NO CODE IN NEW COPY

Just picked up a new copy and I was looking for the anniversary code for the new maps in Halo: Reach but there wasn’t one inside the case.

So I put in the disc and it does have the maps but it only has the new maps, but I want to play the maps on the reach disc, The manual says it should come with a code inside the box but it didn’t.

Please help!! :frowning:

First of try going to the retailer you bought it from and asking for a replacement (if you bought it from a physical store)
If not try going through here

If you bought online hopefully it was from a reputably seller like amazon and maybe they will send you a replacement but you will have to send the copy you have now back.

hope this helps!

This is where you should go

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us?xr=footnav

Thanks!

But I got a copy from In sotre but it wasn’t factory sealed, it was the shops own custom seal if you know what I mean but it was labeled as a “new” game :S.

> Thanks!
>
> But I got a copy from In sotre but it wasn’t factory sealed, it was the shops own custom seal if you know what I mean but it was labeled as a “new” game :S.

I’m assuming you bought this from Gamestop?
If It is, then that’s the problem I have with them.

Because a game is NOT considered “new” once they remove the Original Shrink Wrapping and/or seal from the case.

Watch this guy’s video to see what I’m referring to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMG1o5KAmJo

> Thanks!
>
> But I got a copy from In sotre but it wasn’t factory sealed, it was the shops own custom seal if you know what I mean but it was labeled as a “new” game :S.

if you paid for a new copy, i go back and complain. they should be able to exchange it for a copy that is factory sealed. Or maybe you ask them to have the employee that stole it return it to you.

Not sure, but I think you only get the codes for the avatar armor, skull, and maps if you get a new copy with the shiny cardboard cover thing. It notes on the cover box that the game comes with the codes.

> > Thanks!
> >
> > But I got a copy from In sotre but it wasn’t factory sealed, it was the shops own custom seal if you know what I mean but it was labeled as a “new” game :S.
>
> I’m assuming you bought this from Gamestop?
> If It is, then that’s the problem I have with them.
>
> Because a game is NOT considered “new” once they remove the Original Shrink Wrapping and/or seal from the case.
>
> Watch this guy’s video to see what I’m referring to
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMG1o5KAmJo

Yeah, I was aware of what GAME does ( Gamestop ) Because they open the new games than put the discs and manuals in their " storage cupboards ", And I knew it came with a code for the maps, So I asked the clerk " Does it come with a seperate code for the anniversary maps? " and he said " Yes ", If he said no I wouldn’t of bought it otherwise, It was £25 in store ( £22 on their own website for a new copy wtf? ) so I bought it, got home and bam, no code.

Might go back and complain that I was mis-sold a product under false pretenses.

> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > But I got a copy from In sotre but it wasn’t factory sealed, it was the shops own custom seal if you know what I mean but it was labeled as a “new” game :S.
> >
> > I’m assuming you bought this from Gamestop?
> > If It is, then that’s the problem I have with them.
> >
> > Because a game is NOT considered “new” once they remove the Original Shrink Wrapping and/or seal from the case.
> >
> > Watch this guy’s video to see what I’m referring to
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMG1o5KAmJo
>
> Yeah, I was aware of what GAME does ( Gamestop ) Because they open the new games than put the discs and manuals in their " storage cupboards ", And I knew it came with a code for the maps, So I asked the clerk " Does it come with a seperate code for the anniversary maps? " and he said " Yes ", If he said no I wouldn’t of bought it otherwise, It was £25 in store ( £22 on their own website for a new copy wtf? ) so I bought it, got home and bam, no code.
>
> Might go back and complain that I was mis-sold a product under false pretenses.

Go complain to them.

To be honest, I really don’t like Gamestop’s attitude. They are screwing us over every time. When I went to Gamestop to purchase my Anniversary, the price was $42.99 and I was like, 'Why do I have to pay an additional $2 when the game is $39.99?" Plus, they SHOULDN’T be altering the game case. Whether It’s the Shrink Wrap or additional stuff that’s on the game, Gamestop should NOT even touch It and slap in a sticker saying “NEW” when the original shrink wrap is removed by an Employee. That should count as a “USED” game.

When you go back to Gamestop, tell them to give you another code for FREE. Why? Because you already paid for this code and you shouldn’t pay for another exact copy.

