Next Map Pack Idea

Over the past 8 years or so since Halo 2 all the games have had DLC remakes of older maps. I belive sine the plug has been pulled on halo 2 it is time to bring back one of the most amazing maps in the Halo franchise (Behind Blood Gulch of course). I believe that AA would work nicely on the map with a few modifications so the jetpack doesn’t become a strongpoint. For example Jet pack would make it much quicker to reach balcanies etc. Sprint would help to move through the buildings and across the middle of the map nicely. (Evade likewise) Armor lock would be nice since it is a somewhat vehcile orentated map. The drop shield works nice in objective gametypes which is what Headlong is all about. Camo would work nice in the buildings to rack up assasinations from unexpecting visitors. Finally there is the hologram and well the hologram is just there. Headlong was a great map and I know some of you at 343 had worked on it so it’s time to bring it back for another spin.

P.S. If you do bring it back don’t forget the never ending pit of doom.

Headlong, Standoff and an original would be the best map pack ever!

It’d be great as a free DLC map! Sort of what Bungie did for the remake of Chill Out!

Yeah dude your right the next map is always free so they should make Headlong as that map. They could base it after the battle of reach and they are rebuilding New Alxendria or another city for all I care. Or they could base it off in the war and the covenant had just envaded the city and it is half destroyed. You know something along the lines as that as long as it feels and still looks similar to Headlong I’m cool.

I agree, boy do i miss the halo 2 Online days. The glitches and such where what made this game so fun to play with others. Nothing beats Halo 2 zombies on foundation, Nor Tower of Power on Ascension(Pinnacle) not even cant and mouse on coagulation. I do however have a gametype and map for cat and mouse, i was playing it last night with some people from waypoint and friends and we where actually having a blast! But yes Bring back headlong! it was fun playing zombies here and super jumping onto the crane and trying to do the X building bounce. and also slayer :D.

> I agree, boy do i miss the halo 2 Online days. The glitches and such where what made this game so fun to play with others. Nothing beats Halo 2 zombies on foundation, Nor Tower of Power on Ascension(Pinnacle) not even cant and mouse on coagulation. I do however have a gametype and map for cat and mouse, i was playing it last night with some people from waypoint and friends and we where actually having a blast! But yes Bring back headlong! it was fun playing zombies here and super jumping onto the crane and trying to do the X building bounce. and also slayer :D.

I know man and with bungie brining alpha zombie back (FINALLY) it would be the perfect time. Headlong was the best for objective gametypes and I am a big objective guy and Halo Reach could really use some real objective maps that can also support BTB and Team Slayer

I’d love to see Headlong back, but hate if it was completely white like Boardwalk. There’s something about that tone that offends me, it feels too much like Star Wars for me, but that’s just my personal opinion.

The tone of New Alexandria in the Campaign mission of the same name would be much more befitting of Headlong than all that white. So how about a nice and ruined, scorched grey? Anyone agree?

Either that or just bring back New Mombasa. I love New Mombasa! xD

Hemorrhage is on a Halo ring and Tempest has other Forerunner structure. So the map doesn’t have to be on Reach.

> I’d love to see Headlong back, but hate if it was completely white like Boardwalk. There’s something about that tone that offends me, it feels too much like Star Wars for me, but that’s just my personal opinion.
>
> The tone of New Alexandria in the Campaign mission of the same name would be much more befitting of Headlong than all that white. So how about a nice and ruined, scorched grey? Anyone agree?
>
> Either that or just bring back New Mombasa. I love New Mombasa! xD
>
> Hemorrhage is on a Halo ring and Tempest has other Forerunner structure. So the map doesn’t have to be on Reach.

Yeah they could base it after the covenant invaded the city and its rusty and parts of the outside of the map could have burning cities with a cruiser flying away over the water.

OK, we get it, you like Headlong. Enough.

YES! Headlong was amazing. It would work great with AA’s

If headlong does come back please 343, make a forge palette for it.

Yeah make it a forgeable city so we can make all are favorite city maps

> If headlong does come back please 343, make a forge palette for it.

Oh wow… I’ve always wanted a UNSC/human city themed Forge palette. You could make all kinds of things. There should be dumbsters and pallets and barricades. Just imagine the Infection and Invasion maps that could be made.

