No incentives to WIN in Halo Infinite

This is terrible, how is it possible that LOSING has the same rewards as WINNING in Halo Infinite?
Quietly I could agree with my team to stay AFK or do silly things around the map so that the opposing team wins fast and we would be winning more than by fighting to win it or scoring 3 “killing frenzy”, is crazy.

Winning should definitely give you more experience to lose.
+100 extra exp should be at least.

7 Likes

How does losing give you the same sense of satisfaction of winning?

Rewards don’t have to be tangible.

1 Like

Was just talking about this earlier with friends. Pretty lame that it’s like this they could’ve just copied the XP system from literally any other game and it would’ve been better.

1 Like

If they must be tangible, because progress is made through experience, not through victory or feats and achievements.
That is why there are no reasons to fulfill the objective of the mission unless you play for the hobby, but not everyone has the same incentive, others want the cosmetic that they give you at the end of the battle pass.

They could also release all the cosmetics and eliminate the battle pass along with all the achievements to get things, but it would stop being a f2p game, for that it plays in the MCC.

It seems they will reward more participation than winning.

2 Likes

Or just give some extra xp for winning and medals and kills and so on.

2 Likes

Exactly, that way everyone would get something for HOW they played. That would be a better system than what there is now and it’s actually falling back onto the older ways of doing it.

1 Like

How did I not think of that? It is perfect.

1 Like

We’ve been playing that system since CE. I don’t know why they would change something that has always worked for Halo, oh wait it’s the MONEY!!!

1 Like

Go play another game if you don’t actually like halo. Winning in itself is the reward not getting XP.

I don’t want to play another game, I’ve been playing Halo for 20 years and I love it.

Go play MCC, this is F2P, here things are achieved with sweat and blood, as a good syndicalist who appreciates his work, I want to receive good remuneration for my performance.

1 Like

I share your sense of worth.

Unfortunately it seems like a lot of other players need that extra carrot for them to chase a win.

2 Likes

I don’t know about straight up more exp, but if challenges were similar to MCC (win 3 social, win 3 ranked), then at least some people would be trying to win.

2 Likes

You’ve missed the entire point. Maybe you should go back to COD with the lackluster gameplay but high level of carrot on stick.

I don’t know if you noticed, but it’s a Warzone version of Halo. I’m sorry times change, but you still have the MCC.
Although I don’t know how asking for rewards for achieving achievements could make gameplay worse.

Because that’s not gameplay lol. Progressions are not gameplay. They are literally an effect of gameplay. If you think that’s game play then you’d have to consider new level loading, cinematic cut scenes between levels, and ending credits gameplay. Those, like progression systems, are an effect of the gameplay.

But to add to that- in a team based game, progrssion systems make it about the player not the team so they do hurt gameplay.

So I don’t understand what you’re complaining about, I’m just saying that the progression system is broken and that it doesn’t matter if you play well or badly, even play badly on purpose, the reward is the same.

1 Like

Yeah right now we’re just getting some xp for playing the game whether we win or lose but if they added a new daily like win 3 and get 200xp everyone would have something to work towards.

1 Like

Halo has had progression. So really we could go back to MCC or 5. But we want to play Infinite, made by the studio who has also supported progression systems, and the newest Halo out.

I don’t know why this is contested by you anyways if you don’t care. Even the devs themselves said today the progression system is painful.

“Yes I am still playing Halo and feeling everyone’s pain on progression. We are back at it next week and this will be top of my list with the team.” - Jerry Hook @hookscourt

1 Like