Next Halo ideas and expectations

Hi there, I just wanted to share with you guys some of mine and some friends ideas and expectations from next Halo. I think we all agree that the next Halo needs to be better than Halo 4. So post here some of your best ideas and expectations or comment the ones you like the most. :smiley:

CAMPAIGN

路Elites included as allies to UNSC, arbiter should be back.
路A better story and better detailed.
路The classic trilogy soundtrack.
路Recollecting skulls throughout campaign
路More easter eggs and better ones
路A better ending mission like the seen in Halo 3 or Halo CE

GENERAL

路More weapons and vehicles, bring back all the created untill now, with a nice group of new ones.
路Certain grade of map destruction
路Better animations at the moment of destroying vehicles
路More assassinations animations
路Bring back dual-wield
路A bigger variety of armor abilities
路Bring back the classic menu
路Different loading screens with gameplay tips, curious data, etc.
路A better launch trailer
路Bring back Firefight gamemode
路The option to rate maps and gametypes
路Several improvements to the file share system and make sure it is available from launch
路Better browsing for community content

MULTIPLAYER

路More maps, even bring back some of the franchise麓s classics.
路Get rid of perks and remplace them with something like 鈥淎rmor Improvements鈥 giving special benefits when wearing certain armor. Such as reduced fall damage, sprint speed, regeneration of shield, reduced explosion damage, etc.
路No ordenance calling.
路More playlists, bring back many of them , all available at launch.
路A serious list of ranks, go back to the Halo 3 or Reach ranks adding new and original ones. A 鈥淢aster chief鈥 or 鈥淎rbiter鈥 ranks would be great.
路Give floods the ability to wield actual weapons
路Bring back option 鈥渘one of these鈥 when voting maps and also the option of changing your vote
路The option to use an elite or brute as playable characters in multiplayer matches
路More skins for armor and weapons
路Get rid of custom load-outs
路Come back to credits system or only unlock things by leveling up
路Massive multiplayer matches, supporting 32vs32 and battles involving scarabs

FORGE

路Allow us to set AIs in forge.
路Ability of forging maps for Firefight.
路A laser to write things down on any structure, or instructions
路The ability to change the size of some objects.
路Give a 鈥渉ardness鈥 property in case the destruction of map is implemented.
路 鈥淔orge World 2.0鈥 Create a gigantic map with different weathers and biomes.
路 A new object to set the 鈥渕ap image鈥. This image should be placed to identify the map when selected, showing a picture of it.
路More natural structures to make a totally different enviroment
路Add 鈥渂ehaviors鈥 to certain objects, so we can make them to do something considering other parameters. For example, make a tree fall on you if you get too close

Halo 5 ideas:

1. Allow players to be able to play as any of the covenant or as any promethean.
  2. Allow for an A.I system to be set up for forge and custom games where players can create their own missions or crazy battlefields.
  3. Allow the players to be able to plant spawn points of incoming covenant forces ( combine halo reach firefight with halos forge capabilities)
  4. Add larger forge maps and not just forrunner buildings and building materials but also human and covenant.
  5. For invasion make it a 32 player gametype 16 players per team and allow for players to be able to play as any form of covenant, marine, ODST, or Spartan, or any form of promethean.
  6. Add a gametype called covenant mode or promethean mode to where the player can play as any for of covenant or promethean against spartans ( which would be the bosses) or marine squadrons.
  7. Please bring back Firefight capabilities for halo 5 as well.
  8. Bring back the brutes.
  9. Allow us to fly a pelican or dropship in custom games
  10. Allow the flood to be in firefight

Weapon ideas:

1. Promethean bow
  2. Promethean staff or sword
  3. Plasma repeater and plasma cannon
  4. Bring back grenade launcher but allow it to act like sticky detonator when it comes to detonation. ( detonate by command or by set amount of time.)

