No getting shot out of zooming

I was watching the multiplayer video hosted by MLG and I noticed that getting shot while zooming in with a BR/DMR/Carbine doesn’t kick you out of zooming. I’m a tad annoyed by this since it decreases the amount of skill required to counter someone shooting at you from a distance. I don’t know if the same feature applies to the sniper, but if it does, then say goodbye to no-scoping…

Here’s the vid if you need to see for yourself http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/

I noticed it too when they released the war games video. I was always annoyed when I got shot out of zoom, but even more annoyed when i’m about to get a head shot and the guy gets a lucky hit which sends me out of zoom, and the other guy wins. There is the flip side however, you can stop a sniper from scoping on you…

I like that we can aim and still get shot at.

On one of walshy’s video’s they asked Frankie about that and they said they are still working things out. So this is most likely going to go back to the way it was. When your zoomed in and get shot it will knock you out of zoom.

FINALLY. I’m tired of being zoomed in, get shot at, go to zoom out, then realize I’m stuck in a zoom in - zoom out multi demension where I’m trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

I actually like that you don’t get forced out of zoom. There were countless times where I would be zooming in on someone but then out of the blue, someone completely different disrupts my aiming on the guy I was originally aimed at. It got quite annoying after awhile. I just hope this feature stays in the retail version of the game still.

That means sniping is going to be even more OP then it was in reach… -_-

> That means sniping is going to be even more OP then it was in reach… -_-

As if this feature managed to balance the sniper in Reach? :stuck_out_tongue:
Well, they can still have this function for sniper if they like, as long as they keep the ordinary weapons as they are. Then again, a better way to “nerf” the sniper would be to lower the ammo, fire rate, add bullet drop, sway, recoil or such. Sounds a lot simpler and better, when it comes to nerfing the sniper :wink:

OnT:
Actually, I like it.
If you got a good aim on someone, you shouldn’t be thrown of just because they get a lucky stray bullet hitting you. You should keep that zoom level if you choose to, or at least until you loose your shield.

> I like that we can aim and still get shot at.

You mean you like that they are making it easier.

> That means sniping is going to be even more OP then it was in reach… -_-

As if this feature managed to balance the sniper in Reach? :stuck_out_tongue:
Well, they can still have this function for sniper if they like, as long as they keep the ordinary weapons as they are. Then again, a better way to “nerf” the sniper would be to lower the ammo, fire rate, add bullet drop, sway, recoil or such. Sounds a lot simpler and better, when it comes to nerfing the sniper :wink:

OnT:
Actually, I like it.
If you got a good aim on someone, you shouldn’t be thrown of just because they get a lucky stray bullet hitting you. You should keep that zoom level if you choose to, or at least until you loose your shield.

> FINALLY. I’m tired of being zoomed in, get shot at, go to zoom out, then realize I’m stuck in a zoom in - zoom out multi demension where I’m trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

Although i find this annoying too, learn the YY’ing trick. Its best for unscoping especially with sniper.