No map voting in Halo 5

Confirmed by Josh Holmes

Halo 5 will not feature any voting or even a veto system, maps are simply rotated.

I hope that the rotation will be random, it would suck knowing that one of your favorite maps could possibly be many matches away due to being near the end of the rotation list.

Aside from that, I love that it’s been done this way. It was always frustrating in Halo 4 to play nothing but Haven and Exile whenever they showed up pre-game and even in MCC it is annoying to play nothing but Lockout and Zanzibar. For Halo 3 it’s annoying to constantly play on The Pit and Battle Creek in CE.

> 2533274833600810;1:
> Confirmed by Josh Holmes
>
> Halo 5 will not feature any voting or even a veto system, maps are simply rotated.
>
> I hope that the rotation will be random, it would suck knowing that one of your favorite maps could possibly be many matches away due to being near the end of the rotation list.
>
> Aside from that, I love that it’s been done this way. It was always frustrating in Halo 4 to play nothing but Haven and Exile whenever they showed up pre-game and even in MCC it is annoying to play nothing but Lockout and Zanzibar. For Halo 3 it’s annoying to constantly play on The Pit and Battle Creek in CE.

I think this is the best way to go about it. I don’t want a team who has coordination, compared to the randoms who are not even talking to each other to be able to vote for the same thing over and over like in MCC.

people always talk about ‘going back’ and in this instance i actually agree, its good they’re going back to H2s map system

I kinda liked the voting system but when you dont have enough people to vote what you want then every match is on the same 3 maps. Mcc is a great example of why voting should be gone. I swear in mcc all i get is halo 3 and h4 in btb. No one ever picks h2a or h2c.

I kinda like the fact that its going back now that i think about it but i hope the rotation is talked about more.

Well this is different.

I hope they have coupled this with making it impossible to start another MM Halo 5 game as long as the game is in progress.
(To discourage quitting when a map people don’t like comes up in the rotation)

This can easily be accomplished by linking the game to the player’s gamertag.

In other words, you take what you are given and if you don’t like it, you have to go to a completely different game/ form of entertainment instead.

'cos we don’t you, you Yoinking quitters.

And auto de-spawn after (say) 20sec AFK.

> 2533274962785885;6:
> I hope they have coupled this with making it impossible to start another MM Halo 5 game as long as the game is in progress.
> (To discourage quitting when a map people don’t like comes up in the rotation)
>
> This can easily be accomplished by linking the game to the player’s gamertag.
>
> In other words, you take what you are given and if you don’t like it, you have to go to a completely different game/ form of entertainment instead.
>
> 'cos we don’t you, you Yoinking quitters.
>
>
> And auto de-spawn after (say) 20sec AFK.

That would be a good idea.

Thank god. I’ve always hated the voting system.

This is great news. I liked the gamble of the veto system from Halo 3, but this is definitely a significant improvement from MCC.

> 2533274962785885;6:
> I hope they have coupled this with making it impossible to start another MM Halo 5 game as long as the game is in progress.
> (To discourage quitting when a map people don’t like comes up in the rotation)
>
>
> In other words, you take what you are given and if you don’t like it, you have to go to a completely different game/ form of entertainment instead.
>
>
>

Oh, like in smite, where if you leave the game and come back you’ll return to the same match until it ends? I wouldn’t mind that. But I dunno about how your average quitting casual would feel about it.

> 2533274962785885;6:
>
>
>
>
>

what you’re saying sounds good, but it seems to me an AFK despawn that is that short could be exploited too easily. Do you mean the person gets despawned or they get booted?

I’m extremely happy that there is no map voting system.

Couldn’t be happier about this decision. Goodbye playing the same map and game type three times in a row…hopefully.

Another reason they probably got rid of the veto system, was so players can experience every map that has been created. 343i took tons of time to create and detail all these MP maps not to have players veto all but one map. I’m sure down the road after the game has been out for awhile they will add a veto system.

> 2533274938856878;14:
> Another reason they probably got rid of the veto system, was so players can experience every map that has been created. 343i took tons of time to create and detail all these MP maps not to have players veto all but one map. I’m sure down the road after the game has been out for awhile they will add a veto system.

No, I’m sure they will not be bringing it back. It was removed because the majority will always vote against a select few maps, and that causes those who want to play on them unable to. It was removed to give every map an equal chance of getting selected, and no matter how long they go without voting, once they bring it back the problem comes back too.

I am so glad about this because when there are 14 maps in the game, I want to play all 14 and not just the community favorites.

Ew i hate the idea of being forced to play a map or gamemode i dont like rather than having the ability to chose between a few i might like

this is bad news

> 2533274870790671;17:
> Ew i hate the idea of being forced to play a map or gamemode i dont like rather than having the ability to chose between a few i might like
>
> this is bad news

Believe it or not, the bold is how a lot of people felt with a voting/veto system in place. People have a bad habit of picking the same gametypes and maps to dominate in, while preventing others from playing certain maps and gametypes they might be in the mood for.

With a voting system in place, you really don’t have all that much “choice” when it comes to what you want to play. It was always about hoping others in your lobby had the same mindset as you.

Eh. Idk

I think vetoing is a good middle ground. Voting for sure causing a lot of stagnation. I don’t think just giving us no options at all is good either though.

I liked H3’s system the best. It gave you some control and variety.

Ps- If 343 has no solution for the dashboarding/quit the build issue that plagues the MCC, there is going to be big problems in H5 MM.

Hard for me to be excited about this when destiny uses the same system. As long as all maps are weighted equally it won’t be an issue. Though I highly doubt it’s going down that way. Hopefully they also have a system in place so you can’t play the same map twice in a row.