Vehicles: (allow players to use these vehicles in forge and other game modes)

1. Falcon
  2. Pelican
  3. Hornet
  4. Covenant dropship
  5. Promethean anti-air turret
  6. Revenant
  7. Brute Chopper
  8. Broadsword or longsword

Forge map ideas:

1. Humongous jungle
  2. Gigantic desert with strange glowing crystalline structures.
  3. Near a covenant harvester
  4. Huge city that allows players to go into the buildings and to go through the floors. (New Alexandria is a perfect example.)
  5. Add skyscrapers that players can go into and explore the different floors. Allow for a fight to go on through an entire city.
  6. Allow buildings to be destroyed if the sustain a certain amount of damage.

When entering into the battlefield have it look like they are being hot dropped into battle or dropped off by a pelican or dropship.

These are just a few ideas I鈥檇 like to see in the game especially where players can play as prometheans or Covenant.

I鈥檓 sure if you were able to do these few things for halo 5 you would gain more support for the game and more followers.

hi. i think in capture the flag on halo 5 u should be able to throw the flag at enemys like a spear, run pass and pull it out of their corpse. I also think you should be able to throw the flag to teammates spear-like javelin-style, into walls,vehicles spokes,anywhere.

I hope there鈥檚 a huge battles in the mulitplayer, i would like massive maps lots of players loads of vehicles a real sense of war huge scale battles that could last days it would have to be in its own playlist. Its never been seen i dnt think. most of what the story behind halos mulitiplayer is holo-deck simulator this really limits the mulitiplayer to short confined battles on largeish maps keeping score first team to 1000 wins like some gameshow why cant we play halo on huge bf3 style maps against something other than red or blue spartans? they just take the easy way out to explain why these mulitiplayer games exsit and say its a 鈥渉olo-deck鈥 we dont need that explanation. we need epic battles against different sides/alien races not red v blue spartans constantly think spartans verses some alien race in bigteam online, throw some more different alienraces into this epic big team battle mode each with its own vehicle tech ground/air giving us more than just 2 sides to pick from. halo 4 playlists are chopping and dicing the whole community into fine seperate gamemodes. its fun to tryout different modes sometimes but is dividing the community into that many game modes really healthy. I could be me mad but cant most of these gamemodes play within a massive larger that large epic bigteam battle. SO in this halo5 bigteamslayer mode you would have more than 2 sides to choose from huge landscape. like ETQW in the sence where each side is a different alien race and has their own tech to use but in the halo universe.

Wow using all the covenant species in a type of 鈥淏east mode鈥 from GoW is a really good idea. And seems like we all agree of massive multiplayer matches, lets hope 343 to read this :smiley:

> FORGE
>
> 路Allow us to set AIs in forge.
> 路Ability of forging maps for Firefight.
> 路A laser to write things down on any structure, or instructions
> 路The ability to change the size of some objects.
> 路Give a 鈥渉ardness鈥 property in case the destruction of map is implemented.
> 路 鈥淔orge World 2.0鈥 Create a gigantic map with different weathers and biomes.
> 路 A new object to set the 鈥渕ap image鈥. This image should be placed to identify the map when selected, showing a picture of it.
> 路More natural structures to make a totally different enviroment
> 路Add 鈥渂ehaviors鈥 to certain objects, so we can make them to do something considering other parameters. For example, make a tree fall on you if you get too close

• As much as I would love to be able to set AIs/Bots into Forge Maps, the process in doing so is far more complicated than it seems and than it鈥檚 worth.

• Firefight Forging would be nice, but it would still be far too complicated to create a UI for it.

• The ability to engrave into objects鈥 That is one damn good idea. But I could see potential problems with people drawling explicit images on them.

• The ability to resize objects would certainly be a fair bargain, I cannot express how many hours I鈥檝e spent making the floors of my maps with Wall Colosseums.

• With objects such as Pallets or Fusion Cores, it would be very helpful to control their durability.

• I think I鈥檇 prefer 3 Forge Maps at launch, but also the ability to change the map鈥檚 environmental features (weather, time of day, etc)

• A Terrain Palette would be very helpful, I deeply desire the ability to create a full natural environments with a variety of rock formations, plant life, and even bodies of water.

• It鈥檚 actually possible to give objects dynamic properties if you mess with their advanced traits.

