Next Chapter in Halo Games.

I have been wondering since I found out that 343 is making or will be making a Halo game of what it will be about. I was thinking about what if the next one takes place on Onyx with Kelly, Fred etc. in the Shield World. What if MC lands on Onyx and joins his old team? Could happen. What do you think the new Halo Game will be about? Be as long and descriptive as you want or short and sweet as you want.

Well that’s a hard one. If 343 starts out with the Master Chief and Halo 4, then the game will be continued how it is. But if not most likely 343 will make a few Halo games that relate to the humans finding the Forerunners.

I wish they done something with Onyx.
So many loose ends there… and i would like to see Blue team back together again.

But i have to agree with ‘Air force hero’

I think onyx is perfect but If MC is in then 343 will have compete with bungies mc and critics. I think for their 1st halo game they should Use Onyx but with out MC. They should make it like the book. That way 343 can has no boundaries to what they want to do. Let’s face it they have some Really big Shoes to Fill. AS a huge halo fan i’d hate to see a halo game that doesn’t live up to expectations.

In going along with your idea 343 humans finding forerunners. What about another ODST Game Maybe or some thing similar?
that 343 can ease into this franchise

Its really hard to say, the war is ended so continuing the story with MC wont be as action packed unless a new enemy is brought in but that would destroy the game in my opinion. I think we will have more games based on the books, like Contact Harvest, Ghost of Onyx etc.

But I hope they continue to make halo games, books etc for a very long time I cant get enough of it.

343 Industries will be making a game which will involve the return of John-117.

343 better not -Yoink- up Halo. So far, I have been somewhat disappointed by the decisions they have made. Halo Legends was just a sad attempt to crack open the Japanese market. Halo Wars was good, but not great. For Halo, I expect great. The bar is set high, 343, you need to do well. You have a great cast of characters with BS Angel, Frankie, and other notable Halo guys in your company. These next halo games need to be amazing. Don’t -Yoink- this up.

I appreciate the vote of confidence you associate with my name. Those familiar with my previous ventures can attest to the passion I hold for anything and everything Halo, and the very same passion is present in all of our team members. We’re excited to be here, we care about this franchise, and we appreciate you coming along for the ride. :slight_smile:

i’m happy to hear that we can expect the turnaround to be less than 3 years between games (in case you didn’t hear: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1122586p1.html).

@novak: an onyx game would be INSANE! that’s by far my favorite novel/story in the halo universe. it might be difficult to explain how MC gets to onyx, but hey, it can be done.

i’m all for more non-MC games though. the halo universe is rich with great stories. how about we play as johnson and byrne on harvest? and you can’t forget all the great stories surrounding keyes. oh the possibilities!

Whichever way they take the next Halo game, they have a ton of different options to go with story-wise. I’m sure they’ll pick something great. The universe is so big and has so many interesting perspectives and moments…

I think what I’m trying to say is… I can’t wait. They have such options… Just thinking about it makes me anxious.

Angel I can’t think of any team better you guys at 343 to to shepard Halo as we we move into the future. Your passion for the franchise is unparalelled if the team there is half as good as you the halo community will be OK.

> Those familiar with my previous ventures can attest to the passion I hold for anything and everything Halo, and the very same passion is present in all of our team members. We’re excited to be here, we care about this franchise, and we appreciate you coming along for the ride. :slight_smile:

Things like think help me keep faith in Halo going into the hands of others. Bungie did a great job, and I have confidence that 343i can continue that trend!

Indeed we can attest. On another note, I’m sure 343 will do a great job, hopefully my blind faith doesn’t lead to a wasted 60 dollars.

Onyx
ODST 2
or possibly an Elite Campaign. It could work. It would be fun to play as the bad guys for once.

I would like to see a Halo version of Star Wars Battlefront!

