No feasible way of playing DLC Maps!?

Why are there no DLC playlists?!?
I have all of the DLC, yet I have no way to play them since any DLC playlists have been removed.
The only way to play them, it seems (the same way as the other halo games) is to join a group of players who all have purchased the DLC and hope that a DLC map is offered.
It’s strange how the current Halo game is offering extended play time through map packs, with achievements allocated to certain maps, and not giving the customers the ability to play what they have bought.
For I have been playing ricochet almost non stop for the last few days when I’ve been on the Xbox, and I haven’t had even a choice for either of the DLC maps which came with the bullseye map pack. In the description for this map pack (on the xbox)it says it comes with ricochet.
For this means that either 343 is now allowing non-DLC owners to play ricochet (which is part of a DLC) or they are not giving the option of the DLC maps to the players?

Please give your opinions on this subject or if something I have stated here is wrong.

all the dlc is available its just that not that many people have it.

party up with folks?

> Why are there no DLC playlists?!?
> I have all of the DLC, yet I have no way to play them since any DLC playlists have been removed.
> The only way to play them, it seems (the same way as the other halo games) is to join a group of players who all have purchased the DLC and hope that a DLC map is offered.
> It’s strange how the current Halo game is offering extended play time through map packs, with achievements allocated to certain maps, and not giving the customers the ability to play what they have bought.
> For I have been playing ricochet almost non stop for the last few days when I’ve been on the Xbox, and I haven’t had even a choice for either of the DLC maps which came with the bullseye map pack. <mark>In the description for this map pack (on the xbox)it says it comes with ricochet.</mark>
> <mark>For this means that either 343 is now allowing non-DLC owners to play ricochet (which is part of a DLC) or they are not giving the option of the DLC maps to the players?</mark>
>
> Please give your opinions on this subject or if something I have stated here is wrong.

The map pack situation was the same for Halo 2, 3 and Reach (until Bungie made most of Halo 3’s playlists require all DLC). All it takes is for 1 person in the lobby to not have the DLC for it not to show as a voting option.

To answer the part I highlighted, Ricochet was only exclusive to the Champions DLC for 2 weeks. After that it was made available to everyone, regardless of whether they had the DLC or not. This was mentioned numerous time BEFORE and after the DLC was released. The Ricochet gametype didn’t come with the DLC, since gametypes cannot be done this way. Gametypes are stored on the matchmaking server where they can be swapped out, removed and adjusted as and when 343 feel the need to do so.

DLC only playlists are not too big of an ask. 343 will listen if we keep expressing this issue.

Yes please, give us a DLC playlist ASAP!

I have them all and I have not even seen most of the new maps.

I have never played on Pitfall or Vertigo (I think it’s called that. Wouldn’t know. >.<). This saddens me immensely. Please add a DLC playlist. Either that, or Title Update in a matchmaking preference ‘Players with Same DLC’ or somesuch.

> all the dlc is available its just that not that many people have it.
>
> party up with folks?

And if one person you party up with doesn’t have the maps, then what? Same goes for the opposite team or any randoms that come along.

> I have never played on Pitfall or Vertigo (I think it’s called that. Wouldn’t know. >.<). This saddens me immensely. Please add a DLC playlist. Either that, or Title Update in a matchmaking preference ‘Players with Same DLC’ or somesuch.

Your second suggestion is brilliant.

I COMPLETELY AGREE with the people who say that there SHOULD be a playlist called DLC MAPS.

However my suggestion is that they make a (and isn’t this original)

CRIMSON… MAJESTIC… CASTLE… and CHAMPIONS

Game-type area in matchmaking where people could select ANY TYPE of game that does not have lobby requirements of 16 people. So basically max 10 players.

That way the people who don’t feel the need to support 343i beyond the basic game and buy the DLC can have ALL THE OTHER game-type lobbies and the people who did spend almost $100 dollars on all the DLC’s can get to play the effing maps they want and have paid for.

This is such a stupidly simple idea that I am confounded that 343i did not see this becoming a problem. I tried today for 3 GD HOURS, and left about a thousand matches once the maps were shown because THEY WERE the SAME 6 (and I’m being way generous there cause it was more like a total of 4) maps the entire time across the top 10 game-types.

Why did 343i even MAKE the DLC and charge people for it if the only time you ever get to play in the DLC maps are when they are first released??? This is NOT making me want to purchase more things from 343i… that is FOR SURE!!! NOW when I get a DLC map it just pisses me off because I know I won’t be able to play in it again for another MONTH! (that’s about how regularly I see DLC)

FIX it already you guys at 343i… IT’S not MARKETING YOUR PRODUCTS VERY WELL!!!

Still love ya though!
CMBZ1

Go into playlists that feature the DLC maps. They show up occasionally.

For a better chance of playing on the DLC, party up with folks and head into the Matchmaking playlists together.

> DLC only playlists are not too big of an ask. 343 will listen if we keep expressing this issue.

Yeah, I guess we can keep dreaming.

This thing pisses me off as well but I think 343/MS don’t care at this point since the game pop is at an all time low.

343i does know there is an issue. And they did try a solution.

They made Team Slayer require Majestic DLC for a couple of weeks to see if requirements are a good way to get DLC across.
The population tanked and took a long time to start to build back up.

Requirements are out of the picture.

The problem with Playlists is that you need two of them, since the maps are so different in size. This would result in very low population in each playlist, and would counteract 343i’s consolidation attempts. You would have horrible skill matching and maybe horrible wait times for games, as well as a possibility for higher lag chances.

The population just doesn’t support it. Though, I am all for them testing this out for a couple weeks. But I’m expecting more of what I described above.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> I COMPLETELY AGREE with the people who say that there SHOULD be a playlist called DLC MAPS.
>
> However my suggestion is that they make a (and isn’t this original)
>
> CRIMSON… MAJESTIC… CASTLE… and CHAMPIONS
>
> Game-type area in matchmaking where people could select ANY TYPE of game that does not have lobby requirements of 16 people. So basically max 10 players.
>
> That way the people who don’t feel the need to support 343i beyond the basic game and buy the DLC can have ALL THE OTHER game-type lobbies and the people who did spend almost $100 dollars on all the DLC’s can get to play the effing maps they want and have paid for.
>
> This is such a stupidly simple idea that I am confounded that 343i did not see this becoming a problem. I tried today for 3 GD HOURS, and left about a thousand matches once the maps were shown because THEY WERE the SAME 6 (and I’m being way generous there cause it was more like a total of 4) maps the entire time across the top 10 game-types.
>
> Why did 343i even MAKE the DLC and charge people for it if the only time you ever get to play in the DLC maps are when they are first released??? This is NOT making me want to purchase more things from 343i… that is FOR SURE!!! NOW when I get a DLC map it just pisses me off because I know I won’t be able to play in it again for another MONTH! (that’s about how regularly I see DLC)
>
> FIX it already you guys at 343i… IT’S not MARKETING YOUR PRODUCTS VERY WELL!!!
>
> Still love ya though!
> CMBZ1

yea. I won’t be buying another 343 product ever again… I really enjoyed Halo 4, but I spent 30-50 dollars on DlC maps presuming that i would be able to play them online, and with ease. I have seen only a few… These days if you wanna play halo 4 you are gonna be playing Abandon, Haven, or Adrift. Bigteam? Ragnorok, Meltdown, and Longbow. There are sometimes rare maps thrown in, but only after you’ve been bored to death by playing Abandon 5 billion times…on pro… Dont get me wrong, they are great maps, but I want what i paid for. For chirsts sake 343, I want my money back man… I bought a product from you and you never delivered it. … I am completely mind blown by how deeply you’ve F’d everyone in the A with this DlC bull S.

The only last resort for this problem is this:

Go to the playlist section on HaloWayPoint.com and see which playlist has the most DLC content in it.

