No Classic BTB at Launch Confirmed

Confirmed on neogaf and teambeyond.

So basically just like “ranks coming soon” for MCC that came 6 months later.

This happens because we allow it to happen.

I’m cool with that. Warzone’s cooler.

Link?

I don’t mind… I’ll try warzone and if I don’t like it I’ll stick to arena only for a while. Also 343 can better measure what ppl prefer and will likely shape BTB after it.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

> 2533274808479006;1:
> Confirmed on neogaf and teambeyond.
>
> So basically just like “ranks coming soon” for MCC that came 6 months later.
>
> This happens because we allow it to happen.

Yes, how dare we allow them to actually spend quality time making sure things actually work properly, are balanced, and are worthy of being fully implemented. Shame on us.

> 2533274907934539;6:
> > 2533274808479006;1:
> > Confirmed on neogaf and teambeyond.
> >
> > So basically just like “ranks coming soon” for MCC that came 6 months later.
> >
> > This happens because we allow it to happen.
>
>
> Yes, how dare we allow them to actually spend quality time making sure things actually work properly, are balanced, and are worthy of being fully implemented. Shame on us.

Like the launch of the MCC?

I think Warzone will be suffice for me.

> 2533274808578327;7:
> > 2533274907934539;6:
> > > 2533274808479006;1:
> > > Confirmed on neogaf and teambeyond.
> > >
> > > So basically just like “ranks coming soon” for MCC that came 6 months later.
> > >
> > > This happens because we allow it to happen.
> >
> >
> > Yes, how dare we allow them to actually spend quality time making sure things actually work properly, are balanced, and are worthy of being fully implemented. Shame on us.
>
>
> Like the launch of the MCC?

The game launched like that because they didn’t have time to fully test everything.

Then they rolled out patches every week that did little. When they actually stopped and spent time on their patches, things started working much better.
If they put in ranks immediately, it would have been a mess.

> 2533274808578327;7:
> > 2533274907934539;6:
> > > 2533274808479006;1:
> > > Confirmed on neogaf and teambeyond.
> > >
> > > So basically just like “ranks coming soon” for MCC that came 6 months later.
> > >
> > > This happens because we allow it to happen.
> >
> >
> > Yes, how dare we allow them to actually spend quality time making sure things actually work properly, are balanced, and are worthy of being fully implemented. Shame on us.
>
>
> Like the launch of the MCC?

You don’t think 343i are delaying the launch of BTB because of the issues with MCC’s launch?

Damn, that’s a bummer. Hopefully its something that’s just a few weeks from launch, but if it’s not, it tells me one of two things:

1. There will be a handful of maps at launch that really won’t be playable in matchmaking at first.

2. BTB will be a significant portion of the June map dump and that’s how long we’ll have to wait for it.

Warzone looks awesome, but I hope BTB remains on option as well.

> 2533274805497312;12:
> Damn, that’s a bummer. Hopefully its something that’s just a few weeks from launch, but if it’s not, it tells me one of two things:
>
> 1) There will be a handful of maps at launch that really won’t be playable in matchmaking at first.
>
> 2) BTB will be a significant portion of the June map dump and that’s how long we’ll have to wait for it.
>
> Warzone looks awesome, but I hope BTB remains on option as well.

Map dump in June? Where’s this been confirmed? I know 343i have said maps will be released up to June but never said they would all be coming in June

It appears that the link was MIA, till then, I don’t believe it.

Wow, are they kidding

I’m cool with it, but I was never much of a BTB fan. I like the options of Arena, Breakout, and Warzone.

> 2533274906745123;13:
> > 2533274805497312;12:
> > Damn, that’s a bummer. Hopefully its something that’s just a few weeks from launch, but if it’s not, it tells me one of two things:
> >
> > 1) There will be a handful of maps at launch that really won’t be playable in matchmaking at first.
> >
> > 2) BTB will be a significant portion of the June map dump and that’s how long we’ll have to wait for it.
> >
> > Warzone looks awesome, but I hope BTB remains on option as well.
>
>
> Map dump in June? Where’s this been confirmed? I know 343i have said maps will be released up to June but never said they would all be coming in June

Just assuming that’s how it plays out until we hear more. All I’ve seen is “15 free DLC maps” and June, not sure how it plays out.

Edit: “The game will launch with over 20 maps, and 343 plans to deliver more than 15 downloadable maps by June 2016. The best part? All of the maps will be free.”

Forcing us to play new gametypes is not the way to warm us up to your new game.

That would be like not including Rumble Pit at launch. Oh wait, they did that at launch of Halo 4. Remember how quickly the population dropped off?

Looks as if they’re trying to get those microtransactions right out of the gate. Want to play BTB, here, play this. At least with my pre-order, I can get 14 REQ cards right off the bat.

Ugh.

> 2533274821174589;14:
> It appears that the link was MIA, till then, I don’t believe it.

Try http://i.imgur.com/hrxnnh6.png

I know it’s just a screenshot but…

That sucks. Hopefully Warzone will take my time off of thinking about BTB not coming at launch.