No Mammoth in forge...why 343?

Considering the size of the 3 forge environments…i doubt that the Mammoth is going to be available in Forge and MP (excluding Spartan Ops)
What do you think guys?

Why do we need one, again?

> Why do we need one, again?

Rule of cool. We didn’t really need Elephants, but they were on Sandtrap.

Ah, I can imagine so much potential for Mammoth-centered gametypes. Imagine an Assault varient where Blue/Red team is driving around on the Mammoth full speed while the other team chases it with Warthogs and Mongooses attempting to board and plant the bomb.

The mammoth is nearly 3-4 times the size of a Pelican. How would we fit this on any known map?

It certainly won’t be able to fit on any of those forge maps, the only maps I could have ever imagined it on were Sandtrap and Sandbox (or a similar Sandbox style forge map). Since none of those are in Halo 4 I doubt we’ll see Mammoths outside of Spartan Ops and Campaign, unless they release a larger open flat forge map as DLC (yes please).

> It certainly won’t be able to fit on any of those forge maps, the only maps I could have ever imagined it on were Sandtrap and Sandbox (or a similar Sandbox style forge map). Since none of those are in Halo 4 I doubt we’ll see Mammoths outside of Spartan Ops and Campaign, unless they release a larger open flat forge map as DLC (yes please).

Mammoth is easily several times bigger than the Elephant though. Not even the biggest Reach maps would be big enough.

I really hope Halo 5 can handle massive maps so we can drive around in one of these.

I had a plan for a Flood Mode map. There would be two playable spaces. In between these is a long road. The road has a Soft Kill Zone on it; So you couldn’t make it across if you were a Human. The only way to get across is by driving a Mammoth across. Because the Flood run fast, they could run after the Humans trying to get to the other side. So Humans would have to fight off Flood boarders.

But now, that’s only a fantasy :frowning:

> > It certainly won’t be able to fit on any of those forge maps, the only maps I could have ever imagined it on were Sandtrap and Sandbox (or a similar Sandbox style forge map). Since none of those are in Halo 4 I doubt we’ll see Mammoths outside of Spartan Ops and Campaign, unless they release a larger open flat forge map as DLC (yes please).
>
> Mammoth is easily several times bigger than the Elephant though. Not even the biggest Reach maps would be big enough.
>
> I really hope Halo 5 can handle massive maps so we can drive around in one of these.

Hopefully Halo 5 will increase the max player cap for BTB. 16 is getting a little aged.

As stated above, mammoths are huge.

I would settle for an Elephant. There not as huge and probably fit somewhere. Maybe in dlc.

Because Customs.

> > Why do we need one, again?
>
> I had a plan for a Flood Mode map. There would be two playable spaces. In between these is a long road. The road has a Soft Kill Zone on it; So you couldn’t make it across if you were a Human. The only way to get across is by driving a Mammoth across. Because the Flood run fast, they could run after the Humans trying to get to the other side. So Humans would have to fight off Flood boarders.
>
> But now, that’s only a fantasy :frowning:

I got one for ya. Mammoth Flood Assault!! Let your imagination run wild :wink:

I hope there are mammoths in forge someday, actually a pelican would be neat too. I’m also wanting to say, there are 3 iterations of the warthog, 4 if you count the troop hog, what makes us think there is only one iteration of the mantis?

> The mammoth is nearly 3-4 times the size of a Pelican. How would we fit this on any known map?

Forge world [Reach], easily.

> > It certainly won’t be able to fit on any of those forge maps, the only maps I could have ever imagined it on were Sandtrap and Sandbox (or a similar Sandbox style forge map). Since none of those are in Halo 4 I doubt we’ll see Mammoths outside of Spartan Ops and Campaign, unless they release a larger open flat forge map as DLC (yes please).
>
> Mammoth is easily several times bigger than the Elephant though. Not even the biggest Reach maps would be big enough.
>
> I really hope Halo 5 can handle massive maps so we can drive around in one of these.

Halo 5 will probably release on next gen hardware so hopefully we can look forward to a number of improved things, for me I hope we get proper detailed textures and aesthetic variations on forge pieces since we’ll be getting more memory and horsepower. Seriously though, I’m loving Impact but the Forge pieces still look dull. This time around they’re just white instead of grey.

> > The mammoth is nearly 3-4 times the size of a Pelican. How would we fit this on any known map?
>
> Forge world [Reach], easily.

I don’t think you really appreciate the size of the Mammoth.

The Mammoth is easily the width of Blood Gulch on Reach and the length is anywhere from half to 3/4 of it.

> > The mammoth is nearly 3-4 times the size of a Pelican. How would we fit this on any known map?
>
> Forge world [Reach], easily.

Yeah but reach had alot of performance issues.

> > > The mammoth is nearly 3-4 times the size of a Pelican. How would we fit this on any known map?
> >
> > Forge world [Reach], easily.
>
> I don’t think you really appreciate the size of the Mammoth.
>
> The Mammoth is easily the width of Blood Gulch on Reach and the length is anywhere from half to 3/4 of it.

I extremely doubt that. Go look at the Campaign screenshots again. It’s most likely a little over twice the size of the Elephant.

A Mammoth would have a hard time driving in Blood Gulch…

I doubt we’ll be seeing it in multiplayer. Hopefully it can return for Spartan Ops.

> > > > The mammoth is nearly 3-4 times the size of a Pelican. How would we fit this on any known map?
> > >
> > > Forge world [Reach], easily.
> >
> > I don’t think you really appreciate the size of the Mammoth.
> >
> > The Mammoth is easily the width of Blood Gulch on Reach and the length is anywhere from half to 3/4 of it.
>
> I extremely doubt that. Go look at the Campaign screenshots again. It’s most likely a little over twice the size of the Elephant.

The campaign screenshot is my reference point, using the mounted rocket launcher as a measuring tool.

> > > > > The mammoth is nearly 3-4 times the size of a Pelican. How would we fit this on any known map?
> > > >
> > > > Forge world [Reach], easily.
> > >
> > > I don’t think you really appreciate the size of the Mammoth.
> > >
> > > The Mammoth is easily the width of Blood Gulch on Reach and the length is anywhere from half to 3/4 of it.
> >
> > I extremely doubt that. Go look at the Campaign screenshots again. It’s most likely a little over twice the size of the Elephant.
>
> The campaign screenshot is my reference point, using the rocket launcher as a measuring tool.

Maybe my vision’s going bad, but it doesn’t look as big as you say. I guess we’ll find out come Nov. 6 :stuck_out_tongue: