No Forge At Launch Worries Me

(edited again for those who refuse to think critically)

(My point is not that I want forge now. My point is that if forge, a huge element of Halo to thousands now, isn’t ready to ship after three years of development, what else isn’t ready? I’m sick of all of you failing to read and instead deciding to make assumptions and childish insults)

There are three things that define Halo: campaign, multiplayer, and forge. As such, after implementing new features into an installment, working on these three modes should be priority#1. However, with one of the three modes shipping post-launch, wondering what else isn’t ready/quite ready is understandable. Just like Halo: The Master Chief Collection lacking a ranking system at launch, the single fundamental element that binds the fracturing Halo community will be missing from Halo 5: Guardians for upwards to two months after launch. And while campaign and multiplayer taking higher priority is a valid point, one little detail invalidates it: Halo 5: Guardians has been in development for three years now. As such, 343i has had more than enough time to complete the big three modes (especially considering the fact that the game was already delayed once for an entire year). Feel free to refute my points all you want. All I ask is this: think logically and be rational/civilized with your arguments. Thank you.

343 and Microsoft both know halo 5 cant fail and reason forge was delayed so that it will be flawless I doubt its gonna be another MCC

The key thing to remember is that they aren’t putting unfinished content into the game. Rather adding it in when it is finished. So you can -Yoink- and moan all you want, but I’d rather wait a month for a working Forge than get a half–Yoinked!- Forge at launch that crashes as I’m putting the finishing touches on a project I’ve dumped my soul into.

> 2533274934443240;1:
> If a game mode as big as forge is so unfinished that we have to wait up to a month after launch for it, what else isn’t finished? Will Halo 5: Guardians just be another MCC? I hope not. And no matter how fanboyish people are, if Halo 5: Guardians launches broken too, Halo’s screwed. And before you scream “But 343i said the game would work!”, just remember E3 2014.

The fact that they’re waiting until December to add it in is exactly the reason that you should be less worried about what they are shipping. You cite the MCC’s launch fiasco, but they threw everything into one package and obviously tried to launch it with some unfinished stuff. If you experienced MCC’s launch, than you should be all for them adding these features when they are ready.

Why would that worry you? Lol if they have no problem pushing back things like forge or BTB till they feel it’s ready you should rejoice. What would kill them if we got a basic forge now and a patch in December. That would be a slap in the face to the consumers. After MCC trust they arnt rushing anything. And are willing to the take heat for WORST DEV TEAM EVURR lol how dare they push back BTB

> 2551369610327339;4:
> > 2533274934443240;1:
> > If a game mode as big as forge is so unfinished that we have to wait up to a month after launch for it, what else isn’t finished? Will Halo 5: Guardians just be another MCC? I hope not. And no matter how fanboyish people are, if Halo 5: Guardians launches broken too, Halo’s screwed. And before you scream “But 343i said the game would work!”, just remember E3 2014.
>
>
> The fact that they’re waiting until December to add it in is exactly the reason that you should be less worried about what they are shipping. You cite the MCC’s launch fiasco, but they threw everything into one package and obviously tried to launch it with some unfinished stuff. If you experienced MCC’s launch, than you should be all for them adding these features when they are ready.

“Some unfinished stuff”? Some!? It was an alpha build! And as for releasing content as it’s finished, this is forge. That’s like adding in the campaign post-launch! Face it: Halo 5: Guardians will have massive issues at launch.

Mcc was outsourced to multiple companies to do the ports. Everything halo 5 is being internally done by 343i. There is no way its not going to work.

I’m even pretty sure that they have a small dedicated team to work on forge when they used to have certain affinity do it.

