No History of More of the Same

As much as I appreciate everyone’s passion of keeping or removing AAs in Halo 4, it’s a completely moot subject. Halo has always changed from title to title to be different from its predecessor. Halo 2 introduced dual weilding. Halo 3 introduced equipment. Halo Reach brought us AAs. Personaly I’m holding out for something fresh. So why ask for AAs? (P.S. I love AAs in Reach, I just want Halo 4 to be different.)

I want Halo 4 to go back to the roots of H2/3’s game mechanics, implement them. Then evolve from there.

Yeah i know right, People on here almost never suggest new concepts, only look back and want all of their favourite elements from all of the previous Halo games into one, no imagination haha.

> Yeah i know right, People on here almost never suggest new concepts, only look back and want all of their favourite elements from all of the previous Halo games into one, no imagination haha.

Where else could you go from Armor Abilities? I don’t really think much else new can happen.

How about Halo 4 you can pick up different equipments at a time and have different Armor Abilities to chose from? In Halo 4 maybe you could have 5 different Armor Abilities at a time!

Let’s say you can pick up a Grav Lift off the map and then use that when an enemy closes in on you then click on your Invincibility button in mid air after they get some “lucky” shots on you and throw a few grenades, then use your EMP blast + melee for the kill when they are within a foot of you. Sounds great.

If we provide what we saw as bad, 343 will hopefully know never to do something similar in their games. We don’t want to suggest new ideas though because we do still want 343 to have creative freedom, just with a few nudges in the right direction here and there.

> > Yeah i know right, People on here almost never suggest new concepts, only look back and want all of their favourite elements from all of the previous Halo games into one, no imagination haha.
>
> Where else could you go from Armor Abilities? I don’t really think much else new can happen.
>
> How about Halo 4 you can pick up different equipments at a time and have different Armor Abilities to chose from? In Halo 4 maybe you could have 5 different Armor Abilities at a time!
>
> Let’s say you can pick up a Grav Lift off the map and then use that when an enemy closes in on you then click on your Invincibility button in mid air after they get some “lucky” shots on you and throw a few grenades, then use your EMP blast + melee for the kill when they are within a foot of you. Sounds great.

You forgot the /sarcasm at the end.

> > > Yeah i know right, People on here almost never suggest new concepts, only look back and want all of their favourite elements from all of the previous Halo games into one, no imagination haha.
> >
> > Where else could you go from Armor Abilities? I don’t really think much else new can happen.
> >
> > How about Halo 4 you can pick up different equipments at a time and have different Armor Abilities to chose from? In Halo 4 maybe you could have 5 different Armor Abilities at a time!
> >
> > Let’s say you can pick up a Grav Lift off the map and then use that when an enemy closes in on you then click on your Invincibility button in mid air after they get some “lucky” shots on you and throw a few grenades, then use your EMP blast + melee for the kill when they are within a foot of you. Sounds great.
>
> You forgot the /sarcasm at the end.

I’m hoping the average user here can figure it out.

Yup, Halo has always changed from title to title.

Halo CE: 3SK Pistol.
Halo 2: 4SK BR.
Halo 3: 4SK BR without hitscan.
Halo Reach: 5SK DMR with bloom.

More of what the older games had would be nice.

> > Yeah i know right, People on here almost never suggest new concepts, only look back and want all of their favourite elements from all of the previous Halo games into one, no imagination haha.
>
> Where else could you go from Armor Abilities? I don’t really think much else new can happen.
>
> How about Halo 4 you can pick up different equipments at a time and have different Armor Abilities to chose from? In Halo 4 maybe you could have 5 different Armor Abilities at a time!
>
> Let’s say you can pick up a Grav Lift off the map and then use that when an enemy closes in on you then click on your Invincibility button in mid air after they get some “lucky” shots on you and throw a few grenades, then use your EMP blast + melee for the kill when they are within a foot of you. Sounds great.

This is Halo, This is a Sci-Fi shooter, your limitations are non-existant, thats the beauty of Halo, you can create the most un-realistic weapons or scenery yet they are accepted because its sci-fi, you are only limited by your imagination!

I despise AAs, but I’m open to change. I’m all for innovation, just not change for the sake of change.

