Next Halo game: Play as Covie Mode?

Hi all.
Since the new halo game is coming out next year, i think they should make a play as Covenant mode. It should be similar to Gears of War’s Beast mode. Basically, you start off as a really low ranked covie like a Grunt and unlock new types of Covies as you gain more points for killing UNSC soldiers. But as you unlock more types of Covenant, the UNSC gets higher ranked soldiers in (They start off as Marines but end up Spartans.) And each type of Covie has there own special power: Grunts: Suicide mode. Jackals: Sniper mode. Hunter: blood Rage. Elite: Sword mode.

What do you guys think of this idea, i dunno. It’s my first post so meh.

It’s interesting and could be fun. For humans we could have Marines, ODSTs, Spartan IVs and Spartan IIs. I would like it especially I’d it’s applicable to Flood and Prometheans aswel. Being a Flood could begin as a small infection form until you kill soneone and take their body, then you could become an exploding popcorn, a normal combat form and a number of pure forms. Prometheans would just be Prometheans. Imagine how fun it could be to fly around as a Watcher or to climb up walls as a Crawler. It could be great!

Great idea I’m 100% behind a game mode that plays with other races. It would be interesting to see how Spartan and Marine AI fight against you.

i played beast mode in gears and always thought it would be fun if halo did a mode like this. they started with firefight vs but never reached what it could’ve been.

I could see this game as being an Arcade game, sort of like Far Cry 3:Blood Dragon.

But it would be better if this would be available in the next Halo game.

> I could see this game as being an Arcade game, sort of like Far Cry 3:Blood Dragon.
>
> But it would be better if this would be available in the next Halo game.

I would totally buy it.

No, it should focus on the Chief these next games, as intended.

> No, it should focus on the Chief these next games, as intended.

It’s not for campaign its like the beast mode in GOW3

100% behind this. It sounds fun.

Would love this.

While it would certainly be fun, I think 343i should focus on trying to innovate rather than imitate when it comes to the future of Halo games. Ever since Halo started taking ideas from other franchises, people have started to dislike the games and stop playing them.

Like I said, it’s a fun idea, but I’d rather that they concentrate on getting the core gameplay and other already-implemented gamemodes down packed and fun before adding in new stuff.

> While it would certainly be fun, I think 343i should focus on trying to innovate rather than imitate when it comes to the future of Halo games. Ever since Halo started taking ideas from other franchises, people have started to dislike the games and stop playing them.
>
> Like I said, it’s a fun idea, but I’d rather that they concentrate on getting the core gameplay and other already-implemented gamemodes down packed and fun before adding in new stuff.

Firefight VS was out before beast mode so it’s not imitating anything really so it should be focussed on. Little things left out of halo 4 made is less satisfying to play hence why the little fun things matter.

I’d like it, it won’t happen, but I’d like it

It’s a great idea man, I’d love to control the races Covi, but Halo is a FPS, and this would only be so cool in TPS (like Gears for example) where we could see them moving and attacking, and I do not think 343 will create new displays and HUDS and turns the game in TPS. First person will not be as cool, sorry bro.

> It’s a great idea man, I’d love to control the races Covi, but Halo is a FPS, and this would only be so cool in TPS (like Gears for example) where we could see them moving and attacking, and I do not think 343 will create new displays and HUDS and turns the game in TPS. First person will not be as cool, sorry bro.

The lesser things like marines grunts etc. will be bossed about by the player not played by them to prevent this.