no credits for completing custom challenges

Hi, This is my first post. I made custom challenges and I completed them all, I waited until the hours ran out, but I didn’t get any credits. Does anyone perhaps know why? Thanks.

First off welcome to the fourm’s.

second i think it takes a day or two after the timer runs out? i could be wrong but thats what i think.

Something is not working correctly with them today, has happened to multiple people.

I have the same problem too, I must have had the credits, like 6 hours ago.

i know what the heck is going on? they made these so why are they taking it away from us?

> Hi, This is my first post. I made custom challenges and I completed them all, I waited until the hours ran out, but I didn’t get any credits. Does anyone perhaps know why? Thanks.

I’m seeing the same thing. I have about 70K cR that should have posted between 11PM and midnight but none of them did.

They just say “Completed” instead of “First Place” as they normally do. Who knows if they’ll ever get posted, and even if they do it’s too late for them to post on yesterday’s total so if they post now they’re going to put me 70K toward hitting the credit cap for today (it’s after midnight here).

Speaking of which, we were told over a month ago that the cap would be raised with the Dec title update, and here it is a month later and still no increase. sigh

The reason is simple: 343 broke something.

You get the credits assuming you complete it when the time runs out. for example, you set it to 100 kills and 3 hours(shortest time you can give it) you do it in 45 minutes, you still need to wait till the 3 hours are over

second, theres an issue going on. BS Angel knows about it as she has seen some forum posts about it. they will fix it dont worry.

> You get the credits assuming you complete it when the time runs out. for example, you set it to 100 kills and 3 hours(shortest time you can give it) you do it in 45 minutes, you still need to wait till the 3 hours are over

We know this. Please don’t treat us like we’re idiots.

> second, theres an issue going on. BS Angel knows about it as she has seen some forum posts about it.

Then why hasn’t she posted something about it?

> they will fix it dont worry.

I don’t share your confidence. They haven’t raised the credit cap like they promised and it’s been a month.

Furthermore, even if they get this fixed and my completed challenge credits post I’m still screwed. I set up all my custom challenges to complete between 11PM and midnight so they don’t cause me to hit the credit cap earlier, then I don’t play during that hour. These should have posted yesterday. If they post today they’ll put me 70K cR toward the 120K cap, effectively costing me 70K credits since I should have been able to earn 120K credits today after these posted, but now I’ll only be able to earn another 50K today.

And if they don’t get it fixed soon it will be pointless for me since I’m currently about 403K cR from Inheritor, I should be 327K according to my calculations, but then this happened.

At one time I was really excited about Halo 4. Given all the problems I’ve seen from 343 at this point I think I’ll being buying a used copy of Halo 4 on eBay, and only if it gets good reviews. If it has a lot of problems I won’t be spending my money on it.

> We know this. Please don’t treat us like we’re idiots.

im not saying anyone is an idiot, and im not going to assume his level of knowledge. also vast majority of the ppl i see on reach dont even know what custom challenges are, that i run into at least. he even said first post so i have no idea how much he actually knows about them

> second, theres an issue going on. BS Angel knows about it as she has seen some forum posts about it.

Then why hasn’t she posted something about it?{/quote]

they dont alwyas post here even if they are following it. she said that in the weekly

> they will fix it dont worry.

I don’t share your confidence. They haven’t raised the credit cap like they promised and it’s been a month.
[/quote]
they haven’t? =/

> I’m currently about 403K cR from Inheritor

congrats in advanced on hitting Inheritor

> they haven’t? =/

Nope. To make matters worse, hitting the cap freezes ALL commendation progress.

But eh, I play the game anyway.

> they dont alwyas post here even if they are following it. she said that in the weekly

That doesn’t answer the question, which is why don’t they tell us something when there’s a problem? We’re customers, and keeping us in the dark is a poor way to treat customers.

> > I don’t share your confidence. They haven’t raised the credit cap like they promised and it’s been a month.
>
> they haven’t? =/

Nope, still 120K. I hit it almost every day lately.

> congrats in advanced on hitting Inheritor

Thanks. I’ve been really pushing lately to get it finished off so I’m pretty frustrated by this latest issue.

> That doesn’t answer the question, which is why don’t they tell us something when there’s a problem? We’re customers, and keeping us in the dark is a poor way to treat customers.

ahh i see your point. well only thing i can think of is it started happening yesterday so maybe they are just trying to fix it asap? as long as i actually get the credits once they are up and running its somewhat alright by me xD

> ahh i see your point. well only thing i can think of is it started happening yesterday so maybe they are just trying to fix it asap?

If they’ve seen people commenting about the problem they should say something about it so we’re not left to wonder and speculate. If they’re working to fix it ASAP they can make an announcement to that effect. At the very least that way people know they’re aware of the problem and working on a solution. This business of remaining silent and leaving us to wonder and speculate just isn’t respectful of their customers.

> as long as i actually get the credits once they are up and running its somewhat alright by me xD

Well, obviously the minimum is to get them working again, but a lot of us use custom challenges to get around the credit cap, which for the record we wouldn’t need to do if they’d raised in as they promised to do.

Anyway, I set up all my challenges during the day to end between 11PM and midnight. That gives me a 23-hour window to play during which only the credits from the games I play count toward the credit cap. (And no, I don’t play 23 hours a day. :wink:

I don’t play between 11PM and midnight so my custom challenges can post during that period and count even if I’ve hit the credit cap that day. The strategy relies on them posting when their times expire. Yesterday, instead of earning about 190K cR I got 120K cR, and the other 70K are in limbo. If they post during the day today they’ll count against my 120K, which effectively wastes them. Yes, technically I’ll get them, but since they’ll replace 70K cR I would have earned today from playing the end result is that my credit total will not reflect them.

The lack of information is a pattern, not an anomaly. They’ve yet to make any kind of official statement about the delay in raising the credit cap, and it’s been a month since is was supposed to go up. That’s very unprofessional, as is suspending my account without a reason, which they’ve done, presumably because I’ve been critical of them. Recently I got this message when I tried to check the forums:

“Suspended
Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:18:27 PM.”

No reason was ever given. This is all I ever got about it.

I don’t seem to be getting credits for finishing challenges either. Mine also says “completed” - and I was nowhere near the cap.

Any explanation?

> I don’t seem to be getting credits for finishing challenges either. Mine also says “completed” - and I was nowhere near the cap.
>
> Any explanation?

None has been given. I even wonder if we’ll get one…

Now…every custom challenge is experiencing this issue? It’s just not the campaign ones? I’m really curious.

> …
> Now…every custom challenge is experiencing this issue? It’s just not the campaign ones? I’m really curious.

It’s not just campaign custom challenges. I hit this issue today with custom challenges in matchmaking.

> It’s not just campaign custom challenges. I hit this issue today with custom challenges in matchmaking.

Had a feeling that’s what was happening. Just wasn’t sure…

Well, let’s see if 343 fixes this, along with the cR cap.

> Well, let’s see if 343 fixes this, along with the cR cap.

Well, they haven’t raised the cap in a month and this has been going on for about a day now without comment so it’s a reasonable question.

i did a bunch of custom campaign challenges last night that expired before midnight, all of them say completed on my challenges history but i have gotten zero cR. hopefully i get them, i don’t want to have wasted my time playing for cR if they don’t even post to my account.