No excuse for no playable Elites.

One of the highest requested features to bring back and still being ignored. The assets are there from the gameplay. What the hell has 343 been doing the past five years if they can’t even include this?

I’m really glad I’m not in the minority when it comes to this topic. Elites have always been my favorite sci-fi creature/monster and playing as them was always a favorite. Maybe 343 will hear the community on this and potentially make plans to add them in the future.

I do not remember Elites ever being even close to the majority in the games they were in. I get it is requested, but how many people who play this game actually care about that feature? They can be added in the future, but the problem is hit boxes in competitive play. Custom games are the only logical play they will be used in and for launch that doesn’t matter as much.

No playable elite really ? It’s like they don’t listen

> 2533274792737987;3:
> I do not remember Elites ever being even close to the majority in the games they were in. I get it is requested, but how many people who play this game actually care about that feature? They can be added in the future, but the problem is hit boxes in competitive play. Custom games are the only logical play they will be used in and for launch that doesn’t matter as much.

I assume this is directed at me? Okay, maybe not 90% of the population cares deeply about playable elites but after a 45 min video discussing things about the game this is the most talked about part of the video. The community DOES care about this feature and it is highly requested and has been since 343 took over.

> 2533274793908725;5:
> > 2533274792737987;3:
> > I do not remember Elites ever being even close to the majority in the games they were in. I get it is requested, but how many people who play this game actually care about that feature? They can be added in the future, but the problem is hit boxes in competitive play. Custom games are the only logical play they will be used in and for launch that doesn’t matter as much.
>
> I assume this is directed at me? Okay, maybe not 90% of the population cares deeply about playable elites but after a 45 min video discussing things about the game this is the most talked about part of the video. The community DOES care about this feature and it is highly requested and has been since 343 took over.

Why focus on something that was widely not used and annoyed people in game modes like Swat? They probably have data on it via MCC. Adding Elites would be a neat touch for Customs, but they need to launch a great game first. Adding Elites to Infinite is a complementary feature.

You also are ignoring the problem it would have with their cosmetic plans.

> 2533274793908725;5:
> > 2533274792737987;3:
> > I do not remember Elites ever being even close to the majority in the games they were in. I get it is requested, but how many people who play this game actually care about that feature? They can be added in the future, but the problem is hit boxes in competitive play. Custom games are the only logical play they will be used in and for launch that doesn’t matter as much.
>
> I assume this is directed at me? Okay, maybe not 90% of the population cares deeply about playable elites but after a 45 min video discussing things about the game this is the most talked about part of the video. The community DOES care about this feature and it is highly requested and has been since 343 took over.

I mean 343 literally change everything about halo. To the color of plasma, to floaty forerunner bits, to a random upgrade for chief armor in halo 4, to the removal of classic game mode and the creation of a mod just to sell cards in halo wars 2. 343 as always change stuff the way they want. Some where good yes. But a lot where very wrong and removing elite is one of them. The talk on youtube and during streams are huge.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Why listen to your community when you can pretend your listening and really do everything wrong all over again. “1 step forward 2 steps back” -343i business model

> 2533274792737987;6:
> > 2533274793908725;5:
> > > 2533274792737987;3:
> > > I do not remember Elites ever being even close to the majority in the games they were in. I get it is requested, but how many people who play this game actually care about that feature? They can be added in the future, but the problem is hit boxes in competitive play. Custom games are the only logical play they will be used in and for launch that doesn’t matter as much.
> >
> > I assume this is directed at me? Okay, maybe not 90% of the population cares deeply about playable elites but after a 45 min video discussing things about the game this is the most talked about part of the video. The community DOES care about this feature and it is highly requested and has been since 343 took over.
>
> Why focus on something that was widely not used and annoyed people in game modes like Swat? They probably have data on it via MCC. Adding Elites would be a neat touch for Customs, but they need to launch a great game first. Adding Elites to Infinite is a complementary feature. You also are ignoring the problem it would have with their cosmetic plans.

I imagine a solution such as using Spartans only for ranked play while social games such as super fiesta etc could include the elite models. Besides, it has been proven time and time and time again the hit boxes are the same. What cosmetic plans are you referring to? Shaders wouldn’t be applied to elite armor the same as Spartan armor? 343 doesn’t want to capitalize on selling elite armors as well? We all know there will be a store function similar to call of duty or fortnite. Lastly, back in the halo 3 days there was lots of elites being used in multiplayer. I’m not sure why you want infinite to have less features and less things the community has asked for, but whatever.

