No Friendly Fire robs me of kills

Friendly fire needs to be put back.

I understand why it’s gone: There were complaints about griefing, and 343i loves to listen to one complaint, seemingly fix it, and not worry about any of the side effects (much like many of the big environmental companies now).

But friendly fire being off has robbed me of so many kills it’s not even fair. Last night, I was in a 1 v 2. One of the enemies threw a sticky grenade right at his teammate. Instead of becoming one-shot, however, he stayed full shields and I went from getting a potential double kill to getting no kills.

Minutes later, I was fighting in CQC with someone when we both melee’d. Now, we were both one-shot, and he cleaned me up for the kill. But then a wraith shot, which came from his teammate, blasted in and hit him perfectly. In previous Halos, this would have been my kill.

Again, I understand why 343i took it out. There were complaints of griefing and poor grenade throws and accidental betrayals. But 343i failed to look at the other side of the argument: There are people who rely on those poor grenade throws to back them up, to clean up the enemies after they die. It’s nearly the same thing as removing the kill someone gets when an enemy jumps off a cliff.

Please add friendly fire again. Please.

This is a very tough decision on the developer’s part, if everyone played the game like they were supposed to friendly fire would definitely be turned on. But now we live in a society filled with trolls with nothing better to do and this is what happens. I wish friendly fire was turned on, but then again I would have to deal with team mates who drop my shields just to be an annoyance.

> This is a very tough decision on the developer’s part, if everyone played the game like they were supposed to friendly fire would definitely be turned on. But now we live in a society filled with trolls with nothing better to do and this is what happens. I wish friendly fire was turned on, but then again I would have to deal with team mates who drop my shields just to be an annoyance.

How often did that honestly happen to you?

I’ve played thousands of games in Halo 3 and Reach, and the only times I got trolled were when I grabbed a Sniper at the start. I only got trolled in 1 out of 100 games. I didn’t care.

I’m glad they removed it. Well done 343. Please don’t add it back. If they went one better and removed friendly fire against vehicles as well that would make my day.

Both sides have one equal pro and con. I agree with you though, I’ve been fighting so many people, get them to one shot, the rest of the team just flings nades in there and the guy I’m fighting is perfectly fine.

Totally detracts from team play and carefulness.

Friendly Fire has been a staple of Halo. Not having it really removes strategy. I find myself not playing infinity slayer because of it

> > This is a very tough decision on the developer’s part, if everyone played the game like they were supposed to friendly fire would definitely be turned on. But now we live in a society filled with trolls with nothing better to do and this is what happens. I wish friendly fire was turned on, but then again I would have to deal with team mates who drop my shields just to be an annoyance.
>
> How often did that honestly happen to you?
>
> I’ve played thousands of games in Halo 3 and Reach, and the only times I got trolled were when I grabbed a Sniper at the start. I only got trolled in 1 out of 100 games. I didn’t care.

In Reach it happened a fair bit actually, not so much in 3 though.

> Friendly Fire has been a staple of Halo. Not having it really removes strategy. I find myself not playing infinity slayer because of it

If you want strategy remove radar, boltshot and random ordinances.

Thank god its gone, so sick of bad teammates nadeing you or shooting you in the back.

> I’m glad they removed it. Well done 343. Please don’t add it back. If they went one better and removed friendly fire against vehicles as well that would make my day.

That would make mine too.
Plasma overcharge against friendly occupied mantis.

And about shield dropping, it happened all the time in reach. If you grabbed a weapon somebody wanted or yoinked them, whether by accident or on purpose they would follow you around draining your shields to be an annoyance or did everything they could to make the team lose. Friendly fire in some instances is a good thing, but I do wish they’d remove the kill you get if you shoot someone who is falling to their death. Even if you don’t kill them it counts as a kill when they go out of bounds, that is one of the dumbest parts of matchmaking imo. You should only get the kill if you drain their health 100%.

This is an exception, not the rule.

FF MUST remain off.

However, there always could be a “Hardcore” mode with FF enabled.

> > This is a very tough decision on the developer’s part, if everyone played the game like they were supposed to friendly fire would definitely be turned on. But now we live in a society filled with trolls with nothing better to do and this is what happens. I wish friendly fire was turned on, but then again I would have to deal with team mates who drop my shields just to be an annoyance.
>
>
> I’ve played thousands of games in Halo 3 and Reach, and the only times I got trolled were when I grabbed a Sniper at the start. I only got trolled in 1 out of 100 games. I didn’t care.

Well i can assure you in my 9000 games on reach, this was a nuisance problem. From the crying bk who didnt get the sniper to the person you pwnd in the last game who is now on your team or someone you’ve pwn before. And the cause of this more so than previous titles was a lack of competive rank like halo 3 and before the fan boys get on the wagon. People were too scared to loose rank/xp from being booted or not rank up and opted to try and win regardless of who had what power weapon/vehicle and i think that removing friendly fire was certainly not the answer.

But then again what the community fails to see, is that all these “little” things that are being removed or implemented have the same effect and that is…

• Team play and strategy need to go (being cautious of your friendly fire)
  • Being more carefree and casual need to come in.

Nothings goin to change dude, move on…

> I’m glad they removed it. Well done 343. Please don’t add it back. If they went one better and removed friendly fire against vehicles as well that would make my day.

…Care to elaborate?

I understand both sides have one equal pro and con, but does removing it really solve anything? I actually find it more frustrating now that I’m not getting kills I should be getting.

There would be little-to-no griefing in this game, considering random weapon spawns make it extremely difficult to “grab the sniper” or “weapon camp”.

What’s worse: Getting shot by your teammate or having your enemies not get shot by their’s? I find that the latter is much worse, because it’s prevalent in every game of Slayer. Griefing was only prevalent in those rare exceptions in Reach, which as one person mentioned, lacked the competitive feel.

>

You can’t apply your experience to everyone else.

When I switched shifts, I was hardly ever able to pair up with my friends. So I would go in solo, which meant picking up any power weapon was followed by an immediate betrayal. Getting any power vehicle first, immediate betrayal. Yoink someone on accident, immediate betrayal.

See a pattern.

But your complaints about FF being off, are invalid to begin with since you are expecting to be rewarded kills for the enemy teams carelessness.

On that basis, you have no ground to want FF back on.

It doesn’t “rob” you of kills, it just keeps you from getting kills you didn’t earn.