Then go to that playlist in the game itself. After you’ve played one match on that playlist, wait for the next voting round. If the DLC map packs doesn’t show up, just press B to return to the lobby, then select the same playlist again (or you can select another playlist BUT MAKE SURE that the DLC contents shows up the most on that playlist) wait and see if the DLC pops up or not. Sometimes if you lucky, you’ll get the chance to see the DLC content shows up on start, just make sure that you spam that vote button for that particular map.

Sometimes this work and sometimes it doesn’t. The reason why you should do this is to allow the server to re-filter you with other players who actually bought the DLC contents. It worked on me apparently and so far I’ve played Dominion on DLC such as Outcast and Shatter plus 3 Team Slayer matches on Skyline!

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

I bought all of the DLC two weeks ago so that I could play the maps in matchmaking. I haven’t even seen one of the new maps during a vote yet. This is absolutely -Yoinking!- insane… so far seeming like one of the absolute worst purchases I’ve ever made in gaming. They need to either give us a playlist so we can at least run around in slayer or something and enjoy the maps aesthetically(god forbid they let us pick what gametype we want to play on the new maps too) or give us our -Yoinking!- money back. I mean wtf is wrong with these people?? CAN I GET AN AMEN?!

Everyone bug them on twitter :slight_smile:

They will respond to you, and I think that if enough people ask them about adding a new DLC playlist, and taking out Team Throwdown which nobody even plays, eventually they might start considering it

Their twitter name is @HaloWaypoint

A dlc only playlist is coming in january, got announced on monday (343 day).

My suggestion is to make a search preference option, instead of making dlc required playlists. One simple button that searches for games on dlc maps first, before any vanilla maps. Ive played halo all week this week, and a DLC map came up for vote ONCE, on BTB and people voted for ragnarok instead lmao

when you look on the current map rotations, pitfall and vertigo are on all playlists except BTB… But ive still never played either in matchmaking… Its broken, and i put it down to how few people bought DLC is the problem. 343 should admit how they failed, and give out all DLC free for a month as a promotion, or even better as a mandatory update! So everyone owns all maps. But seens goty edition cane out recently, i doubt they would do it.

There should be a permanent DLC requirement for team slayer (2 map packs that apply) and Big Team (both map packs that apply). These are the most popular game modes and will be just fine on population (and probably better long term with a better more varied product).

Of course a temporary requirement wont do anything but make people mad.

You have to look a step further, what did people do about it. They waited for the ‘temporary’ requirement to go away. Permanent requirements would make them support the game they play or move on.

It’s just really too bad b/c the same maps over and over get so old (for the cheap people and the people that support the game).

Honestly, I know people create these hate posts and these give me my money back posts. I’m not going to do that. I will, however, state that I’m starting to truthfully lose faith in 343.

Will I buy Halo 5? Yes, absolutely. So I wont bother with the idle threats that I’ll never play again. But I will say I truly feel cheated and am losing confidence. I’m a patient guy so I imagine I’m not the only one.

If you don’t want to do the best solution I mentioned above… then simply make a DLC playlist that is always there. Rotate it between Team 4v4 (maps that apply) and BTB (Maps that apply). Just 1 playlist that is always there.

343:

Isn’t there some way to prioritize playlist to group players w/ DLC vs those who don’t?

I shouldn’t have to expect to team up with other DLC owners just to be able to experience them.

Since we paid for them, shouldn’t we expect to be able to play them?

I shouldn’t have to expect a DLC explicit playlist either…

There’s great BTB DLC maps available for but they never show up. ever. The experience is becoming stagnant.

If you do something about this, I’m sure you’ll see some form of user retention. More maps is a good thing. Having access to paid content is great… I imagine.

How about offering them at a discount to see if it stimulates interest?

I love playing, but my biggest complaint about the game is that I never ever get to play the DLC maps. When Halo 5 comes out, what incentive do we have to buy the map packs? It should be a no brainer, but I hesitate. I have reservations.

BTW: bring back BTB to Halo Anniversary. How are we supposed to play headlong?

At this point in halo 4 there was no point for me to spend my money on the halo 4 dlc if we don’t even have a playlist to experience them on. I haven’t played on a dlc map in almost 3 months because of no map pack playlist. 343 should add a dlc matchmaking playlist ASAP!