No amor piece mix and matching between cores?

Is anyone else disappointed by the confirmation that armor pieces are armor core specific? It would be so much more interesting to pick a shoulder from one armor core, a helmet from another armor core, chest from another armor core, etc. Why do they need to be armor core specific, exactly? They want to give us more player expression, but put restrictions on what we can mix and match? Kind of lame if you ask me.

at the moment we just don’t know the only expcince at the moment is in the flight and that only as one core mk VII my guess is next flight might have two cores to use so for now speculate is the only option we have

Honestly I’m not too bothered by it. I’m not sure I’d want to see Yoroi shoulder pads on a mk VII base for example. There may be cross-generational pieces too, like I’m sure the Mk VI will be on every single armor core save the non-canonical ones. I’m just happy to see that each armor core is getting seriously fleshed out. I wasn’t expecting to see that many yoroi options

> 2533274801884952;2:
> at the moment we just don’t know the only expcince at the moment is in the flight and that only as one core mk VII my guess is next flight might have two cores to use so for now speculate is the only option we have

they talked about it in the stream today when talking about the yoroi armor. it sounded like only certain pieces of armor go with certain cores as to not ruin the aesthetic

> 2535453862816065;4:
> > 2533274801884952;2:
> > at the moment we just don’t know the only expcince at the moment is in the flight and that only as one core mk VII my guess is next flight might have two cores to use so for now speculate is the only option we have
>
> they talked about it in the stream today when talking about the yoroi armor. it sounded like only certain pieces of armor go with certain cores as to not ruin the aesthetic

yes I did to be fair not alot of folks liked clashing art styles take the reception of the halo online armor h3 in mcc not alot of folks like seeing h4 styled armor in h3 so I get why they did that but they only showed one core that doesn’t mean it goes for any core

I am extremely dissapointed to see this be confirmed. It’s really going to kill customization a lot imo. I hate the idea of potentially a helmet I like being locked away on a core I don’t.

It’s just going to be needlessly limiting, no doubt about it. None of their tank analogy talk did anything to alleviate my fears on this system.

Mixed reception here.

Mixing and matching would be better imo, but there are a few cons to that too. But that doesn’t mean that Other armours Accessories won’t be coming to other cores. We will have to wait and see. Also, from an artistic Perspective, that is a Clipping Nightmare, and fodder for people ready to hate everything about the title. Remember the Bad textures scandal of H5? People zooming into the floor as evidence to say 343 is a terrible studio. I’d say it’s probably better to play it safe and create curated and well designed armour sets.

Now, if they drop the ball on that too, then we can definitely complain a bit.