No Map Variety At All! Same Maps Constantly!

Has anyone noticed that in BTB, Complex, Settler, Longbow, Meltdown and Vortex constantly appear? I hardly or never see Ragnarok or Exile anymore to vote for anymore. This is pathetic, I like map variety in a fps and the variety is HORRIBLE in Halo 4.

I have all the map packs and rarely see map packs in any playlist. In a 2-3 hour session of playing I will never see a map from the map packs to vote for. There should be an option in every playlist to select “DLC maps only” when matchmaking so you are matched with people who have all the DLC and only DLC maps would be voted on. I am sure there would be at least 150-300 people in BTB, SLAYER, BTB Skirmish at any one time who would be using this option.

Will this ever change? Someone at 343 better see this because I am sick of playing the same maps over and over. In total BTB and BTB Skirmish has 9 maps if you include the map packs.

Other maps can be added to BTB/BTB Skrimish like Harvest, Outcast and there should be a Halo 4 version of Hemorrhage. 2 more forge maps should be added to bringing the total number of forge maps in BTB/BTB Skirmish to 4.

> Has anyone noticed that in BTB, Complex, Settler, Longbow, Meltdown and Vortex constantly appear? I hardly or never see Ragnarok or Exile anymore. This is pathetic, I like map variety in a fps and the variety is HORRIBLE in Halo 4.
>
> I have all the map packs and rarely see map packs in other playlists. There should be an option in every playlist to select “Map packs only” when matchmaking so you are matched with people who have map packs and only map pack maps would be voted on. I am sure there would be at least 150-300 people in BTB, SLAYER, BTB Skirmish at any one time who would be using this option.
>
> Will this ever change? Someone at 343 better see this because I am sick of playing the same maps over and over. In total BTB and BTB Skirmish has 9 maps if you include the map packs.
>
> <mark>Still, other maps can be added like Harvest and there should be a Halo 4 version of Hemorrhage.</mark>

As much as I hate to say this, and as much as I hate for this to be true…

Blood Gulch would be nightmarish in Halo 4…

REASONS:

• With Blood Gulch (Hemorrhage) being a largely open map, and that everyone can freely spawn with LightRifles and DMRS, Blood Gulch would become a worse Cross-Mapper fest than both Settler and Ragnarok combined.

• Blood Gulch was always remembered as a map where Vehicle Combat was legendary, but with everyone freely spawning with Plasma Grenades and Plasma Pistols, it would be discouraging to enter a Vehicle all together.

• Often referred to as a “Sniper’s Dream”, Blood Gulch offered huge open sight lines that made players shake in fear when a Sniper was discovered. But now, with Personal Ordnance handing Power-Weapons to players like candy… Every match would be plagued with hordes of Beam Rifles and Binary Rifles.

Yeah I noticed this too! Before, I think Exile and Ragnarok would always be present in the voting rounds. Now I always go to Complex and Vortex. It’s just sad. Just really sad.

> > Has anyone noticed that in BTB, Complex, Settler, Longbow, Meltdown and Vortex constantly appear? I hardly or never see Ragnarok or Exile anymore. This is pathetic, I like map variety in a fps and the variety is HORRIBLE in Halo 4.
> >
> > I have all the map packs and rarely see map packs in other playlists. There should be an option in every playlist to select “Map packs only” when matchmaking so you are matched with people who have map packs and only map pack maps would be voted on. I am sure there would be at least 150-300 people in BTB, SLAYER, BTB Skirmish at any one time who would be using this option.
> >
> > Will this ever change? Someone at 343 better see this because I am sick of playing the same maps over and over. In total BTB and BTB Skirmish has 9 maps if you include the map packs.
> >
> > <mark>Still, other maps can be added like Harvest and there should be a Halo 4 version of Hemorrhage.</mark>
>
> As much as I hate to say this, and as much as I hate for this to be true…
>
> Blood Gulch would be nightmarish in Halo 4…
>
> REASONS:
>
> - With Blood Gulch (Hemorrhage) being a largely open map, and that everyone can freely spawn with LightRifles and DMRS, Blood Gulch would become a worse Cross-Mapper fest than both Settler and Ragnarok combined.
>
> - Blood Gulch was always remembered as a map where Vehicle Combat was legendary, but with everyone freely spawning with Plasma Grenades and Plasma Pistols, it would be discouraging to enter a Vehicle all together.
>
> - Often referred to as a “Sniper’s Dream”, Blood Gulch offered huge open sight lines that made players shake in fear when a Sniper was discovered. But now, with Personal Ordnance handing Power-Weapons to players like candy… Every match would be plagued with hordes of Beam Rifles and Binary Rifles.

Yes you are right but this problem would be eased significantly if it was made Slayer Pro only. It was my favorite BTB map in Halo Reach and they really need it in Halo 4 for Slayer Pro only.

> Yeah I noticed this too! Before, I think Exile and Ragnarok would always be present in the voting rounds. Now I always go to Complex and Vortex. It’s just sad. Just really sad.