> 2533274835305187;5:
> Why would that worry you? Lol if they have no problem pushing back things like forge or BTB till they feel it’s ready you should rejoice. What would kill them if we got a basic forge now and a patch in December. That would be a slap in the face to the consumers. After MCC trust they arnt rushing anything. And are willing to the take heat for WORST DEV TEAM EVURR lol how dare they push back BTB

Because we’re on launch-month yet such a massive element of Halo isn’t even finished yet. Again, what else isn’t done? Will the game crash every second? Will achievements not unlock? Will I lose campaign progress? How is forge not ready?

> 2533274804406181;7:
> Mcc was outsourced to multiple companies to do the ports. Everything halo 5 is being internally done by 343i. There is no way its not going to work.
>
> I’m even pretty sure that they have a small dedicated team to work on forge when they used to have certain affinity do it.

Doesn’t explain why such a huge mode isn’t ready yet.

> 2533274934443240;6:
> > 2551369610327339;4:
> > > 2533274934443240;1:
> > > If a game mode as big as forge is so unfinished that we have to wait up to a month after launch for it, what else isn’t finished? Will Halo 5: Guardians just be another MCC? I hope not. And no matter how fanboyish people are, if Halo 5: Guardians launches broken too, Halo’s screwed. And before you scream “But 343i said the game would work!”, just remember E3 2014.
> >
> >
> > The fact that they’re waiting until December to add it in is exactly the reason that you should be less worried about what they are shipping. You cite the MCC’s launch fiasco, but they threw everything into one package and obviously tried to launch it with some unfinished stuff. If you experienced MCC’s launch, than you should be all for them adding these features when they are ready.
>
>
> “Some unfinished stuff”? Some!? It was an alpha build! And as for releasing content as it’s finished, this is forge. That’s like adding in the campaign post-launch! Face it: Halo 5: Guardians will have massive issues at launch.

I read almost every post on these forums but it’s posts like these that actually force me to log in and post. This^ is an example of someone who either #1 Over thinks way too much, or #2 someone who is mad at life. You are making a post based upon your own weird speculation of a game that you probably couldn’t even develop .1% of, and its progress on the track that you think its not taking. The game will be released in a little over 2 weeks, yet you are forced to draw speculation on the games development. Just because forge is a major aspect of the game to YOU, does not make it an equivalent to campaign for others. Others may hate, or never use forge therefore not care. Point is: quit youre complaining and wait 2 weeks, if you’re so salty at 343, pick a new game.

> 2661949065475413;3:
> The key thing to remember is that they aren’t putting unfinished content into the game. Rather adding it in when it is finished. So you can -Yoink- and moan all you want, but I’d rather wait a month for a working Forge than get a half–Yoinked!- Forge at launch that crashes as I’m putting the finishing touches on a project I’ve dumped my soul into.

Yeah, OP doesn’t seem to realize that the reason Forge isn’t finished yet is because 343 has been dedicating their time to making everything else work. It’s not like nothing is finished, it’s more like this one mode isn’t finished because they were working so hard to finish the rest in time for launch.

Before, people were pissed at 343 for releasing a broken game, now they’re pissed because 343 is waiting until certain parts of the game are actually finished before releasing them. I don’t understand. Do people really want Forge available at launch at the risk of it probably being broken and taking much longer to fix via patches than it would take to just hold back from launch to finish it in-house before releasing it?

If aspects of the game are unfinished but you want the game to launch on time, you can’t have it both ways. You can’t expect to have everything available to you immediately and be working perfectly. I would much rather wait a little while for a perfect Forge mode than have 343 try to cram in some half-working piece of crap just to have it available at launch.

Delaying Forge was a much better idea than delaying the the whole game. I can live without Forge for now, but I need Campaign and Warzone inside me, pronto.

What I don’t understand is how when something is released on release date and it is broken, the community starts flaming how the release date should have been pushed to a later date, but when it is announced, that that something is released on a later date to ensure a stable product then that too is some what negatively received.
Bruh.

