Next Map Pack: More of the same, please!

After playing almost a solid 12 hours of the Defiant Map Pack today, I can safely say that they are the best set of maps to hit Halo Reach, and that includes on-disk and Noble. When you make the next map pack, or hell, next Halo game, PLEASE keep up this level of quality!

Highlands is a PERFECT BTB map, and I only wish it would show up in BTB a little more. The long lines of sight mixed with mid-range base fights is just pure win. There is no dominant strategy that you can’t bust, and pushing for objectives requires real teamwork and more than a little vehicle prowess! By FAR my favorite 2-Flag map in Reach!

Condemned is a brilliant cqc/mid-range map. It’s big, not a Big Team Map, yet it doesn’t play like a tiny Arena map like Midship. The mid to close-range combat is near perfect, and I absolutely love the circular layout of the whole thing. Reminds me of Rat Race, Terminal, and Cold Storage. I love playing objective games on this, and it has to be my absolute favorite so far for 1 Flag!

Unearthed brings Firefight exactly what it needed: A map actually built for Firefight. I love the teamwork required now, whereas before you could just hole up and pretty much win. Rocket hog? Yeah, I would have preferred a chaingun or gauss, but the rockets are nice =D.

My only complaint with the two multiplayer maps is that the power weapons seem to be a little…much. Tone down the sheer amount of power weapons in an update and you’ll have it nailed. These maps are brilliant, and as a long time Halo fan I’m thrilled to have some of that old-school Halo feel back in Reach. It’s something Reach has been missing since launch, and I can’t wait to see what you guys do next.

Keep up this level of quality, 343, and you have my complete confidence in your next Halo title.

while i loved both map packs so far, i would like an Invasion map pack. there are only 3 invasion maps and one never shows up unless everyone has the noble map pack.

I love these maps. They do some tweaks to the weapon locations/spawn time and they have pure gold. I understand some people’s complaints about the background trees in Highlands and other visuals. I don’t mind that as much because of how much fun I am having with the new DLC.
Please 343 try to repeat the fun factor in all your new projects. Thanks!!

I’ll go with another Invasion map. I’m grateful for what we’ve gotten though. 2 DLCs within 6 months of release. To which 5 maps were added to the overall MP, 1 being in Invasion. And 1 map for Firefight. I don’t think it’s much to ask for.

Now an expansion campaign via disc or DLC… the trifecta :wink:

Wish list in order

1. Standoff
  2. Invasion maps
  3. Campaign DLC
  4. Firefight
  5. Multiplayer maps
  6. Forge maps

i want me headlong and a lockout style map… oh wait… AA wouldnt work on lockout.

I’m going to have to disagree with you there. Weapon spawn issues (both placement and timers) aside, I think they’re good but not great (though its really hard to evaluate when both teams are saturated with power weapons).

Highlands should be the best BTB map in Reach, but I find that the imbalance between the lines of sight from the team bases concentrates too much of the action on blue (I think its blue) side.

Condemned is a lot of fun if you’re in a game with people smart enough to avoid the middle low grav area. Though, the action is very one dimensional since the lines of sight from one room to the next are limited to the connecting doorways. This reduces all gameplay to room by room breach and clear, which can be fun, but gets monotonous after a while.

Unearthed is just ok, and really just adds to the list of firefight maps I’ll be vetoing to get to Courtyard, Beachhead, or Holdout (personally, I’m not a fan of FF maps mixed with MM DLC, if you’re going to do FF DLC, either do a dedicated pack or let people buy the maps individually, don’t force people to pay for a map in a gametype they don’t want).

I for one would much rather have simple symmetrical arena style MM maps (like The Pit or Prisoner) which emphasize gameplay instead of skybox aesthetics.

My personal wishlist:

1: Some mid-sized competitive maps like; the pit, guardian. With no low-grav rooms

2: New forge world; perhaps covenant themed or reach as its being glassed

Can’t think of everything right now but mainly those two. I know you can make us proud 343i

I thought I wouldn’t like the firefight map but I absolutely love this map pack. 343i knows what they are doing.

I just got the map packs last night and I gotta say I like 2 of the defiant maps (I have been unable to play on the last map as no one votes for it). The firefight map is good times and I plan to play on it a lot as I am a big fan of firefight. I was unable to play a game on condemned though so I just ran around checking it out. Maybe I can find some people here who wants to play some customs sometime. :wink:

The map pack was definately fantastic. I would agree with OP that the power weapons were a little much, but besides that small detail they’re fantastic. I really hope the same group works on the next dlc.

Highlands is cool, but please not another space hanger type map. Countdown, Anchor 9, Condemned… the theme has been used enough. Need a good covey map. Enough with the low gravity. It has been done enough as well.

I think another map pack with 4 maps would be good. 2 for multiplayer, 1 for FF and 1 for Invasion. I’d even pay more to have that.

And I agree to the level of quality for the Defiant maps. Lots of people complain about the graphics and how they are basically copy and paste, but really, you don’t stop and stare at the trees when you are playing, so who cares?

Haven’t yet got the new map pack, I will when I have the money however. I’d like to see more maps per pack e.g. 4 or 5 maps per pack. But i’m grateful that you’re bringing out map pack eitherway. Keep up the great work, 343!

> I think another map pack with 4 maps would be good. 2 for multiplayer, 1 for FF and 1 for Invasion. I’d even pay more to have that.
>
> And I agree to the level of quality for the Defiant maps. Lots of people complain about the graphics and how they are basically copy and paste, but really, you don’t stop and stare at the trees when you are playing, so who cares?

Actually I do, to gaze at the beautiful world of Reach, if it ain’t beautiful it ain’t worth playing on! I agree, id gladly pay for 2 multiplayer, one invasion, but still nono on Fire Fight, but at least they can make everyone happy!

I would like to have something like i dont know… like 4 maps for 800 Microsoft Points (Not possible if you think about it) and you guys should do a map on New Alexandria

I’m hoping for an awesome covenant or flood inspired level something close to backwash’s weird feel. The gargoyles were awesome and so was the green mist/fog. That or a desert themed level thats based on a competitive map for 4v4 gameplay. Something dark and in the depths of planet Reach.

> while i loved both map packs so far, i would like an Invasion map pack. there are only 3 invasion maps and one never shows up unless everyone has the noble map pack.

We need more BTB maps first >.> There’s like 2 … Unless you count the crummy forged ones :confused:

Something in the dark parts of Reach, like a swamp!

> Something in the dark parts of Reach, like a swamp!

Oh no not Backwash…J/k