No Epic one liners

In all the other Halo games Chief had all those badass one liners that always got my heart racing. I would always quote him. While i know its a small thing it was sad to see none of these in this game. Just the one funny “on occasion” line but it wasnt that cool. Did anyone else notice this?

bump

There weren’t bad–Yoink- ones (and I love bad–Yoink-), but the tone of the game is the reasoning for this, and it is DAMN GOOD reasoning! It is very deep. :smiley:

My heart lurches when he says, “She said that to me once… About being a machine.”

> There weren’t bad–Yoink!- ones (and I love bad–Yoink!-), but the tone of the game is the reasoning for this, and it is DAMN GOOD reasoning! :smiley:
>
> My heart lurches when he says, “She said that to me once… About being a machine.”

I see what you saying but they could have kept him as a badass and made him sympathetic. I feel like it was a pretty swift character change from being this tough badass to crying over cortana. It was fine I just with we had a couple “Sir, finishing this fight” to this day i say that anytime someone asks me what im doing

deleted post

> Mrs Palmer delivers them big time in Spartan ops lol, epicness of good/bad lines (depends on your taste)

its not the same haha

If you payed any attention to what the developers said about how they made this game, you would know that badassness wouldn’t really fit this game. Master Chief had kinda gotten used to being that awesome hero who never failed, and in this game, he was faced against something that overwhelmed him and put him in a very tense position, so I have to agree with what’s been said before; the machine quote. Although, I do get what you’re saying, it just wouldn’t fit tho

I can think of one

-Lasky “… you any good at clearing LZs?”

-Chief “On occasion.”

Cortana says

Well isent he just a ball of sunshine!

When you meet a knight for the first time… First time i have ever laughed in a halo game… They way her tone of voice was… Just funny.

My favourite line from Halo 4, is Dr. Halsey telling off the rowdier crowd of SPARTAN-IVs who are disrespectful and not very Spartan-like…

“First, we taught them to be silent. Then, we taught them to be Spartans.”

The look on Palmer’s face… She SO deserved it, as did the other two male Spartans.