Next Spring is too long for an update

Hey guys, so obviously everyone knows that 343 has decided to give MCC an update sometime next spring. This was great news for me and most if not all of you too I’m sure. While I’m excited that this game is finally getting the fix it deserves, the fact that we have to wait makes me believe that by the time they do get a patch out, that this game will be too dead anyways. Even know there aren’t a lot of people playing and with Xbox One X coming out soon do you guys think 343 will release any small patches or anything beforehand?

> 2533274894190230;1:
> Hey guys, so obviously everyone knows that 343 has decided to give MCC an update sometime next spring. This was great news for me and most if not all of you too I’m sure. While I’m excited that this game is finally getting the fix it deserves, the fact that we have to wait makes me believe that by the time they do get a patch out, that this game will be too dead anyways. Even know there aren’t a lot of people playing and with Xbox One X coming out soon do you guys think 343 will release any small patches or anything beforehand?

It’s doubtful anything will come before next Spring.There’s no reason for there to be either since it seems everything is getting a massive overhaul. I doubt the MCC player base is going to go downhill if people are still playing 3 years later what’s another 6 month wait time? In fact I’ve seen an uptick in my friends list of 700 going back to the MCC since last week when 343 delivered on their promise to fix the MCC.

The damage to 343’s reputation for neglecting the MCC’s problems has already been done. Trying to get this update out sooner won’t change that. If they’re working on an update that will take this much time, then it’s my hope that it will overhaul the game and root out at least all but the most minor bugs. I hate to sound pessimistic, but I would hope for the best while expecting the worst. I’d love to believe that the MCC will be repaired, and I sure hope it does, but I don’t want to set my expectations high if they could get knocked down by disappointment. We’ll just have to wait and see if they deliver.

> 2533274978553590;3:
> The damage to 343’s reputation for neglecting the MCC’s problems has already been done. Trying to get this update out sooner won’t change that. If they’re working on an update that will take this much time, then it’s my hope that it will overhaul the game and root out at least all but the most minor bugs. I hate to sound pessimistic, but I would hope for the best while expecting the worst. I’d love to believe that the MCC will be repaired, and I sure hope it does, but I don’t want to set my expectations high if they could get knocked down by disappointment. We’ll just have to wait and see if they deliver.

I can agree with that. I’m not getting my hopes up too high either, and hopefully since they will be taking so much time on it that it will come out “fixed” or at least better than it was. Well it would be nice to get a fix sooner I’d rather wait if it means it gets done right.

Its messed up itll just get a slight spike and go right back down

343 is finally really doing something about this game. I would rather wait for a quality update than have them rush to shove out another piece of garbage.

I Haven’t played MCC in like 8 months, i don’t remember tbh. If 343 updates the game and fix it i would be happy to play again a lot of mcc.

I’m grateful for its getting fixed, but I am disappointed that they’re fixing it now when they had 3 years to do so

There’s no reason to rush it. Also, with the 4k updates and H5 fall update incoming, I see this as a sign that they’re attempting to tide us over until Q3/4 2019. We won’t be seeing Halo 6 next year.

As others have said, I would rather 343i takes its time releasing an update and doesn’t throw it out the door in an unstable state.

> 2533274978553590;3:
> The damage to 343’s reputation for neglecting the MCC’s problems has already been done. Trying to get this update out sooner won’t change that. If they’re working on an update that will take this much time, then it’s my hope that it will overhaul the game and root out at least all but the most minor bugs. I hate to sound pessimistic, but I would hope for the best while expecting the worst. I’d love to believe that the MCC will be repaired, and I sure hope it does, but I don’t want to set my expectations high if they could get knocked down by disappointment. We’ll just have to wait and see if they deliver.

I think a heavy dose of pessimism is exactly what we need with 343i.

We’re 4 games in, and even things like the 2 remasters/remakes, which should be lovingly crafted, have been botched. I mean, we can argue all day whether or not 343i care, but either way, the quality of the products they deliver is severely lacking. That is an outright fact at this point.

Patience is a virtue. We should be grateful that 343 is coming back to work on MCC. This kind of thing is unheard of. A company to go back and work on a previous game from over three years ago. That just doesn’t happen.

Spring 2018 is good. Plenty of time to focus on fixing MCC. Once it’s fixed, that’ll be the only game I play for a long time.

Don’t rush, do it properly.

> 2546678360738636;12:
> Patience is a virtue. We should be grateful that 343 is coming back to work on MCC. This kind of thing is unheard of. A company to go back and work on a previous game from over three years ago. That just doesn’t happen.
>
> Spring 2018 is good. Plenty of time to focus on fixing MCC. Once it’s fixed, that’ll be the only game I play for a long time.

You’re right, it is unheard of. But you sounds like 343i are doing it out of the goodness of their heart, when in fact they’re only doing it because of the “upgrade” for the Xbox One X (which will be barely noticeable), increased interest in H3 because of the BC release, and because it’s another anniversary of a real Halo game. If it wasn’t for any of these events, I would guarantee you wouldn’t be hearing a sniff from this garbage company. Kind of like how they gave some half-hearted comment about having a team still working on MCC 6 months or so back, then completely refused to even acknowledge their own game since.

They’re only doing it for themselves.

did they finally realize how much they hurt their brand by not doing anything with the MCC. and why start working on the fix now? they could have been working on something even when H5 launched. but they dont really care about the community. and this proves it! H5 releases and they abandon MCC that day, to only look back 3 years later and think to themselves oops! im not going to say i wont play it (because i already have the game) but when will the community really open their eyes to see they dont care about us. they only say they do.

i love playing halo. its a game i grew up on and its a series i still love to play over and over again. but 343 has taken this increadible gift and just dropped the ball in so many ways. and every time i try to give them a chance, they still cant get it right. all of their games have bugs in them. including their pride and joy of H5 and that game has now been out for over 2 years and there are still problems with it. when did we as gamers become ok with games just functioning enough we can play? seriously! if you went somewhere else and paid them the full price for their product and the product was defective wouldnt you want your money back or for them to make it right?

my point here is that it shouldnt take 3 years to finally fix this game. and when they release the patch who knows if the game will even be fixed? if i was a betting man, i would bet the house that the game still wont be fully fixed come spring time.

“Why did they start now?” Keeps being asked. Read Frankie’s post on these very forums. And then shut up.

> 2535436510464872;16:
> “Why did they start now?” Keeps being asked. Read Frankie’s post on these very forums. And then shut up.

No need to tell someone to shut up. Maybe the person didn’t read Frankies post. Act more positive and maybe share the link of Frankie’s post to the person instead. Two I’m perfectly fine with waiting until Spring so 343 can get it right and I’m sure most people on this thread are to. People are just excited that the MCC is getting fixed and can’t wait until Spring it’s the same with anything a person is excited for and they have to wait until the thing their excited for happens.

It’s better than nothing at least.

If we need to wait until spring for this game to finally be what it was supposed to be then so be it. There is no point in rushing it out now.

> 2710872097142413;17:
> > 2535436510464872;16:
> > “Why did they start now?” Keeps being asked. Read Frankie’s post on these very forums. And then shut up.
>
> No need to tell someone to shut up. Maybe the person didn’t read Frankies post. Act more positive and maybe share the link of Frankie’s post to the person instead. Two I’m perfectly fine with waiting until Spring so 343 can get it right and I’m sure most people on this thread are to. People are just excited that the MCC is getting fixed and can’t wait until Spring it’s the same with anything a person is excited for and they have to wait until the thing their excited for happens.

You’re right, sorry about that.