> 2533274793908725;9:
> > 2533274792737987;6:
> > > 2533274793908725;5:
> > > > 2533274792737987;3:
> > > > I do not remember Elites ever being even close to the majority in the games they were in. I get it is requested, but how many people who play this game actually care about that feature? They can be added in the future, but the problem is hit boxes in competitive play. Custom games are the only logical play they will be used in and for launch that doesn’t matter as much.
> > >
> > > I assume this is directed at me? Okay, maybe not 90% of the population cares deeply about playable elites but after a 45 min video discussing things about the game this is the most talked about part of the video. The community DOES care about this feature and it is highly requested and has been since 343 took over.
> >
> > Why focus on something that was widely not used and annoyed people in game modes like Swat? They probably have data on it via MCC. Adding Elites would be a neat touch for Customs, but they need to launch a great game first. Adding Elites to Infinite is a complementary feature. You also are ignoring the problem it would have with their cosmetic plans.
>
> I imagine a solution such as using Spartans only for ranked play while social games such as super fiesta etc could include the elite models. Besides, it has been proven time and time and time again the hit boxes are the same. What cosmetic plans are you referring to? Shaders wouldn’t be applied to elite armor the same as Spartan armor? 343 doesn’t want to capitalize on selling elite armors as well? We all know there will be a store function similar to call of duty or fortnite. Lastly, back in the halo 3 days there was lots of elites being used in multiplayer. I’m not sure why you want infinite to have less features and less things the community has asked for, but whatever.

Why sell Elite armor when the minority will buy it and therefore make less money on a less appealing product? I don’t get this fascination on Elites. Everyone I ever played with hated them and would never with as them. The games during the Halo 3 and Reach era expressed that as well with the far minority playing as them. In MCC barely anyone plays as them and very very rarely do I get into a game with 2 Elites on either team. Why would they waste launch production on something the minority uses? They can add it after launch for customs and social game modes.

I was hoping for an asymmetrical gametype or 2, or more, featuring different player models. Ala Halo Reach Invasion mode, or an infection gamemode that actually lets you play as a flood combat forms. But going off what I have heard about Infinite so far I get the impression it’s going to be a hub platform for new Halo releases over the next 10 years. Halo Infinite will be for new games what the MCC is for the old games. At least that is my impression. I could envision a new campaign being released in the future, with an Elite protagonist, maybe the Arbiter, and along with it coming playable elites for Halo Infinite Multiplayer.

This is what I get for even getting mildly positive feelings about a game that hasn’t even been released yet.
I give up on keeping up with Halo Infinite news. I would like to believe playable Elites in MP will be added later on but 343 will probably charge for it. Ridiculous.
If they could at least be honest about why they can’t include basic features despite being aware of what the player base wants for years, that’d be something. The development hell they’re going through is probably the reason, but that doesn’t leave me optimistic about the whole thing.

In the gameplay reveal from july 2020 the elites looked like they are equal in size and bodyform to a spartan but at least we got a confirmation. Really disappointed.

It seems people forget that this game is supposed to be a live service game with a 10 year plan. Regardless of what you might think of that plan, I wouldn’t doubt they have a list of community requested items and features like classic weapons or playable elites. I’m not trying to shill for 343 but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt from what we have all seen so far.

We’ll probably see them some time in the future

The 10 years plan is a bad idea, the game is stuck in dev hell, the track record of 343 worries me, MCC got a bunch of cool new -Yoink- for Spartans, Elites got no -Yoink-, PC still doesn’t have split screen, no playable elites is the last stray for me, I was hoping for the return of elites and the debue of brutes, concidering it’s the banished, they’re an even bigger deal now, but nope. At least the engine pushes good graphics…

They say no playable Elites and they say this is because it’s Master Chief’s story…that makes no sense since Halo game modes are not all story focused.
Playable Elites were playable in Reach in PVP and yet they weren’t playable in campaign so the Ask343i video didn’t make any sense.
Plus claiming it’s just a Spartan related only makes less sense since the Spartans trained with Elites and that’s how they trained and the balance excuse makes no sense.

Feel free to use the dedicated thread linked below.