No broken hit boxes and super sniper aim assist please.

I can not tell you how many times I HAVE MISSED a head shot in Reach and yet it still counts as one. I do not even hit the chest, arms, or anything. It can just wiz past their head and it counts as a head shot. Yeah this helps better snipers snipe better. But it also makes sniping too easy for players on a lower level of skill. So no Reach hit boxes in 4.

As for the aim assist, it also helps too much. You can be spinning at full speed and the stickiness of the aim assist slows it down like crazy. So no super aim assist either please. Halo 3’s sniper was perfect and balanced.

I think I remember Bungie stating somewhere that the actual hitboxes are the same size & that it’s the bullet magnitism which makes for easy headshots. And I’m pretty sure that someone proved through video comparison that H3 had more aim assist than Reach.

Not sure how true that is or which is the main contribute but it’s really all semantics, I think the point that we all are trying to make is that it shouldn’t be so nooby… so yes, whatever the cause is, tone it down a bit. Emphasis on the aim assist because that’s the one element which is not affected by networking.

Not saying to completely decimate the hitboxes/bullet magnitism of course because then nothing would register, it is a networked game after all… but Reach took it too far.

Tone it down :slight_smile:

> I think I remember Bungie stating somewhere that the actual hitboxes are the same size & that it’s the bullet magnitism which makes for easy headshots. And I’m pretty sure that someone proved through video comparison that H3 had more aim assist than Reach.
>
> Not sure how true that is or which is the main contribute but it’s really all semantics, I think the point that we all are trying to make is that it shouldn’t be so nooby… so yes, whatever the cause is, tone it down a bit. Emphasis on the aim assist because that’s the one element which is not affected by networking.
>
> Not saying to completely decimate the hitboxes/bullet magnitism of course because then nothing would register, it is a networked game after all… but Reach took it too far.
>
> Tone it down :slight_smile:

I see what you are saying but if you play a game of Halo 3 snipers and hop onto Reach snipers you will see what I am talking about. Sticky aim assist and undeserved headshots. I mean I have never seen in Halo 3 one time, completely missing my shot and it counting as a headshot. Okay I lied. It happened ONE time in a custom game but it was a defiant glitch and not part of the programming. Plus, have you been driven around in the Revenant while sniping? This is unforgivable noob friendly mechanics. Revenant

I tested this in Forge, there is zero bullet magnetism on the Reach sniper, either you’re aiming at them after all or the game’s lagging. Or maybe you were thinking of Halo 2? That game had huge bullet magnetism.

Excluding vehicle passenger seats, of course, they have huge and deliberate aim-assist. No idea what Bungie was thinking there.

that could be due to lag though. and personally i find the Reach sniper trickier to use. although I’ve had far more practice with the Reach Sniper than the H3 sniper since i hardly ever got it in H3. xD

I’m sorry but I don’t care what happens in reach. nothing should be saved from reach multiplayer at all.

> I tested this in Forge, there is zero bullet magnetism on the Reach sniper

>MFW

> I’m sorry but I don’t care what happens in reach. nothing should be saved from reach multiplayer at all.

I can agree to certain extents though i would like to see Armor customization return. Reach got that right, allowed more options and such (though having a monetary system act as exp for rank is a big no no IMO. Exp is more a skill thing that raises your overall rank. If monetary system does return, keep it separate from that).

Otherwise meh. I can see what Bungie was trying to do, i’ll give them kudos for that. Halo was more or less becoming stale (despite how great it is) and by introducing new mechanics such as bloom and AA, it was supposed to expand the sandbox and give the gameplay steroids. However and depending on your views, it wasn’t exactly the change a lot of Halo fans were looking for. The games overall speed took a dip and all sorts of issues came about (Armor Lock and Jetpacks being the main culprits).

OT: The Sniper is easier to use than the Halo 3s sniper. I was garbage with Halo 3s sniper and even Reach i find myself avoiding it at times (my skill with it is inconsistent) though it is much easier to hit someone in the head due to larger hitboxes and aim assist. No scopes are as satisfying as ever though.

