No Halo: Reach Health System in Halo 4

Keep it like Halo 2 and 3 please. Health Packs slowed down gameplay.

Don’t Keep, stay like Halo CE… Is better! And for Pros

> Keep it like Halo 2 and 3 please. Health Packs slowed down gameplay.

No it dont slow down gameplay. If you loose health you have too move to get a health pack. Not just camp, loose sheild, recharge, camp. Health packs takes more skill, map controll, and you need to know the map layout.

Nice, this is nice. Knowledge and skill! It’s make the goods good. :slight_smile: Like I see a lot of Legend or better don’t know how use these skills

I think that this is a situation where the community becomes split. Some will want health packs, some won’t. I for one prefer health packs. Plus, the shields do technically count as regenerating health.

But of course, the option to have both is completely out of the question. Reach’s ability to toggle this option is bad for Halo :wink:

No. Slows down gameplay. End of story. It’s about shooting and watching your shields. That one more stupid annoyance that takes away the area FPS experience That Halo 2 and 3 did well.

The Reach system needs to stay.

The way H2 and H3 did it were horrid for game play, encouraged camping, gave me no sense of control over what my Spartan could and could not do.

This system did it the way CE intended, perfectly.

Duel Wielding, no fall damage, and no healthbar/health packs, need to stay out of Halo forever.

They were the worst parts of H2 and H3.

> No. Slows down gameplay. End of story. It’s about shooting and watching your shields. That one more stupid annoyance that takes away the area FPS experience That Halo 2 and 3 did well.

Yup.

> Keep it like Halo 2 and 3 please. Health Packs slowed down gameplay.

Master Chief had a similar suit to Noble Six’s in Halo CE. The armor he has had since Halo 2 is more advanced and doesn’t need health, that’s why it has the regenerating shield. We won’t(or at least shouldn’t) have health in Halo 4. And btw, recharge system is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better for multiplayer.

Give us the option to choose. Independant shield/health modifiers, and health/shield recharge rates, and everyone can play with whatever shield/health system they want.

People who argue whether or not the next Halo should regenerating health are forgetting that the shields do act as regenerating health.

I prefer the Halo 1/Reach system. You know how much permanent damage you have taken and you had control over how quickly it could be regenerated. It also makes you think more strategically in the campaign and even occasionally in multiplayer. Since once your shields are gone you can take permanent. Plus, if there is going to be a utility headshot weapon in Halo 4, I don’t think it will make much of a difference in multiplayer.

I do believe the reason why Halo 1s campaign was harder on Heroic (I am not counting legendary due to Halo 2 have an insane number of sniper jackals), and funner was because you didn’t overpower everything. Even if you could, you would normally lose your shields and in Halo 1 this caused permanent damage.

I like having the dynamic of health and shields. It’s more interesting.

I prefer having a health bar. As people say it makes you move if you lose your health and honestly…Halo just wasn’t the same without it. Not having health felt weird in Halo 2 and 3, I was happy to see it return for Halo Reach and I want it to stay in figure Halo games.

I say let there be health system in Hslo 4. But it doesnnt matter to me.

I’d prefer recharging invisible health, but whatever.

It’s weird with health packs, I loved how the health system and health packs worked in ODST, but could care less in Reach. I’m sort of thinking so long as fall damage doesn’t return, or is very very minimal if it does, I’d be fine I guess.

Also, no fall damage. Master Chief is powerful. I want to feel powerful. Fall damage does not make me feel powerful. ODST and Reach force me to feel weak, which is annoying. Halo isn’t meant to be realistic, so fall damage can stay out.

i disagree. i really like the health system. health and health packs add a LOT of depth, and potential outs to situations where you do things like juke around a corner, pick up a health pack, juke a bit more, then come back with the shields you gained and health you gained from the health pack to turn the tide of the battle. i find this incredibly rewarding. i suppose its also added skill gap in this regard too, which is always a good thing.

this being said, i dont think 1 grenade should be able to kill you when you have full shields and low-ish health, even if its completely red health.

i’d like to see health return.

i’d also like it if health packs restored your shields (starting them charging like in reach) without having to have health missing in order to use them.

in my opinion, if someone has 1 bar of health (like 1 HP), as long as they have over 80% shields, one grenade should not kill them, but remove all of their shields.

if someone has full health, and over 5% shields, 1 grenade should not be able to insta-kill this person either. it should put him at 1 HP.

> Also, no fall damage. Master Chief is powerful. I want to feel powerful. Fall damage does not make me feel powerful. ODST and Reach force me to feel weak, which is annoying. Halo isn’t meant to be realistic, so fall damage can stay out.

it depends on the mechanics. if someone is using jet pack, a 10 foot drop should crush his spine IMO. not because it makes sense, but because jet pack is -Yoink- ridiculous in halo reach.