No code for me... Ever.

I’m posting this on my phone, so I apologize if anything messes up. I won’t be getting my specialization codes due to my contact email (which hasn’t existed for years and I was unaware that I needed to change it to my hotmail when I changed my live account over to it) being unchangeable. In short I don’t get a code promised to me because Microsoft has a failure for a redundancy system, and 343 lacks any form of common sense. Before you tell me I can change it, I can’t. I haven’t owned a working computer in months, and the site will not let me change my contact email on my phone. Terrible promo is terrible.

xbox has as an Internet Browser too, try it.

> I’m posting this on my phone, so I apologize if anything messes up. I won’t be getting my specialization codes due to my contact email (which hasn’t existed for years and I was unaware that I needed to change it to my hotmail when I changed my live account over to it) being unchangeable. In short I don’t get a code promised to me because Microsoft has a failure for a redundancy system, and 343 lacks any form of common sense. Before you tell me I can change it, I can’t. I haven’t owned a working computer in months, and the site will not let me change my contact email on my phone. Terrible promo is terrible.

How is that at all their fault? You should keep your email updated yo…

It’s not his fault because 343 should have known to sent it to the sign-in email.

Seriously, a 3 year old could have figured out that an email that everyone is GUARANTEED to use would have been better than an old contact email (which the option to change is hidden away on xbox.com)

> > I’m posting this on my phone, so I apologize if anything messes up. I won’t be getting my specialization codes due to my contact email (which hasn’t existed for years and I was unaware that I needed to change it to my hotmail when I changed my live account over to it) being unchangeable. In short I don’t get a code promised to me because Microsoft has a failure for a redundancy system, and 343 lacks any form of common sense. Before you tell me I can change it, I can’t. I haven’t owned a working computer in months, and the site will not let me change my contact email on my phone. Terrible promo is terrible.
>
> How is that at all their fault? You should keep your email updated yo…

I changed my account’s email to my hotmail. I was unaware that I also needed to change my contact email from an email that hasn’t been in use for years. All my information, except for my contact email points to my hotmail.com. It was 343 that decided to use this email address and not notify anyone. Not the one connected directly to my account. Did you know they were using your contact email over the one linked to your live account?

its called contact email for a reason. your fault. lock thread

Yeah, it was pretty clear in all the stuff I read that it was going to be the contact email. Besides, the sign in email I use is old and I don’t use it anymore. My contact email is my regular one, so it makes sense…

Why would you change your accounts email and not the contact email as well, instead leaving it as something you haven’t used in years and probably can’t access. Sorry man but I don’t think they did anything wrong this time…

> its called contact email for a reason. your fault. lock thread

I don’t think it is necessarily his fault. Sending a code via email is a bad choice in the first place when they simply could have unlocked it through the game when reaching the milestone.

The fact that Xbox Live didn’t require him to create a new hotmail account before pulling this junk is also a really big flaw on both 343i and Microsoft’s side.

Please use this thread to discuss the Specializations email topic:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst148869_Halo-4-Specializations-Email.aspx

I guess I’m the only one at fault then. 343’s brilliant planned promo, with no faults at all, just flew over my head. Lock this thread, obviously this system is flawless and I’m just an idiot.