I think there was a video on the head hitbox on youtube. It was the size of large watermelon…o.O

> > I tested this in Forge, there is zero bullet magnetism on the Reach sniper
>
> >MFW

Post humorous images all you want, fact is fact. Fire a millimetre away from their head and nothing registers.

I notice a lot of the time when sniping, people walk into the the bullet.

> I can not tell you how many times I HAVE MISSED a head shot in Reach and yet it still counts as one. I do not even hit the chest, arms, or anything. It can just wiz past their head and it counts as a head shot. Yeah this helps better snipers snipe better. But it also makes sniping too easy for players on a lower level of skill. So no Reach hit boxes in 4.
>
> As for the aim assist, it also helps too much. You can be spinning at full speed and the stickiness of the aim assist slows it down like crazy. So no super aim assist either please. Halo 3’s sniper was perfect and balanced.

well i’m not sure exactly what makes sniping in reach so retardedly easy but i agree with you…343 somehow make sniping difficult again like in halo 3…actually make halo hard and competitive again like in halo 3…but sniper especially

I really must redo the test into one I can render.

I have done some testing. The hitboxes are quite tight on the avatars.
A weapon’s vector correction (bullet magnetism) and aim-assist (sticky reticle) have everything to do with hitting the enemy when not on centre reticle.
The size of the reticle determines the distance from centre one can be.
But both elements, combined with the circular reticles have always been there since CE as a means of “solving” the controller problem.

> > > I tested this in Forge, there is zero bullet magnetism on the Reach sniper
> >
> > >MFW
>
> Post humorous images all you want, fact is fact. Fire a millimetre away from their head and nothing registers.

I don’t care if you went in forge and tested it. This is not about you. I’m talking about in game multilayer. It has happened plenty of times and I hate it.

> > > > I tested this in Forge, there is zero bullet magnetism on the Reach sniper
> > >
> > > >MFW
> >
> > Post humorous images all you want, fact is fact. Fire a millimetre away from their head and nothing registers.
>
> I don’t care if you went in forge and tested it. This is not about you. I’m talking about in game multilayer. It has happened plenty of times and I hate it.

Yes, and whatever caused it, it wasn’t bullet magnetism. So how about you stop being so illogical? Demanding that 343 remove something that doesn’t exist is not only stupid, it won’t fix whatever the actual problem is. My Forge games run exactly the same engine as your Matchmaking, this is very much ‘about me’, so to speak.

If you actually want to help, you can start by getting a video of this problem. I’ve got render minutes left if you need them.

> > I think I remember Bungie stating somewhere that the actual hitboxes are the same size & that it’s the bullet magnitism which makes for easy headshots. And I’m pretty sure that someone proved through video comparison that H3 had more aim assist than Reach.
> >
> > Not sure how true that is or which is the main contribute but it’s really all semantics, I think the point that we all are trying to make is that it shouldn’t be so nooby… so yes, whatever the cause is, tone it down a bit. Emphasis on the aim assist because that’s the one element which is not affected by networking.
> >
> > Not saying to completely decimate the hitboxes/bullet magnitism of course because then nothing would register, it is a networked game after all… but Reach took it too far.
> >
> > Tone it down :slight_smile:
>
> I see what you are saying but if you play a game of Halo 3 snipers and hop onto Reach snipers you will see what I am talking about. Sticky aim assist and undeserved headshots. I mean I have never seen in Halo 3 one time, completely missing my shot and it counting as a headshot. Okay I lied. It happened ONE time in a custom game but it was a defiant glitch and not part of the programming. Plus, have you been driven around in the Revenant while sniping? This is unforgivable noob friendly mechanics. Revenant

Oh I know what you mean, I’m not debating whether sniping is easier. Just pointing out that it’s not necessarily for the reason you think it is.

And yes, the Revenant glitch is a well-known issue.

> > > I tested this in Forge, there is zero bullet magnetism on the Reach sniper
> >
> > >MFW
>
> Post humorous images all you want, fact is fact. Fire a millimetre away from their head and nothing registers.

You can’t use “I tested in forge” as an argument. Magnitism works differently depending on connection, same with Halo 3. Your custom lobby with a guest is always on host so it cannot emulate practical scenarios.