> > If headlong does come back please 343, make a forge palette for it.
>
> Oh wow… I’ve always wanted a UNSC/human city themed Forge palette. You could make all kinds of things. There should be dumbsters and pallets and barricades. Just imagine the Infection and Invasion maps that could be made.

I know right.
I dont know if you played Omega Journey in Halo 3 but you could make some pretty sick maps, but they would have to put in jersey barriers and pallets and other movable objects.

Ok so Halo always has three maps in there DLC packs some I’m going to right down my map pack idea with three maps.
Below comment on what you think or if it should be something different.

1. Remake-Headlong:
    A remake of the dearly beloved Headlong. this would be great because Reach lacks great asymettrical maps especcially for objective. This map is one of my favorite in all the series and I would love to see it have a comeback. I think the setting should be placed right after the covenant invasion through New Alexandra. The city could be half destroyed instead of being half built like in halo 2. The color could be rusty and there could be fire in the background of the city. Just keep the good Headlong look their.

2. Forgable Map:
    I think we need another forgable map like Sandbox with an outside map that I think should be Snowy and a crypt under it. Nothing large like forgeworld but a midsize map maybe a remake of Containment. Maybe you could make Ice rocks instead of like rocks for the hill in the middle of the map. Or maybe even rocks with snow on it. Then you could put a rock over the whole in the middle of the mad like they did in Sandbox that would lead to the crypt. Keep all the items there is in forge world but change the color and texture slightly so it feels new and add basic things like jersey barriers and pallets and those open boxes like they had on foundary. Also maybe you could add a few new things for suprise.

3. New Creation:
    This should be a small slayer map built for competitive players that would show up in team slayer, MLG, Arena, Doubles, Swat and maybe objective. Maybe something a little bit bigger then what Derelict would be. So your always in the action but there are safe areas to spawn. We just need a new enviornment that is competitive. Maybe you can base it off the first campaign level. Your in the base at the end of the mission and…well you guys can help me out from there, but maybe the map should have switches that makes something move that would change the gameplay.

So what do you guys think comment please

YES! a headlong remake would be amazing.
i don’t know about all of you, but i’d also like to see a backwash remake.

headlong remake - amazing.
i agree.

the forge map - another good idea.

the last one - good idea… but please don’t base it on the campaign.
im tired of the maps that were blatantly ripped from the campaign. or the campaign being built from the maps (which i think was a lie)
i want something original. i want a CQC map. small, maybe medium. but big enough to move around. like the pitt.

> Ok so Halo always has three maps in there DLC packs some I’m going to right down my map pack idea with three maps.
> Below comment on what you think or if it should be something different.
>
> 1. Remake-Headlong:
> A remake of the dearly beloved Headlong. this would be great because Reach lacks great asymettrical maps especcially for objective. This map is one of my favorite in all the series and I would love to see it have a comeback. I think the setting should be placed right after the covenant invasion through New Alexandra. The city could be half destroyed instead of being half built like in halo 2. The color could be rusty and there could be fire in the background of the city. Just keep the good Headlong look their.
>
> 2. Forgable Map:
> I think we need another forgable map like Sandbox with an outside map that I think should be Snowy and a crypt under it. Nothing large like forgeworld but a midsize map maybe a remake of Containment. Maybe you could make Ice rocks instead of like rocks for the hill in the middle of the map. Or maybe even rocks with snow on it. Then you could put a rock over the whole in the middle of the mad like they did in Sandbox that would lead to the crypt. Keep all the items there is in forge world but change the color and texture slightly so it feels new and add basic things like jersey barriers and pallets and those open boxes like they had on foundary. Also maybe you could add a few new things for suprise.
>
> 3. New Creation:
> This should be a small slayer map built for competitive players that would show up in team slayer, MLG, Arena, Doubles, Swat and maybe objective. Maybe something a little bit bigger then what Derelict would be. So your always in the action but there are safe areas to spawn. We just need a new enviornment that is competitive. Maybe you can base it off the first campaign level. Your in the base at the end of the mission and…well you guys can help me out from there, but maybe the map should have switches that makes something move that would change the gameplay.
>
> So what do you guys think comment please

Agree 100 %. Especially with the headlong idea!