Next map pack new or remakes?

So the Castle Map Pack is the last map pack in the War Games Map Pass. But no one has said anything about another map pass or just further individual map packs. So my question is simple. Given that there will be another map pack ( hypothetically, 3 maps), would you rather they be all new or all remakes?

I’m not going to argue about what the remakes would be because everyone has differing opinions and that argument would go on all day. Just in general. New maps or 3 remakes?

I would personally prefer some remakes. The game launched with only 1 remake and all other new maps. We now have like one (one?) forge remake in matchmaking. As much as I love new maps, at this point I could do with some familiar, nostalgic fun.

What do you think?

New maps! Always new maps.

Ragnarok is weird.

New maps are more interesting.

How about this
2 new completely original maps and 1 classic map

343’s dlc team pre-make the map packs before release, they won’t plan on making anymore dlc.

> 343’s dlc team pre-make the map packs before release, they won’t plan on making anymore dlc.

1. No. 343 didn’t even make any of the DLC. Certain Affinity did. And they start on them after the game goes gold and work on them up until close to the map pack’s release. They don’t “pre make” them before the game comes out.

2. You have absolutely no basis in thinking they aren’t doing anymore dlc. I’m not saying they are for sure but since they haven’t said they’re done, you have no reason to think they are.

Just stop making maps all together.

Where is the Lockout remake? Is there any good reason to withhold it?

> Where is the Lockout remake? Is there any good reason to withhold it?

Withhold it? You mean the forge one that’s currently in matchmaking?

my mistake then

edit: I really need to keep up with my Halo 4 complaint list. The return of MultiTeam and the Red X have thrown off all my pointless complaining.

> my mistake then
>
> edit: I really need to keep up with my Halo 4 complaint list. The return of MultiTeam and the Red X have thrown off all my pointless complaining.

In your defense, I don’t think it’s in Team Slayer and a ton of other playlists. The only playlists I’ve ever gotten it in are Throwdown and Swat. And maybe snipers.

Edit: Yup. Just looked it up and it’s only in those three playlists. Why no objective/team slayer/ctf/action sack?

I would be happy with 2 new maps and 1 remake.

Honestly I only really really really really really really really really really really really really really want remakes of

Blood Gultch (not hemmorrage or coagulation they were horrid remakes)

Sidewinder

Danger canyon

timberland

I just REALLY want a remake of High Ground. That was the quintessential Halo 3 map for me. One flag on that map was my favorite experience in Halo 3. I guess we still do need 1 flag back though…

> > 343’s dlc team pre-make the map packs before release, they won’t plan on making anymore dlc.
>
> 1. No. 343 didn’t even make any of the DLC. Certain Affinity did. And they start on them after the game goes gold and work on them up until close to the map pack’s release. They don’t “pre make” them before the game comes out.

They had the dates set along with concept art leaked with names and descriptions of the maps about a month and a half before release.

They were pre made. If they weren’t they wouldn’t have added all these big maps that they designed to work with 4v4 and 5v5 gameplay. They would have addressed the problem of big maps in the DLC besides the one map pack.

In other words they didn’t wait to see what was needed in terms of maps. They just went with it.

> > > 343’s dlc team pre-make the map packs before release, they won’t plan on making anymore dlc.
> >
> > 1. No. 343 didn’t even make any of the DLC. Certain Affinity did. And they start on them after the game goes gold and work on them up until close to the map pack’s release. They don’t “pre make” them before the game comes out.
>
> They had the dates set along with concept art leaked with names and descriptions of the maps about a month and a half before release.
>
> They were pre made. If they weren’t they wouldn’t have added all these big maps that they designed to work with 4v4 and 5v5 gameplay. They would have addressed the problem of big maps in the DLC besides the one map pack.
>
> In other words they didn’t wait to see what was needed in terms of maps. They just went with it.

quite fitting that BTB is the largest play list and most maps are suited for it… interesting indeed.

If they make another map pack with remakes, it should be free. Not enough people pay for the DLC to get it often in matchmaking. If it was free, then everyone would have it.

New maps all the ways, remakes are getting boring, the same maps since Halo 3,
If 343i brings back, Wizard or another map from Halo PC or CE i will buy them.

> > > 343’s dlc team pre-make the map packs before release, they won’t plan on making anymore dlc.
> >
> > 1. No. 343 didn’t even make any of the DLC. Certain Affinity did. And they start on them after the game goes gold and work on them up until close to the map pack’s release. They don’t “pre make” them before the game comes out.
>
> They had the dates set along with concept art leaked with names and descriptions of the maps about a month and a half before release.
>
> They were pre made. If they weren’t they wouldn’t have added all these big maps that they designed to work with 4v4 and 5v5 gameplay. They would have addressed the problem of big maps in the DLC besides the one map pack.
>
> In other words they didn’t wait to see what was needed in terms of maps. They just went with it.

They had them pre-planned but not made. It takes a long time and several different stages of production to make a map. That’s why they showed off concept art and not screen shots. They still worked on them after the game’s release. Actually read my post instead of telling me I’m wrong and then repeating what I just said.