> Hi there, I just wanted to share with you guys some of mine and some friends ideas and expectations from next Halo. I think we all agree that the next Halo needs to be better than Halo 4. So post here some of your best ideas and expectations or comment the ones you like the most. :smiley:
>
>
> CAMPAIGN
>
> 路Elites included as allies to UNSC, arbiter should be back.
> 路A better story and better detailed.
> 路The classic trilogy soundtrack.
> 路Recollecting skulls throughout campaign
> 路More easter eggs and better ones
> 路A better ending mission like the seen in Halo 3 or Halo CE
>
> GENERAL
>
> 路More weapons and vehicles, bring back all the created untill now, with a nice group of new ones.
> 路Certain grade of map destruction
> 路Better animations at the moment of destroying vehicles
> 路More assassinations animations
> 路Bring back dual-wield
> 路A bigger variety of armor abilities
> 路Bring back the classic menu
> 路Different loading screens with gameplay tips, curious data, etc.
> 路A better launch trailer
> 路Bring back Firefight gamemode
> 路The option to rate maps and gametypes
> 路Several improvements to the file share system and make sure it is available from launch
> 路Better browsing for community content
>
> MULTIPLAYER
>
> 路More maps, even bring back some of the franchise麓s classics.
> <mark>路Get rid of perks and remplace them with something like 鈥淎rmor Improvements鈥 giving special benefits when wearing certain armor. Such as reduced fall damage, sprint speed, regeneration of shield, reduced explosion damage, etc.</mark>
> <mark>路No ordinance calling.</mark>
> <mark>路More playlists, bring back many of them , all available at launch.</mark>
> 路A serious list of ranks, go back to the Halo 3 or Reach ranks adding new and original ones. A 鈥淢aster chief鈥 or 鈥淎rbiter鈥 ranks would be great.
> 路Give floods the ability to wield actual weapons
> 路Bring back option 鈥渘one of these鈥 when voting maps and also the option of changing your vote
> 路The option to use an elite or brute as playable characters in multiplayer matches
> 路More skins for armor and weapons
> <mark>路Get rid of custom load-outs</mark>
> <mark>路Come back to credits system or only unlock things by leveling up</mark>
> 路Massive multiplayer matches, supporting 32vs32 and battles involving scarabs
>
> FORGE
>
> 路Allow us to set AIs in forge.
> 路Ability of forging maps for Firefight.
> 路A laser to write things down on any structure, or instructions
> 路The ability to change the size of some objects.
> 路Give a 鈥渉ardness鈥 property in case the destruction of map is implemented.
> 路 鈥淔orge World 2.0鈥 Create a gigantic map with different weathers and biomes.
> 路 A new object to set the 鈥渕ap image鈥. This image should be placed to identify the map when selected, showing a picture of it.
> 路More natural structures to make a totally different enviroment
> 路Add 鈥渂ehaviors鈥 to certain objects, so we can make them to do something considering other parameters. For example, make a tree fall on you if you get too close

I鈥檝e highlighted the things I don鈥檛 agree with.
-Ordinance should stay, but in a reduced capacity. Instead of high level power weapons, it should be a low level power weapon (SAW, Needler), a power up (Overshield, Speed Boost, Damage Boost, Active Camo - Im kinda torn on whether or not i want it as an AA) or equipment (trip mines, power drain, etc - i didnt use them much, so this isnt high on my list), and ammo for your loadout weapons

-Perks are fine by me. Not having dexterity and mobility gets annoying in Big Team Slayer battles. And these 鈥淎rmour Improvements鈥 are a horrible idea, as people would be forced to use armour they dont like to do better ingame. Eg. What if they made Ranger armour come with longer range, more sensitive motion tracker. How many people do you see wearing Ranger, because in 8 months ive seen ONE.

-Too many playlists could divide the population too much too early. Better to let people get a feel for the game before letting then spread out

-I prefer custom loadouts, because i can play my way. Im more a close assault guy, so i run around large maps with an AR. That wouldnt happen in forced loadouts, and im fairly useless with precision weapons

鈥揧oink!- the credit system. That is the bane of my existence is Reach

Looks like we are able to suggest ideas ourselves so here it goes.

