No human or Covie weapons in H4

Or at least make them very hard to find.

There’s a few reasons why they should have no role or a very limited role in 4. The most obvious one is H4 is set light years away from humans and Covies. This literally makes it so Covie weapons can not appear at all while human weapons can still be used as there’s the half a ship the Chief is in. That said, it’s very unlikely that there will be the amount of human weapons availible as there was in previous games due to the limited amount of weapons and ammo the ship’s hanger can provide. This would also, sadly, prevent new human weapons from appearing as there’s no reason for the new weapons to not have appeared earlier besides the “We didn’t come up with it then” excuse.

The other reason is it’s the start of a new trilogy. 343, you should go all out by making some crazy cool new weapons that isn’t human in orgin, stuff like that plasma gun the Forerunners used in one of the Legends shorts. It would make 4’s gameplay truely unique if you do that and stick with the core formula.

“But what about my beloved BR? I can’t play Halo without it!” Second comment aside, I’m not ruling out the possiblity of human and Covie weapons in 5 and 6. If the new trilogy goes the way I think (and should) go, then they should make a full, kick-Yoink return in 6. Think about it. Your favorite weapons from past games mixed with awesome Forerunner (or whatever the Chief encounters in 4) weapons? You have to admit it would be an amazing game.

If I correctly understood what you said, you think that there won’t be human weapons in Halo 4 multiplayer. That however has a high chance of being false. You see, even if there is only one human weapon, let’s say BR for example encountered in campaign, that means it will be in multiplayer. When it comes to developing the multiplayer, it doesn’t matter how important or unimportant the weapon is in campaign, only thing that matters is, how well the weapon fits into multiplayer.

I personally would be completely okay with the game only having Forerunner weapons, as long as we got Forerunner counterparts for the existing weapons. But 343i will find a way to get the human weapons into the game. Most of them are iconic to Halo, which means that without them, it looses a huge part of the Halo feel, AR, Sniper, Shotgun and Rocket Launcher are the iconic human weapons all of them have been in every Halo game (with the AR not being in Halo 2 as an exception). We also shouldn’t leave out the iconic Covenant weapons that are Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle and Needler, these too have been in every Halo game.

The last thing is that AR won’t be out of the game, it just can’t. It’s the most iconic weapon of Master Chief, he has had it in every game (again Halo 2 as an exception). If you asked a non-Halo fan to name Halo weapons, AR would be one to pop up.

Then again, that’s just my view on the subject. I could be wrong, but seeing as this is 343i’s first full game, I don’t think they would try anything too drastic. Something that supports my claim is that they have said they want the core elements to stay in the game.

But again, that’s just my view, I don’t know what they consider as core elements. Feel free to answer if you want to.

> If I correctly understood what you said, you think that there won’t be human weapons in Halo 4 multiplayer. That however has a high chance of being false. You see, even if there is only one human weapon, let’s say BR for example encountered in campaign, that means it will be in multiplayer. When it comes to developing the multiplayer, it doesn’t matter how important or unimportant the weapon is in campaign, only thing that matters is, how well the weapon fits into multiplayer.
>
> I personally would be completely okay with the game only having Forerunner weapons, as long as we got Forerunner counterparts for the existing weapons. But 343i will find a way to get the human weapons into the game. Most of them are iconic to Halo, which means that without them, it looses a huge part of the Halo feel, AR, Sniper, Shotgun and Rocket Launcher are the iconic human weapons all of them have been in every Halo game (with the AR not being in Halo 2 as an exception). We also shouldn’t leave out the iconic Covenant weapons that are Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle and Needler, these too have been in every Halo game.
>
> The last thing is that AR won’t be out of the game, it just can’t. It’s the most iconic weapon of Master Chief, he has had it in every game (again Halo 2 as an exception). If you asked a non-Halo fan to name Halo weapons, AR would be one to pop up.
>
> Then again, that’s just my view on the subject. I could be wrong, but seeing as this is 343i’s first full game, I don’t think they would try anything too drastic. Something that supports my claim is that they have said they want the core elements to stay in the game.
>
> But again, that’s just my view, I don’t know what they consider as core elements. Feel free to answer if you want to.

I totally get what you’re saying and to a certain extent agree with you, but I feel that if they make an appearence then it should be a limited one. Something like there’s only one BR and/or AR on a map and the sniper rifle and rocket launcher appear in one map for every five maps. This lets the older weapons appear but let newer ones have the spotlight for at least one game.

I know this probably won’t be a very supported idea but as a gamer I like to face new challenges, more so in sequel games due to the new ways to face encounters similar to the ones in past games.

If Pokemon can do it, I can’t see how Halo can’t do it as well.

This is what they should do.

You have all the crazy weapons along with the scarce human weapons in the Campaign.
In the Multiplayer, you use all the standard Human weapons ( DMR/BR or whatever is next. Pistol, AR …etc).

Kind of like CoD (flame suit on), this creates a even greater sandbox but doesn’t ruin the balance in multiplayer. Works perfectly fine in my mind.

Pretty much what the second poster said^

> If Pokemon can do it, I can’t see how Halo can’t do it as well.

Because this isn’t Halomon, -Yoink!-! :wink:

Anyway, I agree. Human weapons have been dominant in Halo’s multiplayer since H:CE. There it was the pistol, in H2 and H3 it was the BR and the SMG, and in Reach it’s the DMR and the AR. I think it’s really time we moved on to alien weapons, and H4 is the perfect opportunity for that.

You have to keep in mind that all the fun weapons the Covies use (with the exception of gravity hammer, spiker, mauler, and brute shot) are based on Forerunner weapons. And in H4 we don’t have to put up with reverse-engineered stuff but can use the “real deal”, i.e. the Forerunner weapons upon which Covie weapons are based on.

We don’t even know what we are fighting yet. Also when someone asked Frankie how chief was going to get his weapons, he said it was only logical to get them from the Forward unto dawn. Which Br’s, shotguns, the works. Also you need to remember That the Elites and UNSC are allies now. Which means when they inevitably show up, you will get all the new weapons that had been developed while Chief was gone, and all the favorites from the Covies and UNSC.

I aslso wouldn’t doubt one bit that the covenant will be involved. It will probably be like a 3 way power struggle.

Chief ( with UNSC and Elites) vs Remenants of the Covies vs Ancient Evil.

It would explain why Chief’s ship would be getting destroyed in the trailer. If the ancient evil is inside the sphere, what is attacking them outside? My guess is some considerable time has past and the covies have regrouped. Not as strong as before, but holding together. I dunno…343 has a lot of options. And i think we will find out more from the UNSC and Elite relations in glasslands.

I think this new game sould be just surviving so light fire weapons such as a SMG or pistol would do good. Plus fire weapons would make sence

Sorry to dissapoint you but there is at least 1 human weapon. You saw the grenadelauncher thing in the H4 trailer. That’s a new weapon. Frankie said it in a interview, but I don’t know which it was.