Yea, now that I think of it, all Halo games had this problem.

Still, in Halo Reach there was more variety since you had the option to play Squad DLC which had all the DLC maps in one playlist. Even though only 150-300 people play at any one time, I still had a blast since I really liked the maps. Reach also had multiple Anniversary playlists for more variety.

All Halo 4 has is the Majestic playlist right now.

I am sick of the lacking variety in this game. 343 better release an update that would allow people with DLC to only play DLC in any play list. It would be an optional setting in every playlist that would have you matched up with other DLC players and only DLC maps would be voted on. It would be required for you to have all DLC maps to play.

maybe it is because the first 6 months of the game, “rag” and exile were the only 2 maps ANY one voted for. it is called forced variety. it is OKAY with me.

> maybe it is because the first 6 months of the game, “rag” and exile were the only 2 maps ANY one voted for. it is called forced variety. it is OKAY with me.[/quote
>
>
> That is stupid. They cycled voting choices should change often, every match should have different voting choices if you exit after the match and go into it again. There also needs to be an option for DLC only in every playlist because I NEVER see any DLC options and I usually play for 2-3 hours in one session.

Ignoring your flawed Map remake suggestions that my colleagues have already attended to. . . I Agree that there are not enough maps in each playlist. But, remember the dlc maps are Very Uncommon because only some 50% of gamers buy dlc for every their favorite games. You must get matched with 100% dlc players to play on dlc content. Also many maps do not play optimally in every gametype. (Though idc at this point. I just want more ON DISC map options.)

I find it disappointing there’s a huge lack of BTB maps, but then again, usually Halo BTB tends to revolve around two or three maps. I remember in Halo 3 everyone always went for Valhalla or Sandtrap.

> I find it disappointing there’s a huge lack of BTB maps, but then again, usually Halo BTB tends to revolve around two or three maps. I remember in Halo 3 everyone always went for Valhalla or Sandtrap.

I hope you don’t mean overall, because Halo 4 is full of big maps that would work great in Big Team.

There is for sure a lack of variety in BTIS & BTS at the moment though, seems like someone tweaked the map frequency and didn’t mention it in an update.

Really annoying, especially when you are offered a choice between two maps, you should a least have " different maps to choose from.
I think the halo 4 maps for BTB are pretty terrible compared to halo 3 and reach.

I think that this is partly a problem that stems from the lack of maps at launch.

I feel like I’ve won the lottery when something other than Haven or Complex gets voted for. This is a huge problem.

> > Has anyone noticed that in BTB, Complex, Settler, Longbow, Meltdown and Vortex constantly appear? I hardly or never see Ragnarok or Exile anymore. This is pathetic, I like map variety in a fps and the variety is HORRIBLE in Halo 4.
> >
> > I have all the map packs and rarely see map packs in other playlists. There should be an option in every playlist to select “Map packs only” when matchmaking so you are matched with people who have map packs and only map pack maps would be voted on. I am sure there would be at least 150-300 people in BTB, SLAYER, BTB Skirmish at any one time who would be using this option.
> >
> > Will this ever change? Someone at 343 better see this because I am sick of playing the same maps over and over. In total BTB and BTB Skirmish has 9 maps if you include the map packs.
> >
> > <mark>Still, other maps can be added like Harvest and there should be a Halo 4 version of Hemorrhage.</mark>
>
> As much as I hate to say this, and as much as I hate for this to be true…
>
> Blood Gulch would be nightmarish in Halo 4…
>
> REASONS:
>
> - With Blood Gulch (Hemorrhage) being a largely open map, and that everyone can freely spawn with LightRifles and DMRS, Blood Gulch would become a worse Cross-Mapper fest than both Settler and Ragnarok combined.
>
> - <mark>Blood Gulch was always remembered as a map where Vehicle Combat was legendary, but with everyone freely spawning with Plasma Grenades and Plasma Pistols, it would be discouraging to enter a Vehicle all together.</mark>
>
> - Often referred to as a “Sniper’s Dream”, Blood Gulch offered huge open sight lines that made players shake in fear when a Sniper was discovered. But now, with Personal Ordnance handing Power-Weapons to players like candy… Every match would be plagued with hordes of Beam Rifles and Binary Rifles.

Actually on an big open map vehicles would do much better because there is more space to maneuver, and it would give players that spawn with Plasma pistol’s and plasma grenades a harder time to destroy or disable the vehicles. The maps we have now that are big aren’t really open or wide, and so it is hard to move around with a vehicle. You are more likely to get stuck or disabled on tighter roadways on a big map. If the maps were more open like Blood Gulch it would be much better for vehicle dominance.

@OP if people bought the DLC Maps then we wouldn’t have to worry about less variety in the map votes. 343/MS should make the current DLC prizes half off for a day making the price 400 MSP. Maybe then people will buy it because it costs less.