No Assault Gametype? No More Bomb Games? WTF?

-UPDATE 2 - More info from NeoGAF on how the gametype Extraction works:

> There are multiple “sites” on a map, essentially territories. By default 2 of these are visible at a time. There is an amount of time to “arm” the site with a beacon for extraction. You must guard the extraction site for the amount of extraction time. The other team is able to “convert” a site in a given amount of time and then must protect it themselves for the extraction time. Once a site is extracted you get points and a new site spawns.

Sound more like a territories replacement but maybe a mix of assault in there too.
-END UPDATE 2-

-UPDATE 1-

I’m thinking we can probably calm down about assault as we have Dominion and Extraction to fill our void. Sort of like Flood replacing/evolving Infection.

Some verbal feedback about Extraction so far that isn’t a leak etc…

> You approach some arm point and proceed to plant some kind of explosive beacon with a weird gadget, I guess the enemy team must disarm it before exploding.

Some are saying a replacement for Assault and others saying it’s closer to territories. Personally I hope it’s a replacement for assault, territories just plain sucks.
-END UPDATE 1-

Anyone have a source link or confirmation of assault in or out of Halo 4?

I don’t recall an announcements or sparkcast or bulletin stating assault was out but over at NeoGAF I’ve recently been told assault is gone.

Please don’t be true…please…

Thoughts? Comments? Rants?

Hate to overreact but for a flag/bomb loving, play most days, hardcore, no stats-padding, never quit and always try type of objective player I’m about to lose it.

CTF changes I’m willing, removal of bomb is just crossing the line man, Stinkles (Frankie), Kevin Franklin, bsAngel, any 343i staff I’m calling you out on this one. Please explain or deny/confirm this important Halo gametype?

One thing I do realise on the positive 343i side…

New objective game types like dominion and extraction. Perhaps they are better than assault? Here is hoping 343i have some objective tricks still.

I can understand the need to refresh game types. I just hope the gains we have such as dominion, CTF & extraction outweigh this losses of assault, VIP & juggernaut.

I’m thankful for new work in this area but can’t help but reflect on Reach and resources spent on stockpile, crazy king, headhunter etc. Would it not be better to just focus artists, developers and testing on a few core experiences?

Imagine Reach objective during game development just had focus on high quailty objective maps with just bomb and flag. Personally I would have preferred the resources spent this way.

Fast forward to Halo 4 and maybe this is what they are doing but with the select new game types? That would at least make me happy.

However it seems quality 4v4 flag and bomb maps were hugely popular throughout Halo 2 and early to mid life of Halo 3. Objective was never the focus with Reach, they were too busy trying to balance and design maps/gamelay for use with AA’s.

Again hopefully 343i have their objective thinking caps on and we’re all going to have great times in objective for a long time.

343 knew we would try to reverse 2 Bomb and make a CTF game out of it. And that just wouldn’t do.

no more assault?? WTF? seriously? that was my favorite game type besides ctf, FFA, and BTB! this is a disappointment if its true…

This is the thousandth time I’ve heard this, but not once has anyone had a source as to even why they think it’s out.

Halo 4’s confirmed gametypes:
Slayer
SWAT
Regicide
Oddball
King of the Hill
Capture the Flag
Flood
Dominion
Grifball

That’s 9. You really think there’s only 9 gametypes total in Halo’s biggest multiplayer yet? Especially when Reach had nearly double that amount?

As far as I know, it should be possible to just make a custom grifball gametype that behaves just like assault :wink:

You can also do what the above guy said and make a reverse grifball that acts like CTF. Although if you can’t turn ball-throwing off, it won’t be the same :confused:

I’ll add in some of my comments from NeoGAF…

> Just no, if 343 have removed this I’m really in shell shock. As a hardcore objective guy I’ve been through the rise of MLG, the rise of Oddball, the decline of objective popularity, the rise of cheating, the rise of objective holding, the removal of ranked objective and Reach’s objective -Yoink- all while the community declined to even want to play objective games.
>
> WTF I don’t know if I’ll be that interested in multiplayer for years as I have been for all other Halo games.
>
> Hate to overreact but for a flag/bomb loving, play most days, hardcore, no stats-padding, never quit and always try type of objective player I’m about to lose it.
>
> CTF changes I’m willing, removal of bomb is just crossing the line man, Stinkles (Frankie) I’m calling you out on this one mate. Please explain?

> This is the thousandth time I’ve heard this, but not once has anyone had a source as to even why they think it’s out.
>
> Halo 4’s confirmed gametypes:
> Slayer
> Oddball
> King of the Hill
> Capture the Flag
> Flood
> Dominion
> Grifball
>
> That’s 7. You really think there’s only 7 gametypes in Halo’s biggest multiplayer yet?

Because every other objective game gets its own playlist, and we have had 0 mention of Assault. And the game comes out in 22 days.

this hasnt been mentioned by any true good sources

assult is an important halo game i dont believe it could be out x,x cant bee
because its been apart of halo for along time x.x

> This is the thousandth time I’ve heard this, but not once has anyone had a source as to even why they think it’s out.
>
> Slayer
> Oddball
> King of the Hill
> Capture the Flag
> Flood
> Dominion
> Grifball
>
> That’s 7. You really think there’s only 7 gametypes total in Halo’s biggest multiplayer yet? Especially when Reach had double that amount?