Flood

The Flood model in Halo 4 just looked terrible in my opinion. I think the Flood should go back to a graphically better version of the Flood combat forms, but with spartan armor instead of normal human armor. The Flood in H:4 just look like overflowing slime creatures. The Flood can also use weapons in the Combat Form.

Campaign

Less space magic, also bring back the classic Silver blue for the forerunners. The Orange just looks terrible in my opinion.

Forge

Flying vehicles for Humans and Covenant maybe Forerunner. Also, add the Pelican and Phantoms as drivable Vehicles.

> - As much as I would love to be able to set AIs/Bots into Forge Maps, the process in doing so is far more complicated than it seems and than it鈥檚 worth.
>
> - Firefight Forging would be nice, but it would still be far too complicated to create a UI for it.
>
> - The ability to engrave into objects鈥 That is one damn good idea. But I could see potential problems with people drawling explicit images on them.
>
> - The ability to resize objects would certainly be a fair bargain, I cannot express how many hours I鈥檝e spent making the floors of my maps with Wall Colosseums.
>
> - With objects such as Pallets or Fusion Cores, it would be very helpful to control their durability.
>
> - I think I鈥檇 prefer 3 Forge Maps at launch, but also the ability to change the map鈥檚 environmental features (weather, time of day, etc)
>
> - A Terrain Palette would be very helpful, I deeply desire the ability to create a full natural environments with a variety of rock formations, plant life, and even bodies of water.
>
> - It鈥檚 actually possible to give objects dynamic properties if you mess with their advanced traits.

Actually I never thought about how hard it could be doing this, but that totally depends on 343 trying or at least considering it. The xbox one will bring many benefits to developers, lets hope it gives them the chance to realize some of this ideas. Thanks for your opinion :slight_smile:

> > Hi there, I just wanted to share with you guys some of mine and some friends ideas and expectations from next Halo. I think we all agree that the next Halo needs to be better than Halo 4. So post here some of your best ideas and expectations or comment the ones you like the most. :smiley:
> >
> >
> > CAMPAIGN
> >
> > 路Elites included as allies to UNSC, arbiter should be back.
> > 路A better story and better detailed.
> > 路The classic trilogy soundtrack.
> > 路Recollecting skulls throughout campaign
> > 路More easter eggs and better ones
> > 路A better ending mission like the seen in Halo 3 or Halo CE
> >
> > GENERAL
> >
> > 路More weapons and vehicles, bring back all the created untill now, with a nice group of new ones.
> > 路Certain grade of map destruction
> > 路Better animations at the moment of destroying vehicles
> > 路More assassinations animations
> > 路Bring back dual-wield
> > 路A bigger variety of armor abilities
> > 路Bring back the classic menu
> > 路Different loading screens with gameplay tips, curious data, etc.
> > 路A better launch trailer
> > 路Bring back Firefight gamemode
> > 路The option to rate maps and gametypes
> > 路Several improvements to the file share system and make sure it is available from launch
> > 路Better browsing for community content
> >
> > MULTIPLAYER
> >
> > 路More maps, even bring back some of the franchise麓s classics.
> > <mark>路Get rid of perks and remplace them with something like 鈥淎rmor Improvements鈥 giving special benefits when wearing certain armor. Such as reduced fall damage, sprint speed, regeneration of shield, reduced explosion damage, etc.</mark>
> > <mark>路No ordinance calling.</mark>
> > <mark>路More playlists, bring back many of them , all available at launch.</mark>
> > 路A serious list of ranks, go back to the Halo 3 or Reach ranks adding new and original ones. A 鈥淢aster chief鈥 or 鈥淎rbiter鈥 ranks would be great.
> > 路Give floods the ability to wield actual weapons
> > 路Bring back option 鈥渘one of these鈥 when voting maps and also the option of changing your vote
> > 路The option to use an elite or brute as playable characters in multiplayer matches
> > 路More skins for armor and weapons
> > <mark>路Get rid of custom load-outs</mark>
> > <mark>路Come back to credits system or only unlock things by leveling up</mark>
> > 路Massive multiplayer matches, supporting 32vs32 and battles involving scarabs
> >
> > FORGE
> >
> > 路Allow us to set AIs in forge.
> > 路Ability of forging maps for Firefight.
> > 路A laser to write things down on any structure, or instructions
> > 路The ability to change the size of some objects.
> > 路Give a 鈥渉ardness鈥 property in case the destruction of map is implemented.
> > 路 鈥淔orge World 2.0鈥 Create a gigantic map with different weathers and biomes.
> > 路 A new object to set the 鈥渕ap image鈥. This image should be placed to identify the map when selected, showing a picture of it.
> > 路More natural structures to make a totally different enviroment
> > 路Add 鈥渂ehaviors鈥 to certain objects, so we can make them to do something considering other parameters. For example, make a tree fall on you if you get too close
>
> I鈥檝e highlighted the things I don鈥檛 agree with.
> -Ordinance should stay, but in a reduced capacity. Instead of high level power weapons, it should be a low level power weapon (SAW, Needler), a power up (Overshield, Speed Boost, Damage Boost, Active Camo - Im kinda torn on whether or not i want it as an AA) or equipment (trip mines, power drain, etc - i didnt use them much, so this isnt high on my list), and ammo for your loadout weapons
>
> -Perks are fine by me. Not having dexterity and mobility gets annoying in Big Team Slayer battles. And these 鈥淎rmour Improvements鈥 are a horrible idea, as people would be forced to use armour they dont like to do better ingame. Eg. What if they made Ranger armour come with longer range, more sensitive motion tracker. How many people do you see wearing Ranger, because in 8 months ive seen ONE.
>
> -Too many playlists could divide the population too much too early. Better to let people get a feel for the game before letting then spread out
>
> -I prefer custom loadouts, because i can play my way. Im more a close assault guy, so i run around large maps with an AR. That wouldnt happen in forced loadouts, and im fairly useless with precision weapons
>
> --Yoink!- the credit system. That is the bane of my existence is Reach

