Next weeks TU- Things that need 2 happen

1- Take out camo from loadouts, make it a Powerup or an Ordinance drop
2- Take out Jetpack from loadouts, make it an ordinance drop
Start listening to the Competitive Community more and The Casual Community less 343, Theres a reason there was about 56,000 on h4 last Saturday night

…there’s a TU next week?

It’s just a weekly update, not a title update. The second title update isn’t coming for a while.

> 1- Take out camo from loadouts, make it a Powerup or an Ordinance drop
> 2- Take out Jetpack from loadouts, make it an ordinance drop
> Start listening to the Competitive Community more and The Casual Community less 343, Theres a reason there was about 56,000 on h4 last Saturday night

Believe it or not, we have a competitive playlist with the things you want, and I’m sure there’s more coming. Jetpack is near useless anyway. I agree camo should be nerfed but not removed.

Just change AC to H2 style that the arbiter had.
Jet pack is fine now

> 1- Take out camo from loadouts, make it a Powerup or an Ordinance drop
> 2- Take out Jetpack from loadouts, make it an ordinance drop
> Start listening to the Competitive Community more and The Casual Community less 343, Theres a reason there was about 56,000 on h4 last Saturday night

No thank you.

As someone who does not like Active Camo it should not be taken out of the infinity slayer game modes, but restricted or removed from competitive playlists. As we see in Team throwdown.

Same thing can be said about jet pack.

You need to start learning how to not speak for other people, and give reasons to your arguments before just spurting out things YOU have trouble dealing with. This doesn’t fix anything and is non constructive.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I think everything is fine as they are. If you’re having problems with the AA’s then it’s just you, simple as that.

It’s not like Jetpack is useful for avoiding getting shot at, mor elike getting to places.

It’s not camo is bad, you’re just an idiot for not being attentive or shooting the center of it’s jam range. Frags work best or waiting for the -Yoink- to move.

Weapons? Long, Mid, Short. They’re all fine. Finally found a way to avoid the Boltshot’s blast range. AR, Plasma repeater, Supressor? Never get too close. Carbine, BR, just get more distance. DMR, Light Rifle? Well the closer the better, accuracy is poor when close. As for everything else it’s self-taught.

But you know what really needs to be nerfed?Not nerfed but made stronger. The vehicles. They’re like cardborn boxes, I have to use my Operaror’s Wheelman in order to make them into monsters.

OH HEY! Maybe they’ll add a stat system! Proper ranking that doesn’t have to be viewed on waypoint! :smiley:

>

Jetpack completely negates verticality in map design. Thats really all that needs to be said. Power positions should be hard to get to and control. JP ignores that idea and IMO that is bad for gameplay…

That being said if it is only in Infinity then keep it…

Camo on the other hand has no place in a loadout. I am idiot for not being attentive? Attentive to what? A guy I can’t see half way across the map? Also I dont know what people you are playing but standing around waiting for it to run out is hardly ever an option. If I focus on the camo guy, his teammate will kill me… If i focus on his teammate, he will kill me.

That is fine if it was something you had to fight for and it wasnt available every 10 seconds.

AAs should be helpful tweaks ie. Thruster, Hardlight, Hologram. Not game changers available at the click of a button.

I agree AA’s shouled be removed, they ruin the feel of Halo. Remember in Halo 2 the map Colossus? Where you spawn within sight of the opposing team’s base but have to walk around to get to it?? Those were the good old days of maps being created with specific routes in mind, there was map control and good flow to the gameplay.

Now with Halo 4, maps cannot be created like Colossus because you can simply jet pack around and there is no map flow.

Yes I agree, remove AA’s in Halo 5. It’s unrealistic to expect 343 to make that kind of drastic change to Halo 4, but hopefully they will for the next game.

> 1- Take out camo from loadouts, make it a Powerup or an Ordinance drop
> 2- Take out Jetpack from loadouts, make it an ordinance drop
> Start listening to the Competitive Community more and The Casual Community less 343, Theres a reason there was about 56,000 on h4 last Saturday night

The casual community far out numbers the competitive community. Why should they listen to the competitive community? While I agree that Camo should be an ordinance drop, I don’t think it will happen. The jetpack isn’t a big deal. It’s been nerfed a bunch from Reach and you can at least see the player you’re trying to shoot. Camo and the wall hack (PV) are the ones that don’t make sense in loadouts to me. If they made the game exactly how you want it do you honestly think it would bring back thousands of players. I’ll bet the number would stay the same or drop further.

