No ADS in the demo

In the gameplay demo left trigger is assigned to another function, meaning (i think) that there is no aim down sight like in Halo 5.

Thank you 343 for all your hard work on this game and Halo in general.

you do realize they aimed in the demo. It’s just like the older games where you click in the right stick.

> 2533274808014844;1:
> In the gameplay demo left trigger is assigned to another function, meaning (i think) that there is no aim down sight like in Halo 5.
>
> Thank you 343 for all your hard work on this game and Halo in general.

They aimed for a split second in the demo. It was not ADS but it was like a scope. It happened when Chief picked up the Commando.

Whoever was playing had a Reach control layout, I’m sure ADS is still a feature as it is a popular one for any FPS these days and in order to compete they’d be nuts to remove that. I’m sure the bind was the only issue as to why it was hidden.

Also, why does the player in every demo seem to be someone who looks like they’re maybe a week into playing games and they just do awful? Haha Let someone who really knows how to push the limit and destroy enemies on screen so all of us can see what we are going to actually look like instead of how an 8 yo plays.

> 2535419166122192;3:
> > 2533274808014844;1:
> > In the gameplay demo left trigger is assigned to another function, meaning (i think) that there is no aim down sight like in Halo 5.
> >
> > Thank you 343 for all your hard work on this game and Halo in general.
>
> They aimed for a split second in the demo. It was not ADS but it was like a scope. It happened when Chief picked up the Commando.

It’s a shame we didn’t see more of it tbh. He got deacoped almost immediately, I feel like certain weapons with scopes will be able to fire whilst aimed in - Br, Sniper, that new UNSC gun etc

> 2533274920252610;4:
> Whoever was playing had a Reach control layout, I’m sure ADS is still a feature as it is a popular one for any FPS these days and in order to compete they’d be nuts to remove that. I’m sure the bind was the only issue as to why it was hidden.
>
> Also, why does the player in every demo seem to be someone who looks like they’re maybe a week into playing games and they just do awful? Haha Let someone who really knows how to push the limit and destroy enemies on screen so all of us can see what we are going to actually look like instead of how an 8 yo plays.

They’re paid to make the games, doesn’t mean they’re good at playing them. Just look at the ODST Firefight livestream Bungie did years ago: Martin O’Donnell went and hid for an entire round (therefore inspiring the Be Like Marty achievement).

Also, did they get shot out of scope or did they descope manually? It’s a little hard to tell with everything going on.

> 2533274920252610;4:
> Also, why does the player in every demo seem to be someone who looks like they’re maybe a week into playing games and they just do awful? Haha Let someone who really knows how to push the limit and destroy enemies on screen so all of us can see what we are going to actually look like instead of how an 8 yo plays.

They are literally told to play like this, so the audience has a less frantic experience to take in the details. At least on stage during press conferences. I have heard comments by YouTubers who beat Soulsborne games on their channels about how they got hired to demo new titles for public events and had to constantly remind themselves not to play the game how they normally would in private.