Nice try with WZFF, But it needs more testing.

To add to the long list of threads here, I bring you another one. This is basically my first time playing Halo 5 since the WZFF Beta, and in the handful of games I have played, like everyone else, i have some issues with it. The main thing being the Increasing Respawn Time. Now the increasing spawn time might not be such a bad thing if you could perhaps pick spawn points, or at the very least spawn close to the objective. The way it is right now, the Defend Missions are nearly impossible, especially at later rounds when yo have a 15 second spawn timer, and spawn another 15 seconds away from the point. Speaking of Defend missions, they dont even play well in Round 1 either, once again because of issues with Spawns. Both times I have played on Darkstar when Defend The Armory has come up on Round 1, by the time any of us get to the Armory, the Prometheans are already all inside the Armory, with more coming in behind you as you try to clear it out. Both matches ended in a Round 1 defeat. I have been waiting a long time for Warzone Firefight, as many of you have, and after played 7 or 8 games I think im out until some changes are made. FF is supposed to be fun, not an exercise in frustration, and failures that are outside of your control.

It definitely needs to have some sort of change. People may like how it is now, but it is realistically to difficult.

It seemed pretty fun last night with my group. The respawn locations could be improved yes, but I’m ok eith long respawn timers as it should make you be careful with your life. I’ve seen so many people try to assassinate wardens, go invis around A.I. Bosses, move air vehicles in to close to specific enemy that they shouldn’t have touched that results in death simply due to player stupidity. At least over time this will teach people that you can go gun ho about it, I’ve never been a fan if firefight in odst or reach because it was so easy to “camp” where as h5 the A.I. Don’t move around much to let you camp, you actually have to move after them and that, I appreciate. H5s firefight isn’t boring and has a lot of tension, but it doesn’t need to seem like you’re having to work for it cuz I proved that wrong yesturday. If you dislike a real challenge then sure, I could see where you’re coming from.

I I also disagree when you say “failures out of your control” cuz you’re wrong. Get good if you aren’t doing good at it, get a team if you dislike the randoms, change weapons that do more damage if dps (lulz, dps in halo) is low previously, everything is indeed in your control, for once firefight is a real challenge and it’s team oriented which I love.

Cap spawn times at 10 seconds or less. Make it so non boss enemies do not respawn on boss rounds. Move the bosses from inside the bases out into the open so we can actually fight them without getting one shot down a tiny corridor.

Well written. I 100% agree, I’m giving it a miss until (if ever) it’s fixed…

> 2533274923562209;3:
> It seemed pretty fun last night with my group. The respawn locations could be improved yes, but I’m ok eith long respawn timers as it should make you be careful with your life. I’ve seen so many people try to assassinate wardens, go invis around A.I. Bosses, move air vehicles in to close to specific enemy that they shouldn’t have touched that results in death simply due to player stupidity. At least over time this will teach people that you can go gun ho about it, I’ve never been a fan if firefight in odst or reach because it was so easy to “camp” where as h5 the A.I. Don’t move around much to let you camp, you actually have to move after them and that, I appreciate. H5s firefight isn’t boring and has a lot of tension, but it doesn’t need to seem like you’re having to work for it cuz I proved that wrong yesturday. If you dislike a real challenge then sure, I could see where you’re coming from.
>
> I I also disagree when you say “failures out of your control” cuz you’re wrong. Get good if you aren’t doing good at it, get a team if you dislike the randoms, change weapons that do more damage if dps (lulz, dps in halo) is low previously, everything is indeed in your control, for once firefight is a real challenge and it’s team oriented which I love.

I see what you’re saying, but FF is supposed to be both fun and challenging. There are certain elements that are out of your control when you have to defend and objective that the enemies are already spawned in before you get there. And when it happens in later round when the spawn timer has jumped up to 20 seconds then its done. Now where we probably differ in experiences is that im running solo with Randoms, and you’re communicating with a group, which the way this is set up is more accommodating for your style of play. In my experience, I want to be able to jump in and have fun with it, and not have to go find 7 other people to get all sweaty with. lol

> 2533274833324880;4:
> Cap spawn times at 10 seconds or less. Make it so non boss enemies do not respawn on boss rounds. Move the bosses from inside the bases out into the open so we can actually fight them without getting one shot down a tiny corridor.

Im good with all of that, but I would even settle for just a respawn timer reduction at this point. I would start there, and see how it plays out. Which is why this needed more testing, instead of having to change things just one little piece at a time. I bet they had the Pro Team testing this out, and this is what felt great to them, while forgetting that not everyone that plays Halo is a Pro Level Player, and also forgetting that Firefight is a Co-Op mode and not a competitive Arena style mode.