> 2533274810150284;11:
> > 2661949065475413;3:
> > The key thing to remember is that they aren’t putting unfinished content into the game. Rather adding it in when it is finished. So you can -Yoink- and moan all you want, but I’d rather wait a month for a working Forge than get a half–Yoinked!- Forge at launch that crashes as I’m putting the finishing touches on a project I’ve dumped my soul into.
>
>
> Yeah, OP doesn’t seem to realize that the reason Forge isn’t finished yet is because 343 has been dedicating their time to making everything else work. It’s not like nothing is finished, it’s more like this one mode isn’t finished because they were working so hard to finish the rest in time for launch.
>
> Before, people were pissed at 343 for releasing a broken game, now they’re pissed because 343 is waiting until certain parts of the game are actually finished before releasing them. I don’t understand. Do people really want Forge available at launch at the risk of it probably being broken and taking much longer to fix via patches than it would take to just hold back from launch to finish it in-house before releasing it?
>
> If aspects of the game are unfinished but you want the game to launch on time, you can’t have it both ways. You can’t expect to have everything available to you immediately and be working perfectly. I would much rather wait a little while for a perfect Forge mode than have 343 try to cram in some half-working piece of crap just to have it available at launch.
>
> Delaying Forge was a much better idea than delaying the the whole game. I can live without Forge for now, but I need Campaign and Warzone inside me, pronto.

Do you work for 343i?

> 2533274934443240;13:
> > 2533274810150284;11:
> > > 2661949065475413;3:
> > > The key thing to remember is that they aren’t putting unfinished content into the game. Rather adding it in when it is finished. So you can -Yoink- and moan all you want, but I’d rather wait a month for a working Forge than get a half–Yoinked!- Forge at launch that crashes as I’m putting the finishing touches on a project I’ve dumped my soul into.
> >
> >
> > Yeah, OP doesn’t seem to realize that the reason Forge isn’t finished yet is because 343 has been dedicating their time to making everything else work. It’s not like nothing is finished, it’s more like this one mode isn’t finished because they were working so hard to finish the rest in time for launch.
> >
> > Before, people were pissed at 343 for releasing a broken game, now they’re pissed because 343 is waiting until certain parts of the game are actually finished before releasing them. I don’t understand. Do people really want Forge available at launch at the risk of it probably being broken and taking much longer to fix via patches than it would take to just hold back from launch to finish it in-house before releasing it?
> >
> > If aspects of the game are unfinished but you want the game to launch on time, you can’t have it both ways. You can’t expect to have everything available to you immediately and be working perfectly. I would much rather wait a little while for a perfect Forge mode than have 343 try to cram in some half-working piece of crap just to have it available at launch.
> >
> > Delaying Forge was a much better idea than delaying the the whole game. I can live without Forge for now, but I need Campaign and Warzone inside me, pronto.
>
>
> Do you work for 343i?

Thread Locked senses are tingling. We’ve got another troll junkie over here. Wait the 2 weeks and stop thinking that your opinion is all that matters. Forge is a big deal to you, obviously its too big of one.

> 2533274925159248;12:
> What I don’t understand is how when something is released on release date and it is broken, the community starts flaming how the release date should have been pushed to a later date, but when it is announced, that that something is released on a later date to ensure a stable product then that too is some what negatively received.
> Bruh.

Can you not read? How the hell can forge, of all modes, not be ready? What were they doing all this time?

> 2533274934443240;1:
> If a game mode as big as forge is so unfinished that we have to wait up to a month after launch for it, what else isn’t finished? Will Halo 5: Guardians just be another MCC? I hope not. And no matter how fanboyish people are, if Halo 5: Guardians launches broken too, Halo’s screwed. And before you scream “But 343i said the game would work!”, just remember E3 2014.

Difference between the two is this.

Halo MCC had over 15 years worth of code from two different systems thrown on to the One, all were upscaled, multiple engines, multiple forges, over 100 maps, 4 campaigns, 5 different multiplayers, and all of this was made to run on a master UI.

