the community because they are so reliant on it.
>
> <mark>Skill > Gun</mark>.
> I have the BR, DMR, and currently working on LR to full commendation. I don’t need a specific one to beat you no matter the range, assist, or fire rate it has.
>
> If you blame the DMR as you losing the battle, you either don’t know how to use a BR or other rifle effectively against a DMR or you’re just bad.

That would be nice if it was true, except it isn’t. If two players of equal skill duel each other and one has a DMR and the other a BR, then the DMR user will usually win. The DMR needs a RoF nerf, it already has high damage per bullet and cross-map range (it keeps it’s red reticle and bullet magnetism/aim assist over long distances).

There is no reason for a gun to shoot faster than the player can control it. Don’t make pacing optional, put a RoF nerf so that it’s forced on the players.

> > 80% of H4 players are scrubs and have the DMR as their most used weapon.
> >
> > Suffice to say any nerfs done to the DMR is going to have a lot of backlash from the scrubs of the community because they are so reliant on it.
>
> Skill > Gun.
> I have the BR, DMR, and currently working on LR to full commendation. I don’t need a specific one to beat you no matter the range, assist, or fire rate it has.
>
> If you blame the DMR as you losing the battle, you either don’t know how to use a BR or other rifle effectively against a DMR or you’re just bad.

That still doesn’t explain why the DMR shouldn’t be nerfed to equal level with the other guns.

Why people are so against nerfing the DMR is beyond me. It’s statistically overpowered. That isn’t arguable, it’s hard fact.

> That would be nice if it was true, except it isn’t. If two players of equal skill duel each other and one has a DMR and the other a BR, then the DMR user will usually win. The DMR needs a RoF nerf, it already has high damage per bullet and cross-map range (it keeps it’s red reticle and bullet magnetism/aim assist over long distances).
>
> There is no reason for a gun to shoot faster than the player can control it. Don’t make pacing optional, put a RoF nerf so that it’s forced on the players.

I usually trade kills with someone equally skilled, but yes, it does give the DMR user a slight advantage.

> That still doesn’t explain why the DMR shouldn’t be nerfed to equal level with the other guns.
>
> Why people are so against nerfing the DMR is beyond me. It’s statistically overpowered. That isn’t arguable, it’s hard fact.

Yes statistically is the best weapon, but not by far in my opinion.
I wouldn’t mind a slight nerf to the DMR such as a slower ROF or less aim assist.

> It may be changed, it may not.
>
> If you really can’t stand it and it doesn’t get tweaked, we have Team Throwdown for 4v4 Slayer, BR Starts.
>
> What ever happens, it won’t be horrible. There are options for everyone.

1 playlist. 1 playlist to play because of one weapon. That’s completely stupid.
For me, I’ll have Team Throwback, Flood, and Spartan Ops to play if the DMR doesn’t get nerfed. That’s stupid that I can’t play Dominion or Team Objective (both that I really like) because of one weapon.

The DMR seriously needs a nerf. I believe it’s RoF needs to be lowered. But just some kind of nerf would be great.

> > It may be changed, it may not.
> >
> > If you really can’t stand it and it doesn’t get tweaked, we have Team Throwdown for 4v4 Slayer, BR Starts.
> >
> > What ever happens, it won’t be horrible. There are options for everyone.
>
> 1 playlist. 1 playlist to play because of one weapon. That’s completely stupid.
> For me, I’ll have Team Throwback, Flood, and Spartan Ops to play if the DMR doesn’t get nerfed. That’s stupid that I can’t play Dominion or Team Objective (both that I really like) because of one weapon.
>
> The DMR seriously needs a nerf. I believe it’s RoF needs to be lowered. But just some kind of nerf would be great.

Infinity Slayer, Regicide, Doubles, Team Obj, all perfectly playable with the BR.
I’m sorry, but I just can’t agree that its that overpowered of a weapon. Sure it could use a slight nerf, but its not that OP.

If you want to see OP, go look at Warriors in WoW before the 5.1 patch. THAT is OP.

> > 80% of H4 players are scrubs and have the DMR as their most used weapon.
> >
> > Suffice to say any nerfs done to the DMR is going to have a lot of backlash from the scrubs of the community because they are so reliant on it.
>
> Skill > Gun.
> I have the BR, DMR, and currently working on LR to full commendation. I don’t need a specific one to beat you no matter the range, assist, or fire rate it has.
>
> If you blame the DMR as you losing the battle, you either don’t know how to use a BR or other rifle effectively against a DMR or you’re just bad.

I will provide a simple formula for you to understand what is wrong with the DMR;

y = s + g

Where y is the ‘speed’ of your kill, s is the Skill level a player has and g is the Gun that is used.