My Gamestop has some awesome workers they are always nice to me, you should go and politely explain the issue to them they should be able to give you a replacement if not try another store nearby or speak to their manger and explain the situation. If you still have no luck then use the MS link i posted above they should send you a replacement code.

> My Gamestop has some awesome workers they are always nice to me, you should go and politely explain the issue to them they should be able to give you a replacement if not try another store nearby or speak to their manger and explain the situation. If you still have no luck then use the MS link i posted above they should send you a replacement code.

Contacted Xbox support, did my best by I couldn’t get them to give me a code :frowning: they kept deffering me to my retailer but I can’t get a hold of their call center, i’ll try monday, getting kind of rediculous, they should of just had the DLC on the anniversary disc, as In you would have one DLC download per disc that you could claim, Seperate codes on cards always cause problems. ( for me anyway. ).

I know this won’t help in your situation, but just one piece of advice for the future:

NEVER, EVER BUY A GAME WITHOUT THE ORIGINAL SHRINK WRAPPER STILL ON IT.
If you do, you might as well walk into a store with a gigantic neon sign on your head reading, “I forfeit all my rights as customer.” Because try as you might, you will NEVER be able to prove that there was anything missing from the box unless you check the contents right then and there at the counter in front of an employee.

It’s even worse in case of GameStop and other stores who remove the disc, manual, etc. from the box and place it in their storage cupboard. If the disc became scratched and you take it home, you can never prove that the disc was already scratched at the time of purchase. Again, you do have to check it right there at the counter, and if at all possible, right in front of an employee.

> I know this won’t help in your situation, but just one piece of advice for the future:
>
> NEVER, EVER BUY A GAME WITHOUT THE ORIGINAL SHRINK WRAPPER STILL ON IT.
> If you do, you might as well walk into a store with a gigantic neon sign on your head reading, “I forfeit all my rights as customer.” Because try as you might, you will NEVER be able to prove that there was anything missing from the box unless you check the contents right then and there at the counter in front of an employee.
>
> It’s even worse in case of GameStop and other stores who remove the disc, manual, etc. from the box and place it in their storage cupboard. If the disc became scratched and you take it home, you can never prove that the disc was already scratched at the time of purchase. Again, you do have to check it right there at the counter, and if at all possible, right in front of an employee.

This is what Gamestop tends to do with ‘NEW’ games. Once those new games come in, they remove the Shrink Wrap and slap in a sticker saying “NEW”.

When you go to Gamestop to buy a “NEW” game, complain why the Shrink Wrap was removed. You cannot accept a game when the Original Shrink Wrap was removed, especially If there are codes in it.

> Just picked up a new copy and I was looking for the anniversary code for the new maps in Halo: Reach but there wasn’t one inside the case.
>
> So I put in the disc and it does have the maps but it only has the new maps, but I want to play the maps on the reach disc, The manual says it should come with a code inside the box but it didn’t.
>
> Please help!! :frowning:

if you got it from gamestop id take it back,maybe even throw it at there faces and ask for a refund…kinda like what i did with ufc 2010

> > My Gamestop has some awesome workers they are always nice to me, you should go and politely explain the issue to them they should be able to give you a replacement if not try another store nearby or speak to their manger and explain the situation. If you still have no luck then use the MS link i posted above they should send you a replacement code.
>
> Contacted Xbox support, did my best by I couldn’t get them to give me a code :frowning: they kept deffering me to my retailer but I can’t get a hold of their call center, i’ll try monday, getting kind of rediculous, they should of just had the DLC on the anniversary disc, as In you would have one DLC download per disc that you could claim, Seperate codes on cards always cause problems. ( for me anyway. ).

Microsoft were never going to just say;

“Hey sorry about the mix up, here’s a code for the maps.:)”

Let me put it this way, you might know that you are telling the truth and being honest, but Microsoft doesn’t!

I mean, I could just ring them up and say “Hey where’s my code!?”, even though I already have one.
Thats why Microsoft will never help you.

What tends to happen in stores is that, they remove the disc and manual (and other stuff) so that they can put the case on the shelf for you to see (so that if someone steels the case, it has no game). Personaly I don’t have an issue with this.
If you buy a game like this, you need to check that everything is in the box before you leave the store otherwise they can just say that you are lying and you removed it. Thats why Microsoft doesn’t help you.

Personaly, I buy online from the stores website or Amazon.
Why?
Because the website doesn’t need to use the game case for display purposes and so your copy of the game sits in a box in a warehouse until they ship it to you.