Halo 5 is a single game with only one campaign, a beta tested multiplayer, we’ll over a year to make changes based on feedback from the community, and all of this is on one engine and one UI.

Forge is being delayed because they would rather work out all the bugs before they release it and have backlash. After MCC, you should be happy that 343 is actually delaying something that needs more work rather than shipping it in an unfinished state.

Take off your tinfoil hat and calm the -Yoink- down.

> 2533274867621668;14:
> > 2533274934443240;13:
> > > 2533274810150284;11:
> > > > 2661949065475413;3:
> > > > The key thing to remember is that they aren’t putting unfinished content into the game. Rather adding it in when it is finished. So you can -Yoink- and moan all you want, but I’d rather wait a month for a working Forge than get a half–Yoinked!- Forge at launch that crashes as I’m putting the finishing touches on a project I’ve dumped my soul into.
> > >
> > >
> > > Yeah, OP doesn’t seem to realize that the reason Forge isn’t finished yet is because 343 has been dedicating their time to making everything else work. It’s not like nothing is finished, it’s more like this one mode isn’t finished because they were working so hard to finish the rest in time for launch.
> > >
> > > Before, people were pissed at 343 for releasing a broken game, now they’re pissed because 343 is waiting until certain parts of the game are actually finished before releasing them. I don’t understand. Do people really want Forge available at launch at the risk of it probably being broken and taking much longer to fix via patches than it would take to just hold back from launch to finish it in-house before releasing it?
> > >
> > > If aspects of the game are unfinished but you want the game to launch on time, you can’t have it both ways. You can’t expect to have everything available to you immediately and be working perfectly. I would much rather wait a little while for a perfect Forge mode than have 343 try to cram in some half-working piece of crap just to have it available at launch.
> > >
> > > Delaying Forge was a much better idea than delaying the the whole game. I can live without Forge for now, but I need Campaign and Warzone inside me, pronto.
> >
> >
> > Do you work for 343i?
>
>
> Thread Locked senses are tingling. We’ve got another troll junkie over here. Wait the 2 weeks and stop thinking that your opinion is all that matters. Forge is a big deal to you, obviously its too big of one.

“Troll”? Please. Again: forge being incomplete is like campaign being incomplete. Halo 5: Guardians has been in development since 2013. Now, only weeks away, a mode like forge not being ready is very troubling. Campaign, multiplayer, and forge. Three modes that make Halo Halo. If any of these aren’t ready for launch, it’s only telling of the launch state of the game. Am I a troll? Or am I just observant?

this is another disturbing thing games companies are doing now “it’s not ready it will release after launch” why has that become a thing? where have we heard that before? halo 4 ranks, remember that 6 months later they released ranks which was the worst ranking system i’ve ever played

> 2533274934443240;15:
> > 2533274925159248;12:
> > What I don’t understand is how when something is released on release date and it is broken, the community starts flaming how the release date should have been pushed to a later date, but when it is announced, that that something is released on a later date to ensure a stable product then that too is some what negatively received.
> > Bruh.
>
>
> Can you not read? How the hell can forge, of all modes, not be ready? What were they doing all this time?

Working on the campaign and everything else. You think they sat around with their thumbs up their -Yoink- or something?

> 2533274934443240;15:
> > 2533274925159248;12:
> > What I don’t understand is how when something is released on release date and it is broken, the community starts flaming how the release date should have been pushed to a later date, but when it is announced, that that something is released on a later date to ensure a stable product then that too is some what negatively received.
> > Bruh.
>
>
> Can you not read? How the hell can forge, of all modes, not be ready? What were they doing all this time?

Man you’re one ignorant bloke, probably focusing on the campaign which is the biggest campaign ever? Warzone which is the BIGGEST multiplayer space ever made?
Arena which is going back to the roots? 1000+ REQ’s. etc. I think forge is like on the bottom of their priority list, open your eyes and stop being such a cynical child like 90% of the community.