Nighttime versions of Warzone maps.

How would you feel about playing Warzone maps but at night?

I’d personally enjoy it because of the challenge of fighting in the dark, spotting people by their muzzle flare, close quarters combat and the spectacular light show that fighting the bosses would create, especially when Warden Eternal appeared.
Watching aerial dogfights between banshees would be brilliant at night as well, especially because of the blue plasma’s contrast against the night sky.

Obviously, the maps couldn’t be pitch black as that would make it hard to find your way, I’m thinking of a dark blue color with moonlight being used for lighting.

I would suggest that a night version of the Battle of Noctus would be an excellent map to test the suitability of of nighttime Warzone maps.

May the Halo array blast me to nothing before this happens, 343 has already been pretty lazy when it comes to maps. Comes out with a few new maps, then immediately follows up with a remix of the map. That plays slightly different.

Night time maps don’t play much different then day maps for Halo. Halo isn’t like Battlefield where you might have to equip different tools like night vision to play on these night maps. Halo everyone is equal so creating something where youd have to look for muzzle flashes etc. Would hurt the player base because that isn’t what Halo is.

This game needs new maps that are fresh and unique not recycled assests. Unless they decide to make these night time maps without taking something else away I’d be okay if it meant we still get other things as well.

> 2533274807927925;2:
> May the Halo array blast me to nothing before this happens, 343 has already been pretty lazy when it comes to maps. Comes out with a few new maps, then immediately follows up with a remix of the map. That plays slightly different.
>
> Night time maps don’t play much different then day maps for Halo. Halo isn’t like Battlefield where you might have to equip different tools like night vision to play on these night maps. Halo everyone is equal so creating something where youd have to look for muzzle flashes etc. Would hurt the player base because that isn’t what Halo is.
>
> This game needs new maps that are fresh and unique not recycled assests. Unless they decide to make these night time maps without taking something else away I’d be okay if it meant we still get other things as well.

I know that people would prefer new maps, but I think the reason why they are rarely released is because I imagine that maps are a lot of money and effort to create as they would have to design, texture and playtest any new map they created. I think remixing maps is a way around this because all that they would need to do to an existing map would be to change the look of it and place different weapons on the map, though this method may not have much appeal. For me personally, getting remixed maps is better than getting none at all.

While Battlefield was my inspiration for this topic, what I meant by “spotting people by their muzzle flare” was that people would be harder (without taking it to extremes) to see because their bright team colors would be less visible on a night map.

On a cosmetic note, I think that the Warzone pelican landing sequence would look better on night maps.

It would be cool.

There is the Assault Map “Urban”

I would support this. I’ve always wanted a nighttime Warzone map.

I hope they make the maps at night really dark and have spartans have flashlights that can only shine so far like in BF4

Yes. 343 should definitly add nighttime warzone/infection maps.

Wouldn’t mind it for Warzone. Just because it’s so limited in maps.

Maybe even give us a Night Vison scope for the weapons, one that looks like Halo: CE’s sniper scope.

that would be Great… They should add all wheater options… Sometimes is night sometime rains ecc

Could be fun and different to see this…
night time infection on warzone maps though

> 2533274870717152;1:
> How would you feel about playing Warzone maps but at night?
>
> I’d personally enjoy it because of the challenge of fighting in the dark, spotting people by their muzzle flare, close quarters combat and the spectacular light show that fighting the bosses would create, especially when Warden Eternal appeared.
> Watching aerial dogfights between banshees would be brilliant at night as well, especially because of the blue plasma’s contrast against the night sky.
>
> Obviously, the maps couldn’t be pitch black as that would make it hard to find your way, I’m thinking of a dark blue color with moonlight being used for lighting.
>
> I would suggest that a night version of the Battle of Noctus would be an excellent map to test the suitability of of nighttime Warzone maps.

as long as visibility is limited(like beta eden) so you have to hunt an d kill in the light while snipers(usually great) will shine like the sun.

Not sure how well that would work for competitive Halo play. Back in ODST, I loved the nighttime versions of Firefight maps (so fun). But I don’t think the decreased visibility would add fun to Warzone; I think it would just add frustration.

I would love to see this in WZ, throw in several other variations such as inclement weather or heavy fog and it would actually make warzone a little more interesting to me