No Halo 4 Customizable Loadouts!

I was reading over gameinformer the other day (forgot to read the mail), and I noticed that Halo 4’s multiplayer is most likely going to have customizable loadouts. Honestly, I can’t imagine the horror.
One of the great things about Halo Multiplayer is that it is based around skill. Everyone has the same weapon sets on certain classes (AKA nobody spawns with complete power weapons), so it takes real, honest skill (or on occasion lag) to come out on top of somebody who has the same weapons and armor abilities. Customizable loadouts will change all of this.
Lets take an example; Warrant Officer vs. Major Grade 2, often enough in Halo Reach games. It’s Team Slayer, both choose the same loadout, and at one point, encounter each other. The Warrant Officer makes it out after a well placed pistol shot, which is common enough. Now, lets see what customizable loadouts will do to this situation. In Halo 4, the Warrant Officer is stuck with an AR and a pistol, his weapons adhering to his rank, while the Major has a shotgun and a DMR, his weapons likewise matching his level. The two meet on the battlefield, and the Major takes the poor Warrant Officer out from a distance with his DMR. On the other hand, the two see each other while turning a corner. The Major switches to shotgun, and with a clean two shots, destroys the Warrant Officer.
Personally, I don’t want another Call of Duty on my shelf, because this is what Halo 4’s multiplayer is going to be. As I just proved, rank usually doesn’t matter in Halo; all fights are with the ability to use a weapon, no matter what level you are. Just like Call of Duty, Customizable Loadouts will change the battlefield of Halo. The low-levels won’t have the chance to level up if a high-level keeps taking them out WITH THE WEAPON HE SPAWNED WITH. Balance is what set Halo apart from all these other FPS’s out there, and to take that away is to put Halo in with the faceless masses of other multiplayers. I don’t want that to happen. If anybody agrees, then we need to prove it. Leave your opinion, and maybe 343 will see it. Just maybe, we can keep Halo as the great game we all know it as.

This is cOLD

honestly we’ve heard every complaint about this. Trust me everyone has.

You may not like it but it’s there, it was 343’s decision.

I urge you to be patient and wait till you actually try it out. Halo has been a balanced game and i’m sure 343 won’t screw it up right now.

In every Halo game, starting weapons are switched out within 10 seconds of spawning anyway. Eliminating those superfluous 10 seconds is the purpose of customizable loadouts.

I see this is your first post, welcome to Waypoint. But yeah that was the May issue…some people like it, some don’t. I’m not judging anything until I see it on screen. E3 is Monday so I’ll see it then.

Too late…
this happened over a month ago…

You don’t unlock power weapons for matchmaking, and all the main primary weapons (AR, DMR, BR) are unlocked from the start.

Mesa thinks there’s a troll among us. (And, I mean that in it’s proper slang adapted sense.)

If not,
Eugh.
Whatever everyone else said.

Swings and round abouts.

COuld be good could be bad. Let’s wait and see shall we? :slight_smile:

I agree with what you’re saying but what you and many people need to understand is 343 are making decisions that will keep younger audiences interested in playing the game. Gone are the days when classic arena-shooters were number 1. This new generation of players want to invest in their characters and have specifications unique to them. Hence the armor/weapon skins, the customized load-outs, the perk-like system, etc…

I know it sucks but their just trying to keep themselves relevant in a rapidly changing market.

I personally will like starting out with a BR.

If the whole custom loadouts eliminate noobs constantly picking Team ARs over Team BRs/Dmr I’m happy with that change

yes sadly its look like gone are the days of level playing fields, where it was skill and knowledge that let you win a game not luck and level. I would jus like some confirmation on wether there will be classic multiplayer included in the game as well as the new system because i love halo have done for many years now and this is the first game i’ve had second thoughts about buying simply because everything i heard about the multiplayer so far is making me think call of duty. I dont have anything against people who play call of duty its just not my kinda game i like to win or lose based on my efforts not because some dude/dudette gets to spawn with a better weapon/ability than me. I understand 343 want to appeal to more people there a business after all but please 343 dont forget what makes a game great is its fans, so heres to hopeing theres some playists with weapons on the map and the same starting weapons.

> If the whole custom loadouts eliminate noobs constantly picking Team ARs over Team BRs/Dmr I’m happy with that change

since when did not liking a certain weapon make you a noob not everybody likes the BR/DMR some people like the pistol or the needler rifle.

I’m pretty sure you won’t be able to pick a power weapon in your loadout.

> > If the whole custom loadouts eliminate noobs constantly picking Team ARs over Team BRs/Dmr I’m happy with that change
>
> since when did not liking a certain weapon make you a noob not everybody likes the BR/DMR some people like the pistol or the needler rifle.

Actually noobs prefer AR starts because they think it gives them a chance against better players

Custom Loadouts for only Spartan Ops: Acceptable

Custom Loadouts for Multiplayer/War Games as well: Unacceptable!

Just my thoughts.

> I’m pretty sure you won’t be able to pick a power weapon in your loadout.

exactly i agree. if 343i made it to where your a level w/e and you can now use rockets as a primary would just be plain (insert degrading word here)

what do you really expect? I mean honestly? Do you think 343 will read this and suddenly say “hey guys, all those months we put into planning and building loadouts? Yeah screw all that! This guy is onto something!”

They wont be in every playlist so, and I hate to be the one saying this, deal with it

If they make the loadouts like the way they are in call of duty then thats completely unacceptable. although if they make the loadouts to where you can have a BR instead of spawning with an AR or pistol then Im fine with that.

Kessler Kessler Kessler…

This is NOT CoD!