No beta, no excuses

Basically my point is its normal to have issues that’s why you have alphas and betas to iron out issues. Have you ever noticed games with extensive testing before launch do better on launch day? This is an incredible game but having no beta was 343’ fault and now it’s like just give us time and things will be fixed. Imo a bit of a lame excuse.

Do you have proof that it was a no beta? or you just claiming it didn’t have beta testing due to the amount of bugs?

> 2533274812200698;2:
> Do you have proof that it was a no beta? or you just claiming it didn’t have beta testing due to the amount of bugs?
> Second. I think the game is so good but it’s obvious they didn’t stress the servers enough Pre launch or we wouldn’t be here. Also at work now but adding you today if I have time to get on. I work nights.

not sure what you mean mate we are all playing the beta now :wink: we paid good money for it.
It also saves 343 money by not hiring testers.

> 2533274896125935;3:
> > 2533274812200698;2:
> > Do you have proof that it was a no beta? or you just claiming it didn’t have beta testing due to the amount of bugs?
> > Second. I think the game is so good but it’s obvious they didn’t stress the servers enough Pre launch or we wouldn’t be here. Also at work now but adding you today if I have time to get on. I work nights.

aight, hit me up when you’re on we can run something but, yea I agree the launch was a joke because publishers push employees to hard and then cut corners, it’s why I F’ing hate activision.

> 2533274812200698;5:
> > 2533274896125935;3:
> > > 2533274812200698;2:
> > > Do you have proof that it was a no beta? or you just claiming it didn’t have beta testing due to the amount of bugs?
> > > Second. I think the game is so good but it’s obvious they didn’t stress the servers enough Pre launch or we wouldn’t be here. Also at work now but adding you today if I have time to get on. I work nights.
>
> aight, hit me up when you’re on we can run something but, yea I agree the launch was a joke because publishers push employees to hard and then cut corners, it’s why I F’ing hate activision. Activision and EA man. Saying they are the devil is too good for them.

> 2533274808961723;4:
> not sure what you mean mate we are all playing the beta now :wink: we paid good money for it.
> It also saves 343 money by not hiring testers. Exactly. It comes down to not respecting long time fans and expecting we would sit down and be quiet.

For a project of this scale a beta would have been pretty impossible to pull off, while still making the anniversary deadline. I’m pretty sure they did plenty of internal and external testing. I don’t think anyone could have forseen the issues that were going to unfold.

I’m curious as to what aspects of the game you think should have released for beta testing and when that should have happened. Even if it was limited to Halo 2A Matchmaking, that’s still time away from development that needs to be factored in in order to have a beta build put out, not to mention the download size. Providing a beta for all 5 games (1,2,2A,3 and 4) would have required a huge download for anyone looking to test, which more than likely would have to be scrapped after the game went gold.

Don’t get me wrong, the stats and feedback they could have taken from this would have been excellent, I just don’t feel it would have been feasible.

cough cough Battlefield 4 beta cough cough game still sucked cough cough Betas don’t mean crap anymore

> 2533274810856861;9:
> cough cough Battlefield 4 beta cough cough game still sucked cough cough Betas don’t mean crap anymore

But this is very different considering it’s a re-release and the game play is exactly the same. A quick beta (I’m talking 1-2 days) would have meant

-No teams splitting up in multiplayer
-No uneven matchmaking games
-Matchmaking actually working.

What do you need a Beta for? These are games that have already been released. They didn’t do this from scratch…
I think we should all have expected problems with MM. Consider how many people are playing, and the fact that it’s FOUR GAMES IN ONE.