Night Time

In the February Inside Infinite update they showed off a scene at different times during the day/night cycle. I thought it looked awesome but I hope at night time it gets darker than what they showed. I think it’d be cool if it got so dark they could bring back night vision or at least have night vision on the sniper scope or something.

> 2533275031939856;1:
> In the February Inside Infinite update they showed off a scene at different times during the day/night cycle. I thought it looked awesome but I hope at night time it gets darker than what they showed. I think it’d be cool if it got so dark they could bring back night vision or at least have night vision on the sniper scope or something.

Yep, the “night” screenshot looked more like evening, night is far darker. But does night-day cicle actually make sense? Do halo rings spin or what?

A lot of people seem to be asking for this, but I think it would be cool for 5 minutes and then just get tedious.

In the bottom right corner of that night time screenshot there is a radio beacon or some similar device. Thoughts?

> 2535453809720436;2:
> > 2533275031939856;1:
> > In the February Inside Infinite update they showed off a scene at different times during the day/night cycle. I thought it looked awesome but I hope at night time it gets darker than what they showed. I think it’d be cool if it got so dark they could bring back night vision or at least have night vision on the sniper scope or something.
>
> Yep, the “night” screenshot looked more like evening, night is far darker. But does night-day cicle actually make sense? Do halo rings spin or what?

Hey… I’m gonna make a topic on this.

And yes, it was pretty bright for a night time picture, but my guess is that it will look darker in-game (hopefully)

I’m not sure if we’ll see total darkness. Haloes are rings not spheres like planets or moons are. There is unlikely to be an entire side of the Halo in total darkness. I think the night will be more dusk and twilight like. Even if our part of the ring has it’s back to the light source (sun), there will light reflection from the opposite internal side whlie it’s in a day cycle. Just my opinion.

> 2592250499819446;6:
> I’m not sure if we’ll see total darkness. Haloes are rings not spheres like planets or moons are. There is unlikely to be an entire side of the Halo in total darkness. I think the night will be more dusk and twilight like. Even if our part of the ring has it’s back to the light source (sun), there will light reflection from the opposite internal side whlie it’s in a day cycle. Just my opinion.

It makes sense, I would just like it to get darker to be honest lol Physics aside

I wonder if we’re going to see any night time MP maps :thinking:?

It sounds fine for me what they showed so far looks good no need to be dark like halo 3 odst so far so good halo has its unique vibe

I’m truly excited about a daylight cycle as it can create some character to the game. The only Halo map that I can remember that it had a daylight cycle is Crevice in Halo Wars.

> 2614366390849210;8:
> I wonder if we’re going to see any night time MP maps :thinking:?

That would be really cool. Reminds me of H5 beta Eden. What if we got a day and night time version of each map, where it makes sense.

I hope we have to do some missions specifically in night time.

> 2614366390849210;8:
> I wonder if we’re going to see any night time MP maps :thinking:?

Could you imagine multiplayer maps with daylight cycles? That would be cool and really change up the gameplay as the match develops.

You realize we’re on a ring, not a planet, right? The only time it should be dark (unless there’s some sort of storm), will be the brief moment when both the end of the ring we’re on and the end opposite us are in line with whatever star this thing orbits around.

One of the augmenations spartans have is to their vision in in the dark. Given that we’re playing one, its unlikely that we’d really see truly dark night through their eyes.

> 2535421108515819;14:
> You realize we’re on a ring, not a planet, right? The only time it should be dark (unless there’s some sort of storm), will be the brief moment when both the end of the ring we’re on and the end opposite us are in line with whatever star this thing orbits around.

Some others have pointed that out too but I still think it would just be cool from a gameplay and visual perspective if night time felt more like night time. But, that’s just based on the screenshots we’ve seen, could be a whole different feel actually playing it.

> 2535453809720436;2:
> > 2533275031939856;1:
> > In the February Inside Infinite update they showed off a scene at different times during the day/night cycle. I thought it looked awesome but I hope at night time it gets darker than what they showed. I think it’d be cool if it got so dark they could bring back night vision or at least have night vision on the sniper scope or something.
>
> Yep, the “night” screenshot looked more like evening, night is far darker. But does night-day cicle actually make sense? Do halo rings spin or what?

I think it does in the HCEA menu

> 2592250499819446;6:
> I’m not sure if we’ll see total darkness. Haloes are rings not spheres like planets or moons are. There is unlikely to be an entire side of the Halo in total darkness. I think the night will be more dusk and twilight like. Even if our part of the ring has it’s back to the light source (sun), there will light reflection from the opposite internal side whlie it’s in a day cycle. Just my opinion.

This is a very good point. The opposite internal side of Zeta Halo’s ring would reflect much more light then Earth’s moon does. Zeta Halo is 6213.712 miles in diameter and our moon is 238,900 miles from the Earth’s surface. Zeta Halo can’t be too far from its “sun” or its entire surface would be covered in ice so the source of the light that is being reflected must be similar to that of our own sun. Taking all this into account the darkest of the screenshots shown in the February update seems appropriate