You are propably right, certainly not many people would use armor they do not like. I said the loadouts thing and credits because there is a really poor list of weapons to chose from, so poor that after level 20 anyone could have all and still receive spartan points. The playlist thing is maybe right as well, but I got too bored the first day of Halo.vHowever, thanks for your reply and your feedback.

> Looks like we are able to suggest ideas ourselves so here it goes.
>
> Flood
>
> The Flood model in Halo 4 just looked terrible in my opinion. I think the Flood should go back to a graphically better version of the Flood combat forms, but with spartan armor instead of normal human armor. The Flood in H:4 just look like overflowing slime creatures. The Flood can also use weapons in the Combat Form.
>
> Campaign
>
> Less space magic, also bring back the classic Silver blue for the forerunners. The Orange just looks terrible in my opinion.
>
> Forge
>
> Flying vehicles for Humans and Covenant maybe Forerunner. Also, add the Pelican and Phantoms as drivable Vehicles.

The flood gametype is really one of the most important things 343 should fix. Half of custom games depended on infection gametype and their ability to wield weapons. And yes, I hate too the look of Halo 4 flood. I am glad you agree with me in this.

> hi. i think in capture the flag on halo 5 u should be able to throw the flag at enemys like a spear, run pass and pull it out of their corpse. I also think you should be able to throw the flag to teammates spear-like javelin-style, into walls,vehicles spokes,anywhere.
>
> I hope there鈥檚 a huge battles in the mulitplayer, i would like massive maps lots of players loads of vehicles a real sense of war huge scale battles that could last days it would have to be in its own playlist. Its never been seen i dnt think. most of what the story behind halos mulitiplayer is holo-deck simulator this really limits the mulitiplayer to short confined battles on largeish maps keeping score first team to 1000 wins like some gameshow why cant we play halo on huge bf3 style maps against something other than red or blue spartans? they just take the easy way out to explain why these mulitiplayer games exsit and say its a 鈥渉olo-deck鈥 we dont need that explanation. we need epic battles against different sides/alien races not red v blue spartans constantly think spartans verses some alien race in bigteam online, throw some more different alienraces into this epic big team battle mode each with its own vehicle tech ground/air giving us more than just 2 sides to pick from. halo 4 playlists are chopping and dicing the whole community into fine seperate gamemodes. its fun to tryout different modes sometimes but is dividing the community into that many game modes really healthy. I could be me mad but cant most of these gamemodes play within a massive larger that large epic bigteam battle. SO in this halo5 bigteamslayer mode you would have more than 2 sides to choose from huge landscape. like ETQW in the sence where each side is a different alien race and has their own tech to use but in the halo universe.

