No, Memories of Reach is not 'shallow'

I can’t believe people are complaining about the upcoming Memories of Reach update for Halo 5.

I mean, c’mon guys. We’re getting Infection, one of the biggest and most popular modes the franchise has to offer. We’re getting the Plasma Rifle, Reach armor (including Emile’s), a remixed map, new loadout variants, a boatload of weapon skins, and perhaps even the Falcon and Grenade Launcher from Reach. Who knows, that hidden Mythic might even be Jorge’s chaingun turret.

Don’t even tell me this update is ‘shallow’.

Well I don’t think I Give infection too much credit since I would expect it to be in anyways.

But only blood hand, new mythic weapon and unknown. Not sure if we’re getting much in terms of new variety for weapons.

But the forge stuff seems like it’s going to be great. I was expecting warzone assault variant of dark star .

while new armours might be great , I had the weapon skins already and azure are a bit eh. I want some steam punk like with wood and copper and gold.
Still no knights blade and extended ammo scope variants. And only getting base variants for tracer weapons (presumably tracer).

Nah, it’s not shallow at all.
These updates come laden with UI updates and fixes, forge addition out the wazoo, and adding a new mode is no small change, especially if it’s loaded with awesome custom options (which I feel it will be).

Most of those things fly under people’s radars because they don’t have shiney REQ cards attached.
This update is just like the others. There’s so many unknown details so far, so it’s hard to tell, but it will likely be just as big as the others, if not bigger.

It’s not the fact it’s shallow, it’s the fact there’s not much “new” both in terms of REQs and content. And the title of the update being held to such a high standard. So in a sense, it’s shallow. I’ll explain:

In terms of REQs. A lot of skins they gave out early a few months back is laced into this DLC, making up the bulk of this update. The “new” skins on top of this follow the same color scheme of blue from the last update. Armors are great, but you’ll get people who complain it doesn’t look right or is too hard to achieve due to being Mythic. And only four new weapon variants. And two “new” weapons that serve the same purpose as their counterparts but with little tweaks or buffs. Everything else is subjective swag.

And a lot of people don’t want REQs. Rather actual content that serves to be utilized in a practical sense. Rather than being a peripheral or “swag”. In this case, we get: a supposed remixed map. Which people will be dissapointed in. And infection. Which will distract these people for awhile. As well as a bunch of general bug fixes, tweaks, and things added to Customs, Forge, and general settings.

And despite this update being called “Memories of Reach” only ~30% of it is Reach related. NOT including Infection or stuff like stances or assassinations. So I’m being generous allowing the top two cards be included. I would of been okay with getting a few weapons from Reach, which there are none in this update besides to “turret”, a suite of Reach assassinations, the Falcon, Infection, and to the extent Forge World and Invasion.

So, I get what you’re saying OP. It’s all subjective at this point, the problem with 343 introducing REQs into the fold is now you have to cater to two different types of people every update; The ones who just want more REQs and swag for peripheral use. Or the people petitioning for more gametypes and maps because they actually want to play the game or build maps with gametypes. This update sadly is just another “REQ dump” I’m hoping someday there’s another Cartographers Gift or Hammer Storm on the horizon.

In the meantime, let’s try to enjoy MoR for what it is.

If that ONI req is not a Falcon…

If this update was a swimming pool it would be one of those plastic ones people wash their dogs in.

Its kinda shallow. 1 map, 1 game mode, maybe a new vehicle. The rest is all fluff.

I’m still looking forward to it.

It hasn’t even came out yet…lol

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.</mark>

> 2535420373165854;1:
> I can’t believe people are complaining about the upcoming Memories of Reach update for Halo 5.
> I mean, c’mon guys. We’re getting Infection, one of the biggest and most popular modes the franchise has to offer. We’re getting the Plasma Rifle, Reach armor (including Emile’s), a remixed map, new loadout variants, a boatload of weapon skins, and perhaps even the Falcon and Grenade Launcher from Reach. Who knows, that hidden Mythic might even be Jorge’s chaingun turret.
> Don’t even tell me this update is ‘shallow’.

