No Custom Games in Theater

Every Custom Game I play doesn’t show up in theater mode. It’s as if I never even played any custom games. I don’t know how I’m supposed to record anything other than ‘sik 360 noskopes’ in arena.

I’ve seen threads with similar issue, but they were old and unresolved. I’ve found no solutions to this anywhere.

Bump. I’m kinda stuck here.

This isn’t a bug to my knowledge, just an unfortunate oversight.

Well something has to have bugged out. I saw one of my custom games in the theaters history. It gave me an error when I tried to load it, but it was a custom game nonetheless. Either it existing is a bug or none of my other custom game recordings existing is.

> 2533274837280699;4:
> Well something has to have bugged out. I saw one of my custom games in the theaters history. It gave me an error when I tried to load it, but it was a custom game nonetheless. Either it existing is a bug or none of my other custom game recordings existing is.

Yeah… Unfortunately I don’t think 343i knows how to make theater mode work consistently. Theater mode in the MCC still has major issues with freezing and despite there being a slot for films in fileshare they either forgot or don’t know how to allow you to save films in the MCC. This is really poor quality. Hopefully somebody gets on making a patch at some point.

I get the same issue. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

@fertile01 Was the custom game also on a custom map?
I ask because I have noticed recent game films do not exist for any games on my custom maps. 343i forged maps and custom games do appear.
Game films are an invaluable tool for Forgers to trouble shoot their map creations.
I ask that 343i correct this oversight and include in Recent games, all films from all custom content.

My conclusion is that custom games only show up in theatre with official maps. Custom maps and they won’t show. :c

I’m having the same issue. Never thought I’d say MCC was done better in any way but 5’s theater mode is a joke.

> 2533274828927456;8:
> My conclusion is that custom games only show up in theatre with official maps. Custom maps and they won’t show. :c

One thing I really want to do is go in theater outside of Truth. This has been done on Youtube using a teleporter. For some reason, the custom games clip doesn’t appear. Is this a bug only for some people?

> 2533274828927456;8:
> My conclusion is that custom games only show up in theatre with official maps. Custom maps and they won’t show. :c

SERIOUS UPDATE!!!

I somehow got four custom games that work to show up in Theater when I was testing a running start spawn.

I’ve no idea how or why because I’ve played another custom game which hasn’t shown up.

The exact details are
Map: Parallex that’s been forged on with the Ascension (or whatever it is) skybox.
Gamemode: Team Slayer
Gametype: Custom Halo 3 remake of my own creation

I hoping the trick wasn’t the gametype has to NOT have Machinima turned on, as that’s the only way to lower weapons.

I’ll be back.

CONFIRMED!

THIS HAS NOW BEEN FIXED TO WORK ON CUSTOM FORGE MAPS WITH CUSTOM MAPS WITH MACHINIMA TURNED ON TO LOWER WEAPONS!

LET’S GO MACHINIMATE!

Honestly they do need to fix this in an update.