No Mantis?

I find it kinda wierd that the Mantis didnt make it into HW2. o_o I mean personally I dont care… but it just seems like it would fit. I like the Wolverine. But the Mantis could of took replace of that or the Cyclops. Im all for expanding the lore and universe. So no hate just wondering why not lol

Mantis is too advanced for the Spirit of Fire to produce.

All the new vehicles introduced in Halo Wars 2 are simple or older machines that the Spirit of Fire could produce with its outdated systems and manufacturing power.

If we saw someone like Lasky as a DLC leader then perhaps we can see them and other post-war vehicles and machines added for him as a special unit

RUL MonkeyxMoo has a point, I’d also say the Mantis would be a hero type of unit, because it was both strong against Air and Vehicles/Infantry.

^^^ True True

The Mantis would have been a great addition for sure. I was disappointed that the Elephant didn’t make a return. I loved the Elephant. It took some nice strategy to hide it, and build from it.

I would have loved the Mantis but I’m not sure the UNSC had developed them by the time the Spirit of Fire began its voyage decades ago, (technically they were the first to discover the Flood before they appeared in Halo: CE).

I hate the Mantis so I’m glad it’s not in the game tbh

I actually feel like if they introduced the mantis as more of a hybrid counter unit then that would be a cool addition. They could balance it so that it’s effective against both infantry and air without being better than the direct counters such as snipers/wolverines.

> 2533274883849234;2:
> Mantis is too advanced for the Spirit of Fire to produce.
>
> All the new vehicles introduced in Halo Wars 2 are simple or older machines that the Spirit of Fire could produce with its outdated systems and manufacturing power.
>
> If we saw someone like Lasky as a DLC leader then perhaps we can see them and other post-war vehicles and machines added for him as a special unit

I was gonna say that. The only reasons new units are in the Halo Wars 2 is because Serina made some repairs and upgrades and after Anders awoke and ISabel were brought on board that started work on the Condor.

First, like what was said before the mantis is too advanced to be produced by the spirit of fire, but if they did introduce a leader with them then it could work. Personally I would have them be a cyclops equivalent of a grizzly.