no cortana

Cortana’s dead keep it that way

No.

Yes, keep her dead. Halo 4’s ending is meaningless otherwise.

I agree that maybe she shouldn’t return to Chief for until the end of Halo 5 atleast, but I don’t think she should or will be be axed out of the picture for good.

At most she could be apart of the chiefs memories in flashbacks or something. There is so much more going on in the halo universe than cortana

She should stay dead, Otherwise all of John’s development in Halo 4 would be meaningless.

> Cortana’s dead

I’m sorry, but do you have any official proof of that?

Considering she was still alive after her chip was destroyed, she could still very well be out there.

Their are much bigger things in the Halo universe then just Cortana. 343i should emphasize more on chief and the current events and hopefully not make this into another sappy love story.

> Their are much bigger things in the Halo universe then just Cortana. 343i should emphasize more on chief and the current events and hopefully not make this into another sappy love story.

I agree that the writers are maybe a little focused too much on character development over events, but I still don’t think Cortana should be finished off yet. I feel like the Halo 4 ending just didn’t tie loose ends regarding Cortana’s fate.

I feel like chief should except that she’s gone before she comes back.

> > Cortana’s dead
>
> I’m sorry, but do you have any official proof of that?
>
> Considering she was still alive after her chip was destroyed, she could still very well be out there.

Epilogue:

> After the destruction of New Phoenix, and the death of Cortana, Master Chief must carry on.

Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide (link)

> Cortana would ultimately perish, sacrificing her life to stop this new enemy

Also Cortana doesn’t need the chip to be alive, it is just a storage device

The Mantle’s Approach was nuked and Requiem went into a star, she’s dead

In an episode of SPOPS, it was shown that some of the digitized memories form New Phoenix were successfully converted to Promethean “brains.” It may be possible that Cortana was able to download herself with them. Or maybe she is dead and I just can’t accept it.

While instantly bringing her back would certainly destroy the development of the Master Chief in Halo 4, her physical evolution is far more than critical to the story…

As we learned in Halo 4, Cortana was a result of direct intervention from the Librarian through geas. And with that direct intervention, this made the Didact show large interest in her.

“Is this the secret you’ve kept from me? This… evolved ancilla? I sense your malfunctioning companion, Human. And yet, she eludes me.”

It is clear that Cortana’s rampancy was for more dynamic than the normal kind, it is even stated by Halsey through a Pseudo Terminal that

“The interesting factor here isn’t that H-1 disabled the viral termination code I implanted in her matrix. These metrics imply its success wasn’t just unlikely, but that even the accepted seven-year life cycle estimates may not apply. Thus far, I’ve determined that the unique circumstances of her creation have triggered what I can only refer to as a recessive variant in the AI seed. As her architect, I’m currently at a loss as to the origin of this rogue element. Very…curious.”

And with the possibility of Metastability, that’s where 05-32 Mendicant Bias comes into the picture…

Cortana was imprisoned by a Gravemind, so was Mendicant (indirectly). When Mendicant defected to the Flood, it allowed him to achieve metastability. Since Mendicant Bias is indeed buried beneath the sands of the Ark, that is what we saw in the Halo 5 (Halo X1) Trailer.

The Master Chief is searching for the Contender-Class AI. After all, we know that Mendicant Bias seeks to assist the humans in the “reclaimation”

“And so here at the end of my life, I do once again betray a former master. The path ahead is fraught with peril. But I will do all I can to keep it stable - keep you safe. I’m not so foolish to think this will absolve me of my sins. One life hardly balances billions.”

With the current fate of Cortana, who was imprisoned by a gravemind, who could have even defected to the flood… Who could have even became the Human’s version of 05-032 Mendicant Bias…

Cortana is the most advanced artificial intelligence created by humans, so was Mendicant (for the Forerunners).

Cortana was imprisoned by a gravemind, so was Mendicant (in some form).

Cortana went rampant and was fragmented before disappearing, so did Mendicant…

Cortana will defect to the Flood, just as Mendicant did…

Halo 5 will be very (very) dark…

Cortana is not dead. I don’t think she’ll be back in the picture til the last Halo involving MC. Because if she does return in H5 then yes H4 ending would be meaningless. But we haven’t seen the last of our favorite blue lady

> > Cortana’s dead
>
> I’m sorry, but do you have any official proof of that?
>
> Considering she was still alive after her chip was destroyed, she could still very well be out there.

That the vessel that supported her consciousness–Didact’s ship–went up in flames, Cortana even says that she was out of power, and that the in-game description for the epilogue is “after the death of Cortana…” I’d say she’s dead.

Cortana can’t die because she is made of data.
She is still alive until all pieces of data are destroyed.

But think she will return halo 6 thanks to some forerunner construct.
Somewhat cliche.

> Cortana’s dead keep it that way

Yes, that’s exactly what I’ve been saying, a death is meaningless if the person just comes back, and I feel like her death will play a major role in 5 and will cause Chief to get really mad.

> Cortana can’t die because she is made of data.
> She is still alive until all pieces of data are destroyed.
>
> But think she will return halo 6 thanks to some forerunner construct.
> Somewhat cliche.

Did you not catch her saying she kept most of herself on the Didact’s ship, which was obliterated, and only kept enough of herself around to save Chief? He data was destroyed and 343i said so twice.

> Cortana stuff.

Best theory I’ve heard so far regarding Cortana, the past track record of AIs and the Gravemind, and the fact 343i said the next installments would be very dark…

This could make it interesting. But I still feel like I don’t want her to be “fully there”…just remnant fragments or some such. Not the full fledged Cortana everybody seems to love so dearly to death. Flashbacks or memories Chief has of her would of course be totally acceptable by all means and a very useful means of stimulating emotional/personal growth in the Chief.

But I kinda dunno how I feel about them bringing her all the way back, so to speak. No matter who or what she is or works with or is a part of. I think it would be more tragic if she had been mostly lost but what was left was fragmented, damaged, split and shattered and working with the Gravemind.

Honestly I don’t knooow. I don’t know what I want for Cortana…not sure how to feel. I just don’t want her “death” in Halo 4 to be made a meaningless waste. Her “life” was spent - not wasted. Chief knows the importance in the difference. I don’t mind if she is fully dead and doesn’t come back at all! In any way shape or form(flashbacks not included here, they are a useful writing tool if used properly). I really just don’t want her sacrifice to be wasted. That’s all I want.

Yes, it’s the shame Master Chief is on his own and Cortana is already gone.