No Dedicated Servers? Peak Time Patches?

Hello everyone who still stuck around (couldn’t imagine many people left). I’d like to address two things if I may.

What’s happened since release I feel is nothing. Happens to the best of them! It really does. However what I’m really concerned about is

1. A blatant lie we’ve been told, or so it would certainly seem. Where are our Dedicated Servers? P2P? Why? How does Peer to Peer even start to sound good on title like these? IT’S A SHOOTER. There must be as little latency between the host and you. Under 100ms on ping preferred.

2. What in the world gives 343 the bright idea that they should release the patch during Peak Gaming Hours? Weather you do or not, statistically in the USA Prime time is after work/school/winding down for bed. For others it’s then too, but also all day long. However for the majority, that is not the case.

Suggestions -

• Patch EARLY in the day. Early or late morning for Seattle is still morning, or early afternoon for EST (Covers the nation in a more pleasant manor)

• Explain to the Community why we don’t, or where the Dedicated Servers are. Keep us updated.

• Gain knowledge on good, non-lag policies, enforce region lock if needed or at least give a choice to lock to own region.

Have you collected any data relating to servers. They use p2p servers as back up, which is in need now because ms has been having server issues. Relax

> 2738349416301667;2:
> Have you collected any data relating to servers. They use p2p servers as back up, which is in need now because ms has been having server issues. Relax

You haven’t. No troll dude. Constructive replies only please.

You should really read updates from the developer before spouting off at the mouth. There are dedicated servers. P2P is a backup. As for patching during “peak gaming hours”, why would you want them to wait a second longer than necessary to fix the game? It’s barely playable!

Wow toxic. I did read them, most of my questions on the topic still stand. Less hateful remarks, and more “English” perception. Just because they said that doesn’t excuse all the questions.

Toxic? Hateful? Get real, man.
You are accusing them of Lying because they promised dedicated servers and they are not working. There is no basis to your accusation.
The patch is due out this afternoon PST. Are you suggesting that they wait 12 hours until tomorrow morning to fix the game? That is ridiculous. I really don’t even understand your point here. It typically takes less than 5 minutes to download and install and update. Isn’t waiting 5 minutes worth it if the patch makes the experience better?

So to recap, here were your suggestions:

1. Patch EARLY in the day.
    That is ridiculous and does not represent the feelings of the community.

2. Explain to the Community why we don’t, or where the Dedicated Servers are.
    They have: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=138727444&postcount=278

3. Gain knowledge on good, non-lag policies, enforce region lock if needed or at least give a choice to lock to own region.
    I don’t know why you think that they don’t have knowledge of these things.

Are you really complaining about what time the patch is coming? This has to be a troll post. Give the crying a rest please.

You are completely and utterly rediculous. You have no info to back any of your senseless accusations. So you troll for what purpose… No life huh?

Are you ignorant or just plain dumb

He has a point. I should have every right to only play with people from my own country. This is what made Reach unplayable half the time. Mexicans ending up with host and screwing the rest of the lobby. Not to mention the completely unintelligent way hosts were selected in past games. Yes, we have a party of 3 for 4 player co-op, so the one random guy from Mexico we get matched with should end up with host. I spent more time in black screens trying to play multi-team some days than actually playing multi-team. Host should never be given to people who quit constantly. I don’t care what kind of connection they have! Also, have they said if Spartan Ops gets the dedicated servers too when the time comes? I doubt it.

> 2533275006665083;10:
> He has a point. I should have every right to only play with people from my own country. This is what made Reach unplayable half the time. Mexicans ending up with host and screwing the rest of the lobby. Not to mention the completely unintelligent way hosts were selected in past games. Yes, we have a party of 3 for 4 player co-op, so the one random guy from Mexico we get matched with should end up with host. I spent more time in black screens trying to play multi-team some days than actually playing multi-team. Host should never be given to people who quit constantly. I don’t care what kind of connection they have! Also, have they said if Spartan Ops gets the dedicated servers too when the time comes? I doubt it.

Yes, I understand that, but once the game is fixed (by the patch he wants to delay 12 hours), we SHOULD be playing on dedicated servers, so latency to a foreign host will be a non-issue.

Wow. Please give me 30 seconds of my life back for reading that awful dumb troll post. There ARE dedicated servers, wtf are you even talking about dude?

The OP obviously doesn’t read the 343i updates lol

I remember reading that the P2P is just a fall back till they can fix the MP issues and get the dedicated severs up and running 100%

get your facts straight.

Nice! I’ve seem to have entered the part of the internet where people can’t read, and have subpar social interaction skills.

I read the dev posts. I saw what they did. I’m asking for the real reason. Not the excuse they gave us. If you knew anything about how connections work you would know that P2P is a lot less friendly than Dedicated in multiple facets.

I never said patch 12 hours later, I said in the morning. So earlier. The patch was 1.5gigs. If you download that in 5 minutes you must have Fiber Optic, or be living right next to their servers… Servers on a typical standard don’t allow more than 3 - 3.5 mbps not matter your connection, sometimes it will jump up however normally settling in said parameters. Yes some depending on the type of connection you have, the area you live in, and the server you’re connecting to may go faster, however the above is typical for the USA.

Putting it at the ‘high average’, that’s about an hour to download 1.5gig. Just in case you honestly want to hang onto your complex, here. www.conversioncenter.net/bandwidth

Next time you decide to call someone stupid, or names, just because you don’t understand what ‘They’ or even what ‘You’ are talking about… just keep to yourself.
Thanks.