Ninja Assassins Feedback

If you have played in the Ninja Assassins playlist, this is the place to leave the Matchmaking Systems Team your feedback! Please leave your thoughts on the following items and issues:

-Game type offered in this playlist (game settings, how they play on the maps, etc)
-Maps in this playlist (design, weapons, flow, balance, etc)
-Anything else related to this playlist that you feel is important!

Note: If you found a bug while playing Halo 4 Matchmaking, please post here.

The Matchmaking Systems Team will review feedback and join the discussion when necessary. Thanks for playing.

I absolutely LOVE this gametype. It has a Hot Shots feel to it (would be nice if that could come back, too!). It’s a LOT of fun, especially on Vertigo where I’ve noticed a few players taking advantage of the map hazard.

(I wish the assassination speed on Ninja 1/3 was the speed for when you’re equipped with the Stealth package in normal play. :P)

Anywho, all-in-all, super fun playlist. Gonna be a GREAT two weeks. :smiley:

EDIT: The map Black Site has a LOT of framerate lag on it. It was really tough to play on because of it. That one might need a removal. :\

> I absolutely LOVE this gametype. It has a Hot Shots feel to it (would be nice if that could come back, too!). It’s a LOT of fun, especially on Vertigo where I’ve noticed a few players taking advantage of the map hazard.
>
> (I wish the assassination speed on Ninja 1/3 was the speed for when you’re equipped with the Stealth package in normal play. :P)
>
> Anywho, all-in-all, super fun playlist. Gonna be a GREAT two weeks. :smiley:
>
> EDIT: The map Black Site has a LOT of framerate lag on it. It was really tough to play on because of it. That one might need a removal. :\

Black Site was heavily exploited by opponent players from what I’ve experienced. Other than that I seriously love this more than Sword Hill. :stuck_out_tongue:

Abandon needs removed from the rotation. It has the most atrocious spawns for this game type. I find that I consistently spawn in the purple forest at the far back corner of the map over and over and over…

…and over

…and over

…and over.

I literally respawned there 9 of 10 deaths in 1 game.

Other than that the maps don’t play too bad. I just find that 1 map people will spawn next to you more often than not, regardless if other enemies are even present or not.

Great fun
Only problem is the problem i have with all ffa, it needs to be limit party of one. ONE!

Hi 343! Thanx a lot for Ninja Assassins! Ninja Assassins is above all the best Halo game type I have ever played. I absolutely love it! You combined my two favourite Halo weapons of all time and as a result, created the best game type ever, in my opinion! This is why I am begging you, PLEASE do not remove it on the 28th! It is becoming so loved and it is truly a masterpiece. Can you guys please put it in one of the other categories? Anything! Just please don’t remove Ninja Assassins, because it is absolutely awesome with its perfectly chosen maps, weapons, armour abilities and etc. Thanx :slight_smile:

this gametype should be gone directly to Rumble Pit when the playlist rotate

> this gametype should be gone directly to Rumble Pit when the playlist rotate

I’ll officially dump SWAT for a few months if Ninja Assassin became a permanent FFA gametype. <3

So after about 26 games and finally getting my 50, I’m ready to really get my input put in.

Pros:
-Fast play
-Interesting concept on Ninja “levels” (aka Reach “Hotshot”)
-Points system (Everything worth 10 points; Assassinations worth 30)
-Varied map selection
-Stable population resulting in fairly decent search times.
-No Radar (THANK YOU!)
-No Dispatch (map; has a lot of lag)

Cons:
-Join-in-Progress window is too long
-Hekau, Inheritor, and Butter would be fun with this gametype.

That’s really it. There wasn’t much I found wrong with the gametype. It’s so fast-paced that there’s a ton of times that people will spawn right behind you after you just spawned. Also, sword-clashing is finicky at best. There’s a lot of times where I’d clash and we’d kill each other on the 1st swing at full shields. Other times we’d clash 3, 4, or more times and still be alive. Other times I’ll clash once and on the second clash I’d die while the opponent lives. It’s random at times. Other than that, it’s fun!

So far the gametype seems pretty good. However I wish we had the scavenger (support/upgrade/whatever it’s called) so that we wouldn’t run out of stickys so quickly. Just a thought…

> this gametype should be gone directly to Rumble Pit when the playlist rotate

Good god I hope not, I could see it being in Action Sack but not Rumble Pit no… Hell no.

> > this gametype should be gone directly to Rumble Pit when the playlist rotate
>
> Good god I hope not, I could see it being in Action Sack but not Rumble Pit no… Hell no.

Action sack is for team-based matches…Rumble Pit is the only FFA permanent playlist… people will chose if wanna play a competitive or casual match

> > > this gametype should be gone directly to Rumble Pit when the playlist rotate
> >
> > Good god I hope not, I could see it being in Action Sack but not Rumble Pit no… Hell no.
>
> Action sack is for team-based matches…Rumble Pit is the only FFA permanent playlist… people will chose if wanna play a competitive or casual match

There’s really no reason why a Team-variant of this wouldn’t work. It would play practically the exact same but in a team environment.

Except it would be too confusing having both teams wearing black armor, and it wouldn’t feel right with bright reds and blues.

I try to only use the sniper. Amazing snapshot/sniping practice!

> So after about 26 games and finally getting my 50, I’m ready to really get my input put in.
>
> Pros:
> -Fast play
> -Interesting concept on Ninja “levels” (aka Reach “Hotshot”)
> -Points system (Everything worth 10 points; Assassinations worth 30)
> -Varied map selection
> -Stable population resulting in fairly decent search times.
> -No Radar (THANK YOU!)
> -No Dispatch (map; has a lot of lag)
>
>
> Cons:
> -Join-in-Progress window is too long
> -Hekau, Inheritor, and Butter would be fun with this gametype.
>
> That’s really it. There wasn’t much I found wrong with the gametype. It’s so fast-paced that there’s a ton of times that people will spawn right behind you after you just spawned. Also, sword-clashing is finicky at best. There’s a lot of times where I’d clash and we’d kill each other on the 1st swing at full shields. Other times we’d clash 3, 4, or more times and still be alive. Other times I’ll clash once and on the second clash I’d die while the opponent lives. It’s random at times. Other than that, it’s fun!

Hi 343 first time posting :slight_smile:

I would like to agree with the above point.

I used to play a very similar gametype from the days of halo 2.

I loved every moment of it… the only way to win is to play like a ninja and i only managed to win matches with big leads by playing just like that…

its nice not playing with a radar it created a stronger urge to be more aware of enemies and map choke points.

I remember being las t or 2nd last place in a game but i managed to chain 6 assassinations in a row and i won…

now the feeling i got for those matches brought me back to the days of playing custom swords on halo 2 and 3.

I cant wait for the next playlists not though i like this better than heavies… nevertheless thank you 343 for bringing back memories.

Since Ninja Assassins will be moved into Action Sack, feel free to move the feedback there:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst194757_Team-Action-Sack-Feedback.aspx