Throwing the flag as a spear sounds great and would look sick. I think though to balance it out the person it is being thrown at should have a chance to catch it if they get the timing right. I totally love your idea for huge battles with multiple sides. I hate how Halo multiplayer is limited to just spartans when there are so many great aliens we could play around with. Also I agree with more vehicles. For instance Covenant get Scarabs, ForeRunners get War Sphinxes and UNSC get Rhinos. That would be crazy to see them in a huge epic battle lol.

Here were some of my ideas:
Halo Wars:

This is a Halo multiplayer mode with massive maps and large amounts of players. There are 3 or 4 sides the UNSC, Covenant and the Flood or Prometheans.

Everybody starts out as a basic unit (Marine/Grunt/etc.) and as they gain points they can spend them to upgrade to a new unit. With points you can balance how easy it is to upgrade to certain classes and affect how pervasive they will be on the battlefield. You could even get creative and reward players extra points for playing certain classes like a grunt since they die so easily. Instead make the Jackal the standard covenant unit. Each Faction gets a command post to spawn in and spend points. Players can capture strategic locations for more respawn points/ defensive advantages/ vehicles/etc.

The cool thing about this mode is that players can experience playing as things like Hunters/Jackals/ODSTs/Flood/etc. You could still let players create load outs for each class (Spartans/ODST/Hunter/Marine/etc).

Players will get to experience Halo multi-player in a totally new way. I love playing as Spartans but what fan of Halo would want to miss playing as a Hunter/Flood/etc.? Devs should make playing a grunt feel totally different than a marine/ODST/elite/etc. Different classes can have different abilities/traits. Example: Hunters would be huge lol

You can really get creative with the gameplay and mechanics, for example the Flood. You can make them crawl on walls and jump on your backs/face. Maybe they can disengage a host before they die and try to find a new one.

This is a mode that would shine next to COD/Battlefield because it is something that can only be done in Halo.

Flood Infection:

This idea is basically a dedicated infection mode. You could create a campaign for this mode based around the 鈥淢ona Lisa鈥 story. It should be really creepy and scary. The multi-player for this mode would have 2 sides: marines and flood. Have the marines try to complete levels (usually trying to escape) and the flood try to stop them. Players can play as either side. You can also just have a death match mode that is faster paced.

The great thing about this mode is that it shows a different side of the Halo universe. It shows how rich it is and just how scary it can be. Players will get a totally different experience playing 鈥榃ar Games鈥 and 鈥楩lood Infection鈥.

For Forge we need a PC editor option. It would make building maps a lot quicker and easier imo. Also as a DLC pack I would love to see a campaign story that focused on the covenant.