If a game is fair, which means that all the different weapons are equally good, the variabale Gun should be constant regardless of the weapon used. So that means the outcome of a battle depends on skill only:

y = s

In Halo 4, this is not the case, since its proven in various threads that the DMR is overpowered (so in the formula, g gets a higher value for the DMR than other weapons):

y = s + 5 (dmr formula)
y = s + 4 (other weapons formula)

As you can see, the one using a br ( or any other weapon) needs 1 skillpoint more against someone with a dmr for it to be an even fight. This is the argument you and other dmr-fanboys use to defend the dmr. There is a distinction between the weapon power and the skill level of an individual. And saying that ‘its only a little bit better, so its not THAT overpowered’ is a pretty lame defense, since it will still mess with the formula and provide an unfair situation. For a competitive setting, the variabele Gun has to be constant.

> 80% of H4 players are scrubs and have the DMR as their most used weapon.
>
> Suffice to say any nerfs done to the DMR is going to have a lot of backlash from the scrubs of the community because they are so reliant on it.

I only use the DMR for BTB actually, I went back to the BR though, it works wonders in SWAT. But, mostly people that grew used to the DMR use it because its OP in Halo 4 right now.

> > > It may be changed, it may not.
> > >
> > > If you really can’t stand it and it doesn’t get tweaked, we have Team Throwdown for 4v4 Slayer, BR Starts.
> > >
> > > What ever happens, it won’t be horrible. There are options for everyone.
> >
> > 1 playlist. 1 playlist to play because of one weapon. That’s completely stupid.
> > For me, I’ll have Team Throwback, Flood, and Spartan Ops to play if the DMR doesn’t get nerfed. That’s stupid that I can’t play Dominion or Team Objective (both that I really like) because of one weapon.
> >
> > The DMR seriously needs a nerf. I believe it’s RoF needs to be lowered. But just some kind of nerf would be great.
>
> Infinity Slayer, Regicide, Doubles, Team Obj, all perfectly playable with the BR.
> I’m sorry, but I just can’t agree that its that overpowered of a weapon. Sure it could use a slight nerf, but its not that OP.
>
> <mark>If you want to see OP, go look at Warriors in WoW before the 5.1 patch. THAT is OP</mark>.

Oh good lord, don’t even get me started on going off topic with that…

> > > 80% of H4 players are scrubs and have the DMR as their most used weapon.
> > >
> > > Suffice to say any nerfs done to the DMR is going to have a lot of backlash from the scrubs of the community because they are so reliant on it.
> >
> > Skill > Gun.
> > I have the BR, DMR, and currently working on LR to full commendation. I don’t need a specific one to beat you no matter the range, assist, or fire rate it has.
> >
> > If you blame the DMR as you losing the battle, you either don’t know how to use a BR or other rifle effectively against a DMR or you’re just bad.
>
> I will provide a simple formula for you to understand what is wrong with the DMR;
>
> y = s + g
>
> Where y is the ‘speed’ of your kill, s is the Skill level a player has and g is the Gun that is used.
>
> If a game is fair, which means that all the different weapons are equally good, the variabale Gun should be constant regardless of the weapon used. So that means the outcome of a battle depends on skill only:
>
> y = s
>
> In Halo 4, this is not the case, since its proven in various threads that the DMR is overpowered (so in the formula, g gets a higher value for the DMR than other weapons):
>
> y = s + 5 (dmr formula)
> y = s + 4 (other weapons formula)
>
> As you can see, the one using a br ( or any other weapon) needs 1 skillpoint more against someone with a dmr for it to be an even fight. This is the argument you and other dmr-fanboys use to defend the dmr. There is a distinction between the weapon power and the skill level of an individual. And saying that ‘its only a little bit better, so its not THAT overpowered’ is a pretty lame defense, since it will still mess with the formula and provide an unfair situation. For a competitive setting, the variabele Gun has to be constant.

You don’t need to act like everyone is dumb as pull out some simple math to act like a tough guy.

I understand that it would be ideal if everything was on even playing field.
Sad reality of that is, is that that ideal is something very hard to achieve especially since guns change so drastically between games and patches. A good number of nerfs that have come to any weapon from a number of games always leave them not even close to even, but weaker to what they were originally slated to be even with.

I have already stated that I wouldn’t mind a slight nerf to the DMR. I just think that the communities reaction to the overpoweredness of the DMR is bullox. Its statistically stronger ever so slightly. But everyone takes those statistics and demands a nerf to the gun because its the strongest gun in the lot and makes it seem like the gun is this invincible killing machine.