> 1- Take out camo from loadouts, make it a Powerup or an Ordinance drop
> 2- Take out Jetpack from loadouts, make it an ordinance drop
> Start listening to the Competitive Community more and The Casual Community less 343, Theres a reason there was about 56,000 on h4 last Saturday night

Firstly, there is no TU next week.
Secondly, I agree something has to be done about AC and I do miss the classic pick ups, but there are other solutions besides what you are suggesting.
Thirdly, Jetpack has had a nerf since Reach and It didn’t even bug me that much then. Also I find the argument that it breaks map design pretty funny, as I’m pretty sure map designers new about it while they were making the maps.
Fourthly, 343 needs to start listening to everyone more, and no one less. throwdown needs to become more how the competitives envision it, for sure, but their input is less valuable in the social gametypes although I agree everyone’s input is valuable in every playlist.
Lastly, believe it or not, the competitive community is not the only group that makes up what is missing from the Halo 4 population. The custom community, the classic community, the multi-team and action sack community, the BTB community are all communities that have been neglected and I’m sure there are more. You should not lay claim to the decline in population for just your community. Everyone needs to be listened to more.

These are all reasons why your post sound selfish instead of constructive. Different people certainly have different opinions of how this game should be addressed. I’m not saying you have to acknowledge every other group, but you shouldn’t pretend like you speak for everyone either. This is how you would like Halo to be after aTU, but not the way it HAS to be.

Thanks for your input though. Please keep voicing your opinion. 343 needs to here everyone better.

> Thirdly, Jetpack has had a nerf since Reach and It didn’t even bug me that much then. Also I find the argument that it breaks map design pretty funny, as I’m pretty sure map designers new about it while they were making the maps.

It breaks map design because not everyone has Jetpack. Some people must run around using blocks to hop on or ramps to move upward. Have a Jetpack? Do whatever the hell you want.

> > Thirdly, Jetpack has had a nerf since Reach and It didn’t even bug me that much then. Also I find the argument that it breaks map design pretty funny, as I’m pretty sure map designers new about it while they were making the maps.
>
> It breaks map design because not everyone has Jetpack. Some people must run around using blocks to hop on or ramps to move upward. Have a Jetpack? Do whatever the hell you want.

It’s not like they don’t have the option to have it. You can even add it to a loadout mid-game. Now, if everyone was using Camo or PV how lame would that be. Imagine a 16 player BTB with everyone invisible or everyone seeing through walls with PV.

> > Thirdly, Jetpack has had a nerf since Reach and It didn’t even bug me that much then. Also I find the argument that it breaks map design pretty funny, as I’m pretty sure map designers new about it while they were making the maps.
>
> It breaks map design because not everyone has Jetpack. Some people must run around using blocks to hop on or ramps to move upward. Have a Jetpack? Do whatever the hell you want.

Every AA allows you to do something you wouldn’t otherwise be able to do, that’s the whole point.

I’m all for a classic playlist, or a playlist with no AA at all, but if we got rid of AA just because small groups thought they were OP we would be short 4 or 5 AA. AC is the only AA that currently has a large percentage of the community up in arms and even for AC it isn’t a majority of all Halo players.

Remove the problem that allows the dots to go away while cloaked and make it so players become visible while charging weapons and it really won’t be that much of a problem any more. I say make the dots red for the user and opponents too, and make them completely invisible for teammates, making it a functional radar jammer again and making it a downside for AC users again. But that last part is more my opinion.

Just getting rid of AA, for AA gametypes I think seems a bit unneeded for the majority of players though. Some just might need a slight fix.

> 1- Take out camo from loadouts, make it a Powerup or an Ordinance drop
> 2- Take out Jetpack from loadouts, make it an ordinance drop
> Start listening to the Competitive Community more and The Casual Community less 343, Theres a reason there was about 56,000 on h4 last Saturday night

Not every competitive player has the same views by the way.
Also they listen to everyone it isn’t one sided. Why take something out of loadouts that people love to use. AC is fine in loadouts and if you have a problem with it then there is nothing you can do.

Add pro Varients in non-pro playlists, and add more forged maps.

> Add pro Varients in non-pro playlists, and add more forged maps.

I’d settle for non AA and/or non PO varients, but pro variets would be cool too. At lest one new forge map would be sick as well.

> 1- Take out camo from loadouts, make it a Powerup or an Ordinance drop
> 2- Take out Jetpack from loadouts, make it an ordinance drop
> Start listening to the Competitive Community more and The Casual Community less 343, Theres a reason there was about 56,000 on h4 last Saturday night

Just wanted to correct something, 56k was definitely not the peak population. I don’t know how much exactly but it was definitely over 60k when I was playing. I hate it when people are slightly off with their info. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry I disagree I don’t want H4 to be H3 but with better graphics. H3 was fun back in 2007 but its time to move on. H4 is pretty damn good the way it is. If anything maybe, and I mean maybe, tweak the DMR. Other than that, game is fine the way it is.

> 1- Take out camo from loadouts, make it a Powerup or an Ordinance drop
> 2- Take out Jetpack from loadouts, make it an ordinance drop
> Start listening to the Competitive Community more and The Casual Community less 343, Theres a reason there was about 56,000 on h4 last Saturday night

Typical competitive players. Get their own playlist with certain changes, want to change the rest of the playlists for everyone.

“Give a mouse a cookie, he’ll want milk. Give a mouse some milk, he’ll want a bedtime story”