Well when you put it that way…
This update is still awful.
Trying to justify 4 helmets, 1 gun, 1 map (Remix of a map no one wants remixed) 1 terrible gamemode IMO which is the bulk of the update as anything more than shallow is straight up retarded.

> 2535420373165854;1:
> I can’t believe people are complaining about the upcoming Memories of Reach update for Halo 5.
>
> I mean, c’mon guys. We’re getting Infection, one of the biggest and most popular modes the franchise has to offer. We’re getting the Plasma Rifle, Reach armor (including Emile’s), a remixed map, new loadout variants, a boatload of weapon skins, and perhaps even the Falcon and Grenade Launcher from Reach. Who knows, that hidden Mythic might even be Jorge’s chaingun turret.
>
> Don’t even tell me this update is ‘shallow’.

Half of those skins are things we’ve already had, Infection should have been in the game at launch as well as a few other -Yoink- on this -Yoink- game, you can’t defend 343industries

It’s a few puddles of content so I consider it to be shallow. I need to be at least neck deep in content to consider it decent

Yes it is.

Another major REQ dump doesn’t really interest me so much given that the game is flooded with the stuff and unless I grind the game for points to buy randomly-generated content REQ Packs (which I still have to go through Silvers), I’m liable to just get crap and waste my time. Infection’s nice, but I hope it pays out big time for REQ Points, but it’s Arena so fat-chance.

It’s okay. Let people keep complaining about free stuff.

> 2533274812303481;15:
> It’s okay. Let people keep complaining about free stuff.

Is free a substitute for quality? I know that’s subjective, but give that a good thought for a minute.

Do we really need to respond to a thread with another thread?

Anyways, it’s all a matter of opinion. It’s how we are willing to compromise and balance out requests that will make a majority happy.
Not saying this update is the best, but I bet you some people are happy with it.

Just fix the bugs. Fix the servers. Best update ever if that happens.

> 2533274812652989;16:
> > 2533274812303481;15:
> > It’s okay. Let people keep complaining about free stuff.
>
>
> Is free a substitute for quality? I know that’s subjective, but give that a good thought for a minute.

Not only is it free, but a lot of it is stuff that the community actually asked for. I think it is actually some pretty cool stuff, plus they are balancing out weapons, updating the UI and fixing some small bugs. On top of that they’re adding a shitton of stuff to forge and allowing players to create their own versions of infection, (that they could take notes on to improve their version)

I get that it’s not a lot of content, but heck, I can see this easily being a $9.99 DLC in halo 4. I think it’s just the fact that people are looking at it as a Reach DLC and not a MEMORIES of Reach DLC. If it was a Reach DLC, I’d be pretty pissed or disappointed like most players, but only a small team of people are actually working in the DLC department because most are working on Halo Wars 2/Halo 6 I believe.

I’m not sure what more people could possibly want? There are already too many REQs imo so I’m glad they did not add a ton of new ones. The fact of the matter is the Halo community loves to complain. Waypoint was created so people could go online to complain together.

> 2535471109694535;19:
> > 2533274812652989;16:
> > > 2533274812303481;15:
> > > It’s okay. Let people keep complaining about free stuff.
> >
> >
> > Is free a substitute for quality? I know that’s subjective, but give that a good thought for a minute.
>
>
> Not only is it free, but a lot of it is stuff that the community actually asked for. I think it is actually some pretty cool stuff, plus they are balancing out weapons, updating the UI and fixing some small bugs. On top of that they’re adding a shitton of stuff to forge and allowing players to create their own versions of infection, (that they could take notes on to improve their version)
>
> I get that it’s not a lot of content, but heck, I can see this easily being a $9.99 DLC in halo 4. I think it’s just the fact that people are looking at it as a Reach DLC and not a MEMORIES of Reach DLC. If it was a Reach DLC, I’d be pretty pissed or disappointed like most players, but only a small team of people are actually working in the DLC department because most are working on Halo Wars 2/Halo 6 I believe.

Stasis/Torque was never related to Reach at all, neither was the Brute Plasma Rifle and some other -Yoink- that has nothing to do with the MEMORIES of Reach, I don’t remember a Brute Plasma Rifle