No Beta? Delay the game and give us one.

343 you made us a promise that you would give us a beta with every new Halo game so we can try it and you can implement our feedback.

I know with the pandemic it’s difficult for game development but clearly from what we saw the game is nowhere near ready yet - assets like the phantom need a complete redesign as a lot of things look straight out of Halo 5 forge, Minecraft or Roblox.

If you gave us a beta along with a delayed launch we can give you feedback and make the game the best it can be. Don’t release another undercooked game as who knows how long we will have to wait until the next one.

Also it’s clearly being released too early as you said that you’re going to add raytracing post launch. How can Halo 3, a game released 13 years ago, look better than this? The Slipspace engine is shaping up to be another MCC, in other words a botched execution of a good vision.

Delay the game and give us a beta. Please. We can wait.

Have they said no beta whatsoever? I thought they just said that they could not stick to the original flighting plan?

there is no beta now bc due to the feedback backlash…

they need their sales bc no one would buy it after a beta trial…

it went from damage control to snaking the fans…

for instance, im not even interested in halo anymore and downloading another game already… the only thing that would change that is a bit of personal gameplay but now I have to buy it… :rofl: :v:

Beta can still happen…343i are still doing beta’s for Halo MCC so I don’t see why they wouldn’t for Infinite. I suspect we might hear more at the next 20/20 event since I believe there doing them monthly.

> 2535411529096152;3:
> there is no beta now bc due to the feedback backlash…
>
> they need their sales bc no one would buy it after a beta trial…
>
> it went from damage control to snaking the fans…
>
> for instance, im not even interested in halo anymore and downloading another game already… the only thing that would change that is a bit of personal gameplay but now I have to buy it… :rofl: :v:

Hold up, where did they confirm no beta at all?

> 2533274835220581;2:
> Have they said no beta whatsoever? I thought they just said that they could not stick to the original flighting plan?

From GameSpot:

> Although 343 is scaling back its beta-testing plans for Halo Infinite, Lee mentioned that 343 worked with “confidential groups of community representatives” since the beginning of the game’s development to gather feedback around the game’s art style and story, while the studio also brought in community members to playtest the game.
>
> While 343 can no longer commit to offering public beta tests for Halo Infinite, Lee said 343 is “assessing options for broader hands-on opportunities before launch.”
> Lee also mentioned that there may be beta tests after launch given how 343 plans to grow and evolve Halo Infinite over time. “In fact, in many ways, feedback and community flighting will be even more important after launch as we partner together to continually evolve and update the game into the future,” Lee said.
>
> Lee also mentioned that there may be beta tests after launch given how 343 plans to grow and evolve Halo Infinite over time. “In fact, in many ways, feedback and community flighting will be even more important after launch as we partner together to continually evolve and update the game into the future,” Lee said.

The main evidence though for me is that there is no raytracing at launch (as per their Waypoint post). It shows the game isn’t ready and that they are planning to release another undercooked game.

Looks like they are going the mcc route. Get paid now, fix it later. I appreciate when developers fix issues post launch, but if you know it still needs work then don’t launch it. The beta should have been a year ago so that 343 could have time to polish the game before it releases. The last thing Halo needs is another lackluster launch

> 2533274794684102;7:
> Looks like they are going the mcc route. Get paid now, fix it later. I appreciate when developers fix issues post launch, but if you know it still needs work then don’t launch it. The beta should have been a year ago so that 343 could have time to polish the game before it releases. The last thing Halo needs is another lackluster launch

I am surprised that they have shown us this. 343 and Microsoft really needed to floor the audience and i’m not seeing that reaction from the community. If they want to compete with Sony they cannot afford these reactions.

I’m not saying it was bad, but they certainly didn’t put their best foot forward yesterday.

> 2535455214074546;6:
> > 2533274835220581;2:
> > Have they said no beta whatsoever? I thought they just said that they could not stick to the original flighting plan?
>
> Halo Infinite Beta Test Plans Scaled Back - GameSpot
>
> From GameSpot:
>
> > Although 343 is scaling back its beta-testing plans for Halo Infinite, Lee mentioned that 343 worked with “confidential groups of community representatives” since the beginning of the game’s development to gather feedback around the game’s art style and story, while the studio also brought in community members to playtest the game.
> >
> > While 343 can no longer commit to offering public beta tests for Halo Infinite, Lee said 343 is “assessing options for broader hands-on opportunities before launch.”
> > Lee also mentioned that there may be beta tests after launch given how 343 plans to grow and evolve Halo Infinite over time. “In fact, in many ways, feedback and community flighting will be even more important after launch as we partner together to continually evolve and update the game into the future,” Lee said.
> >
> > Lee also mentioned that there may be beta tests after launch given how 343 plans to grow and evolve Halo Infinite over time. “In fact, in many ways, feedback and community flighting will be even more important after launch as we partner together to continually evolve and update the game into the future,” Lee said.
>
> The main evidence though for me is that there is no raytracing at launch (as per their Waypoint post). It shows the game isn’t ready and that they are planning to release another undercooked game.

Oh whoa. Okay I heard about the flights getting scaled back, I just thought it meant they wouldn’t be as extensive or early as they’d like.

Not that they weren’t having public tests altogether. That’s not good…

The fact that Halo 5 had a beta so early before launch, I firmly believe is why Halo 5 had an awesome multiplayer imo.

> 2535455214074546;6:
> > 2533274835220581;2:
> > Have they said no beta whatsoever? I thought they just said that they could not stick to the original flighting plan?
>
> Halo Infinite Beta Test Plans Scaled Back - GameSpot
>
> From GameSpot:
>
> > Although 343 is scaling back its beta-testing plans for Halo Infinite, Lee mentioned that 343 worked with “confidential groups of community representatives” since the beginning of the game’s development to gather feedback around the game’s art style and story, while the studio also brought in community members to playtest the game.
> >
> > While 343 can no longer commit to offering public beta tests for Halo Infinite, Lee said 343 is “assessing options for broader hands-on opportunities before launch.”
> >
>
> The main evidence though for me is that there is no raytracing at launch (as per their Waypoint post). It shows the game isn’t ready and that they are planning to release another undercooked game.

oof size = huge

> 2533274791984947;5:
> > 2535411529096152;3:
> > there is no beta now bc due to the feedback backlash…
> >
> > they need their sales bc no one would buy it after a beta trial…
> >
> > it went from damage control to snaking the fans…
> >
> > for instance, im not even interested in halo anymore and downloading another game already… the only thing that would change that is a bit of personal gameplay but now I have to buy it… :rofl: :v:
>
> Hold up, where did they confirm no beta at all?

it’s from the 343 staff… search halo infinite beta

> 2535411529096152;11:
> > 2533274791984947;5:
> > > 2535411529096152;3:
> > > there is no beta now bc due to the feedback backlash…
> > >
> > > they need their sales bc no one would buy it after a beta trial…
> > >
> > > it went from damage control to snaking the fans…
> > >
> > > for instance, im not even interested in halo anymore and downloading another game already… the only thing that would change that is a bit of personal gameplay but now I have to buy it… :rofl: :v:
> >
> > Hold up, where did they confirm no beta at all?
>
> it’s from the 343 staff… search halo infinite beta

Pacific Tulip gave the deets

I think I would buy the game - when I just have to pay 30€ for it. 59 or 69 is just way too much. ALso they don’t have my trust after all