> > hi. i think in capture the flag on halo 5 u should be able to throw the flag at enemys like a spear, run pass and pull it out of their corpse. I also think you should be able to throw the flag to teammates spear-like javelin-style, into walls,vehicles spokes,anywhere.
> >
> > I hope there鈥檚 a huge battles in the mulitplayer, i would like massive maps lots of players loads of vehicles a real sense of war huge scale battles that could last days it would have to be in its own playlist. Its never been seen i dnt think. most of what the story behind halos mulitiplayer is holo-deck simulator this really limits the mulitiplayer to short confined battles on largeish maps keeping score first team to 1000 wins like some gameshow why cant we play halo on huge bf3 style maps against something other than red or blue spartans? they just take the easy way out to explain why these mulitiplayer games exsit and say its a 鈥渉olo-deck鈥 we dont need that explanation. we need epic battles against different sides/alien races not red v blue spartans constantly think spartans verses some alien race in bigteam online, throw some more different alienraces into this epic big team battle mode each with its own vehicle tech ground/air giving us more than just 2 sides to pick from. halo 4 playlists are chopping and dicing the whole community into fine seperate gamemodes. its fun to tryout different modes sometimes but is dividing the community into that many game modes really healthy. I could be me mad but cant most of these gamemodes play within a massive larger that large epic bigteam battle. SO in this halo5 bigteamslayer mode you would have more than 2 sides to choose from huge landscape. like ETQW in the sence where each side is a different alien race and has their own tech to use but in the halo universe.
>
> Throwing the flag as a spear sounds great and would look sick. I think though to balance it out the person it is being thrown at should have a chance to catch it if they get the timing right. I totally love your idea for huge battles with multiple sides. I hate how Halo multiplayer is limited to just spartans when there are so many great aliens we could play around with. Also I agree with more vehicles. For instance Covenant get Scarabs, ForeRunners get War Sphinxes and UNSC get Rhinos. That would be crazy to see them in a huge epic battle lol.
>
>
> Here were some of my ideas:
> Halo Wars:
>
> This is a Halo multiplayer mode with massive maps and large amounts of players. There are 3 or 4 sides the UNSC, Covenant and the Flood or Prometheans.
>
> Everybody starts out as a basic unit (Marine/Grunt/etc.) and as they gain points they can spend them to upgrade to a new unit. With points you can balance how easy it is to upgrade to certain classes and affect how pervasive they will be on the battlefield. You could even get creative and reward players extra points for playing certain classes like a grunt since they die so easily. Instead make the Jackal the standard covenant unit. Each Faction gets a command post to spawn in and spend points. Players can capture strategic locations for more respawn points/ defensive advantages/ vehicles/etc.
>
> The cool thing about this mode is that players can experience playing as things like Hunters/Jackals/ODSTs/Flood/etc. You could still let players create load outs for each class (Spartans/ODST/Hunter/Marine/etc).
>
> Players will get to experience Halo multi-player in a totally new way. I love playing as Spartans but what fan of Halo would want to miss playing as a Hunter/Flood/etc.? Devs should make playing a grunt feel totally different than a marine/ODST/elite/etc. Different classes can have different abilities/traits. Example: Hunters would be huge lol
>
> You can really get creative with the gameplay and mechanics, for example the Flood. You can make them crawl on walls and jump on your backs/face. Maybe they can disengage a host before they die and try to find a new one.
>
> This is a mode that would shine next to COD/Battlefield because it is something that can only be done in Halo.
>
> Flood Infection:
>
> This idea is basically a dedicated infection mode. You could create a campaign for this mode based around the 鈥淢ona Lisa鈥 story. It should be really creepy and scary. The multi-player for this mode would have 2 sides: marines and flood. Have the marines try to complete levels (usually trying to escape) and the flood try to stop them. Players can play as either side. You can also just have a death match mode that is faster paced.
>
> The great thing about this mode is that it shows a different side of the Halo universe. It shows how rich it is and just how scary it can be. Players will get a totally different experience playing 鈥榃ar Games鈥 and 鈥楩lood Infection鈥.
>
>
> For Forge we need a PC editor option. It would make building maps a lot quicker and easier imo. Also as a DLC pack I would love to see a campaign story that focused on the covenant.

Yeah I would love having some of these things in matchmaking of next Halo. But sounds like and entire game for floods or using a large variety of species in multiplayer would be to much for only one game, maybe as DLCs. Still, is a good idea

For 鈥楬alo Wars鈥 they could limit the species/Factions available initially if they needed. I think that 343i is definitely big enough to pull something like this off if they wanted too. They are a big studio with multiple teams and regularly enlist help from other studios like Certain Affinity. If they made Flood Infection DLC though I would have no problem buying it. I would be happy if they just did some of the ideas people have listed here.