They are streamlining the playlists, which is a very good thing. Reach splintered settings, gametypes and playlists far too much. Nobody wants a repeat of that.

> > This is the thousandth time I’ve heard this, but not once has anyone had a source as to even why they think it’s out.
> >
> > Halo 4’s confirmed gametypes:
> > Slayer
> > Oddball
> > King of the Hill
> > Capture the Flag
> > Flood
> > Dominion
> > Grifball
> >
> > That’s 7. You really think there’s only 7 gametypes in Halo’s biggest multiplayer yet?
>
> Because every other objective game gets its own playlist, and we have had 0 mention of Assault. And the game comes out in 22 days.

Halo 4 known playlists:
Infinity Slayer
Big Team Infinity Slayer
Dominion
Regicide
Flood
Capture the Flag
Oddball
King of the Hill
Slayer Pro

Since BTB doesn’t have it’s own Flag playlists, I guess that doesn’t exist. Guess there’s no Team Oddball either. Guess there’s no Team KotH either. Guess there’s no Team Slayer Pro either. And I guess there’s no Classic either.

See where I’m getting at?

> > This is the thousandth time I’ve heard this, but not once has anyone had a source as to even why they think it’s out.
> >
> > Halo 4’s confirmed gametypes:
> > Slayer
> > Oddball
> > King of the Hill
> > Capture the Flag
> > Flood
> > Dominion
> > Grifball
> >
> > That’s 7. You really think there’s only 7 gametypes total in Halo’s biggest multiplayer yet? Especially when Reach had double that amount?
>
> They are streamlining the playlists, which is a very good thing. Reach splintered settings, gametypes and playlists far too much. Nobody wants a repeat of that.

I meant just total gametypes. Not actual playlists. Though I do like the way they’re doing the playlists.

Just wish that existed in Reach so I could play actually play Territories, and to also never have to play Headhunter.

Please provide two credible sources OP before you make a statement regarding Halo 4’s playlists.

> > > This is the thousandth time I’ve heard this, but not once has anyone had a source as to even why they think it’s out.
> > >
> > > Halo 4’s confirmed gametypes:
> > > Slayer
> > > Oddball
> > > King of the Hill
> > > Capture the Flag
> > > Flood
> > > Dominion
> > > Grifball
> > >
> > > That’s 7. You really think there’s only 7 gametypes in Halo’s biggest multiplayer yet?
> >
> > Because every other objective game gets its own playlist, and we have had 0 mention of Assault. And the game comes out in 22 days.
>
> Halo 4 known playlists:
> Infinity Slayer
> Big Team Infinity Slayer
> Dominion
> Regicide
> Flood
> Capture the Flag
> Oddball
> King of the Hill
> Slayer Pro
>
> Since BTB doesn’t have it’s own Flag playlists, I guess that doesn’t exist. Guess there’s no Team Oddball either. Guess there’s no Team KotH either. Guess there’s no Team Slayer Pro either. And I guess there’s no Classic either.
>
> See where I’m getting at?

But you are not listing playlists, you are mixing up playlists and gametypes mate. There are very different entities.

> > > > This is the thousandth time I’ve heard this, but not once has anyone had a source as to even why they think it’s out.
> > > >
> > > > Halo 4’s confirmed gametypes:
> > > > Slayer
> > > > Oddball
> > > > King of the Hill
> > > > Capture the Flag
> > > > Flood
> > > > Dominion
> > > > Grifball
> > > >
> > > > That’s 7. You really think there’s only 7 gametypes in Halo’s biggest multiplayer yet?
> > >
> > > Because every other objective game gets its own playlist, and we have had 0 mention of Assault. And the game comes out in 22 days.
> >
> > Halo 4 known playlists:
> > Infinity Slayer
> > Big Team Infinity Slayer
> > Dominion
> > Regicide
> > Flood
> > Capture the Flag
> > Oddball
> > King of the Hill
> > Slayer Pro
> >
> > Since BTB doesn’t have it’s own Flag playlists, I guess that doesn’t exist. Guess there’s no Team Oddball either. Guess there’s no Team KotH either. Guess there’s no Team Slayer Pro either. And I guess there’s no Classic either.
> >
> > See where I’m getting at?
>
> But you are not listing playlists, you are mixing up playlists and gametypes mate. There are very different entities.

These are the actual playlists in Halo 4. The new ViDoc showed them.

> Please provide two credible sources OP before you make a statement regarding Halo 4’s playlists.

Watch the BTS on the homepage before you pull the denial card.

> Please provide two credible sources OP before you make a statement regarding Halo 4’s playlists.

Do you not see ? in the title. Did you not read the first sentence in the OP?

Here it is again for you…

> Anyone have a source link or confirmation of assault in or out of Halo 4?

>
> Slayer
> Regicide
> Oddball
> King of the Hill
> Capture the Flag
> Flood
> Dominion
> Grifball
>
> That’s 8. You really think there’s only 8 gametypes total in Halo’s biggest multiplayer yet? Especially when Reach had double that amount?

You forgot SWAT.

> These are the actual playlists in Halo 4. The new ViDoc showed them.

My bad, thanks for clearing the playlists up. I’m kind of just seeing red at the moment.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

i asked frankie about this earlier at e3 while i was there and they said they were discoureged to do it because of how the bomb acted as a terroism act and how they had complaints from it from past halo games

lol jk

I hope its not out. =[ Besides CTF, Assault is the only other objective game type I like.