No elites, no love?

It seems as though elites are being shunned, and for no good reason to be honest. The classic gametypes have been released to the public for custom games before the current Anniversary playlists existed. However, for a custom game mode to dis include elites was a little mean to players such as I, but I prevailed by thinking of the gametypes in matchmaking that were to be online soon.

The matchmaking gametypes have disappointed me. They offer no room for elites. Not even a toggle for custom games. This has brought up the question, If elites in MM date back to Halo 2, why can’t I play in one in these classic playlists?. Hopefully I can get this answered with some hopeful insight with what 343i plans to do with elites in MM.

Thanks.

> It seems as though elites are being shunned, because they have faster movement, faster and more comprehensive health regeneration, a larger hitbox, and their shields are noticeably stronger than Spartans.

Fixed.

Reach actually differentiated Elites, whereas they had the same stats and hitbox (which led to some bizarre situations) in Halo 3. In Reach, they’re blocked because they’re more powerful.

> > It seems as though elites are being shunned, because they have faster movement, faster and more comprehensive health regeneration, a larger hitbox, and their shields are noticeably stronger than Spartans.
>
> Fixed.
>
> Reach actually differentiated Elites, whereas they had the same stats and hitbox (which led to some bizarre situations) in Halo 3. In Reach, they’re blocked because they’re more powerful.

The only notice is the size of the head. Which is now like a spartans and offers a fair model instead of Halo 2 and 3’s hunchback. I have tested shield strength and hitboxes and they are the same. If they are different, they do not impose a problem that is able to be noticed in testing, or combat for that matter. And besides, even if elites are at a disadvantage, I would honestly enjoy being an easy target in this case.

> I have tested shield strength

As have I. Four Plasma Pistol shots to de-shield an Elite in Matchmaking; for a Spartan, only three.

> and hitboxes and they are the same.

You’re not understanding what I meant.

In Halo 3, the Spartan and Elite hitboxes were the same as each other and matched up to the Spartan visual model. This meant that the Elite’s “head”, in terms of gameplay, was not perfectly matched with its visual head; hence the Elite’s popularity in SWAT. This also meant that small parts of the Elite were non-solid, including part of its throat.

In Reach, the hitboxes match with their respective visual models but not with each other. The two models are different for gameplay.

> If they are different, they do not impose a problem that is able to be noticed in testing, or combat for that matter.

Then I really must question the thoroughness of your testing.

> And besides, even if elites are at a disadvantage, I would honestly enjoy being an easy target in this case.

Elites are at an advantage.

I have retested my previous experiments. It seems that my original data was unreliable and totally different. However with the TU I believe that damage settings can be changed. However the hitbox data is still true. Which means that no worrying over that should be expected.

> I have retested my previous experiments. It seems that my original data was unreliable and totally different. However with the TU I believe that damage settings can be changed. However the hitbox data is still true. Which means that no worrying over that should be expected.

It would be interesting to see a TU change that equalized movement and damage stats between Elites and Spartans on a per-gametype basis. If the hitbox thing is deemed to be minor, that could make inclusion of the former in Matchmaking as plausible as it was in Halo 3.

Not sure if it can be done, though.

Elites in Halo 2 looked more humanoid than alien, but then slowly developed over Halo 3 and Halo Wars into the huge alien beasts. make them closer to what they were in Halo 2. Although I’m not an elite, it would be nice to kill more of em :slight_smile: