"night" maps?

i think they should do more night maps like lockout, guardian, etc.

I think it would be pretty cool if we have a map that’s dark enough where you have to use the flashlight, or night vision.

> I think it would be pretty cool if we have a map that’s dark enough were you have to use the flashlight, or night vision.

exactly! mix things up a little!

> > I think it would be pretty cool if we have a map that’s dark enough were you have to use the flashlight, or night vision.
>
> exactly! mix things up a little!

It could be map inside of a dead Forerunner ship that is pitch black forcing everyone to use like you said their flashlight or night vision. This could also be put into firefight with you fighting flood. This would make it very fun and very scary.

A night map with the ability to use a flashlight would be perfect for infection.

> A night map with the ability to use a flashlight would be perfect for infection.

This.

I look forward to night maps, but don’t make it to dark by default. We should be able to Forge brightness, not be forced to keep our hands on the wall to prevent ourselves from falling off.

I can see it now, Damnation mini jumps, at night.

Who can suicide the least wins!

/I still support a night map.

Well i know that… i mean reach ruined the “Night time” effect. but what im saying is they should make it where the map darkens but you are still able to flip on a flashlight and see the path in front and the sides of the screen are dark. kinda like in the halo 3 campaign or in left 4 dead.

Firefight maps would be awesome if they were darker too.

Backwash kind of tainted the whole map set at night routine.

But it would be interesting to see it done again, and done well.

Set the map at night, somewhere Forerunner, give us a nice aurora borealis to look at and we’re all set. In fact, yeah… A Relic remake, set at night with an aurora borealis. That would be -Yoink- beautiful.

I want to be able to make my maps darker in Forge without using FX, so the entire map gets darker and contains more shadows like it’s night-time.

Exactly. I hate the way the dark forge fx look.

Reach campaign and firefight has night vision, it should be included in Halo 4 MM and Custom Games.

> i think they should do more night maps like lockout, guardian, etc.

o.o

I was literally just thinking this yesterday.

Yeah, if they’re like Guardian or Lockout, I’m all in :slight_smile:

And by this, I do not mean like “Blackout” from Halo 3, as that was far from a low-visibility map.

Think Halo 2. Think backwash. Don’t even jump on the bandwagon and act like you hated it. That map was great and introduced something very little seen in Halo maps - darkness and low visibility.

Of course you guys at 343i want to show off what you can do with lighting and your reflections, etc. but give us at least ONE map that’s dark. And I don’t mean dark in color, I mean dark in ambiance. I remember back in modding Halo 2, one could actually edit the “lightmap” file of a map and make a map look like early morning or late in the afternoon.

Let’s see some more of the maps where the moon is out and there’s low visibility. Maybe in future DLC? Only one couldn’t hurt anything.

Any comments/suggestions?

Dark Maps
Snow Maps
Forerunner Maps
Jungle Maps
Man-made facility Maps
Rainy Maps
Space Maps

…and the list goes on.

Just something, anything more than what we have now. And not just different level designs, but different environments.

Yeah I think dark would be cool, but definitely not like Backwash. I really did hate that map. It was actually the only Halo 2 map that I legitimately didn’t like. Although I suppose my disliking it had more to do with the map design itself and less to do with the low visibility.

Yes.

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst60314_-night--maps.aspx