> I despise AAs, but I’m open to change. I’m all for innovation, just not change for the sake of change.

Yes.

> I despise AAs, but I’m open to change. I’m all for innovation, just not change for the sake of change.

Well I don’t want all that is at core Halo destroyed, I just want something different. Same as all Halos before each other were different. Even ODST which was built on the same eingine as Halo 3 was very different gameplay. I believe 343i will come up with something awesome. So I think people should focus more about improving what we know we’ll have. Campaign mechanics, Fire Fight 3.0, and yes some good multiplayer ideas.

My bigger point is the infighting about AAs has to stop. Without a doubt 343i had an idea what they wanted when they announced Halo 4.

> Yup, Halo has always changed from title to title.
>
> Halo CE: 3SK Pistol.
> Halo 2: 4SK BR.
> Halo 3: 4SK BR without hitscan.
> Halo Reach: 5SK DMR with bloom.
>
> More of what the older games had would be nice.

The problem isn’t projectile weapons as you implied with H3. The CE pistol wasn’t hitscan, and people loved it. With proper netcoding, projectile weapons could work excellently and would simultaneously add another dynamic when it comes to skill and understanding of a weapon.

im with you bro!!!

> I want Halo 4 to go back to the roots of H2/3’s game mechanics, implement them. Then evolve from there.

Im with you bro!!!

> > Yup, Halo has always changed from title to title.
> >
> > Halo CE: 3SK Pistol.
> > Halo 2: 4SK BR.
> > Halo 3: 4SK BR without hitscan.
> > Halo Reach: 5SK DMR with bloom.
> >
> > More of what the older games had would be nice.
>
> The problem isn’t projectile weapons as you implied with H3. The CE pistol wasn’t hitscan, and people loved it. With proper netcoding, projectile weapons could work excellently and would simultaneously add another dynamic when it comes to skill and understanding of a weapon.

I’m guessing you completely ignored the part about the KILL TIMES.

Lol.

> As much as I appreciate everyone’s passion of keeping or removing AAs in Halo 4, it’s a completely moot subject. Halo has always changed from title to title to be different from its predecessor. Halo 2 introduced dual weilding. Halo 3 introduced equipment. Halo Reach brought us AAs. Personaly I’m holding out for something fresh. So why ask for AAs? (P.S. I love AAs in Reach, I just want Halo 4 to be different.)

Wanna eat tacos dont go to wendys, go to tacobell.

Want something different go to another game, let halo be halo.

> > As much as I appreciate everyone’s passion of keeping or removing AAs in Halo 4, it’s a completely moot subject. Halo has always changed from title to title to be different from its predecessor. Halo 2 introduced dual weilding. Halo 3 introduced equipment. Halo Reach brought us AAs. Personaly I’m holding out for something fresh. So why ask for AAs? (P.S. I love AAs in Reach, I just want Halo 4 to be different.)
>
> Wanna eat tacos dont go to wendys, go to tacobell.
>
> Want something different go to another game, let halo be halo.

Reading Fail. You’ll see the change I reference is the same type the occurs between each Title. I want Halo, I’m merely asking for a new flavor.

All of the things that were introduced in Halo 3 and Reach were horrible game-breaking game mechanics that destroyed Halo and make it into a joke.

Not all progress is forward. Loadouts? In my Halo?

What is this, Call of Fruity?

Change is good when kept in pace with the past. Adding stuff for the sake of adding “stuff” is the wrong way to do it.

Delicate things like map balance (HERPPACK), player movement (ACTIVE CAMPO), and the longer battles that Halo is known for (HERPDER LOCK) is thrown out the window like a blind hybrid baby-ape with armor abilities.

Halo is and should always be: Everybody spawns on equal footing. Fight for your advantages. Whether those be power weapons, powerups, or map position.

The soul of Halo in MP is fighting for the game advantages. Strip that away… and you get Reach. You get an incredibly frustrating weapon that can snipe across maps (map balance broken), otherwise known as the DMR, you get grenades that for some reason INSTAKILL me when I still have above 50% shields and full health, and you get jetpacks.

A longtime friend and Halo fan who has been turned off by Reach once summarized Reach as being: “2 weapons and a jetpack”. The two weapons being the DMR and grenades.