A great source of oppurtunities would be the twenty years between first contact and the destruction of the Ark. There are hardly any media covering that period, so a potential game could be a squad shooter with Spartans. I’d love that, but I’m likely just dreaming.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

I’d love to see a game that picks up where Halo Wars left off with Jerome-092, Alice-130, Douglas-042, Professor Ellen Anders, and the majority of the crew of the UNSC Spirit of Fire in cryo-sleep aboard the lumbering ship as it travels through space at sub faster-than-light speed due to the sacrifice of the ship’s FTL Drive. The ship is simply careening through space and could end up anywhere, especially given that the ship’s AI, Serina, will certainly descend into rampancy through the course of the slow journey towards UNSC controlled space.

The game simply ended with these characters stranded in space - similar to the Master Chief in the aft half of the UNSC Forward Unto Dawn with Cortana seemingly slipping further into rampancy. An interesting potential is for these these two “groups” to intersect at some point. Although the galaxy is large and it’s more likely that these two groups are no where near each other; you can’t rule out the possibility that the “Spirit” might find itself close enough to the aft half of the “Dawn” to detect the distress beacon and adjust course. Certainly the Legendary cutscene from the end of Halo 3 showed the “Dawn” careening towards some unknown planet, but there’s also the possibility that the “Spirit” could be on course to intercept the beacon and arrive on this mysterious planet - possibly even at or around the same time.

If the idea that these two ships meet around the same time is simply too incredible, a more credible possibility is that the Spirit arrives on the planet years later to find the aft of the “Dawn” in orbit with the Master Chief still in cryo-sleep because Cortana had descended too far into rampancy to wake the Chief.

The advantage of these two stories intersecting would be the provision for a 4-player co-op campaign played from the perspectives of John-117, Jerome-092, Alice-130, and Douglas-042. The campaign could certainly feature this conglomerate group of Spartan’s arrival on an unknown Forerunner installation (probably a shield world - and possibly even Onxy, but that’s really stretching it…). The crew of the “Spirit” could start the campaign off by waking from cryo-sleep to investigate the distress signal coming from the aft of the “Dawn” - and then wake the Chief. During the long journey through space, any number of changes could have taken place onboard the Spirit besides Serina’s descent into rampancy. Captain Cutter would likely order skeleton crew shifts (crew take x-number-of-years shifts in and out of cryo-sleep so as to preserve the entire crew rather than allow a particular portion to age while the rest in cryo-sleep do not). I very likely see Captain Cutter foregoing cryo-sleep however. Awake crew could possibly engage in populating activities since the “Spirit” is a colony vessel…

The campaign might feature the discovery of even more Forerunner relics/technology/artifacts/ect by none other than Professor Anders (an intriguing character with a storied past but also full of dynamic potential). Enemies could very likely be ancient Forerunner guardians such as the sentinels (especially if these two stories were to intersect with a shield world such as Onyx), as well as the Flood… it’s a big, wide galaxy however, so hopefully game designers would develop a new threat to battle against, such as a potentially hostile alien race in Tier 5 or Tier 4 of Technological achievement. The campaign could further feature the revival of Cortana through allowing her to access a large Forerunner database - thus pushing her into the theoretical 4th stage of rampancy (Metastasis). The campaign could further feature the betrayal of the members of the Master Chief, Red Team, Anders, Cortana, and the other crew of the “Spirit” by Serina as she enters the 2nd stage of rampancy (Anger). And true to Halo fashion, the campaign could feature the escape of the survivors either aboard the UNSC Spirit of Fire (possibly with a borrowed FTL Drive from the aft of the “Dawn” - if the FTL drive happens to be mounted in the aft of the ship) or by some other means involving Forerunner technology.

Whaddaya think?

> SPOILER ALERT!!!
>
> I’d love to see a game that picks up where Halo Wars left off with Jerome-092, Alice-130, Douglas-042, Professor Ellen Anders, and the majority of the crew of the UNSC Spirit of Fire in cryo-sleep aboard the lumbering ship as it travels through space at sub faster-than-light speed due to the sacrifice of the ship’s FTL Drive. The ship is simply careening through space and could end up anywhere, especially given that the ship’s AI, Serina, will certainly descend into rampancy through the course of the slow journey towards UNSC controlled space.
>
> The game simply ended with these characters stranded in space - similar to the Master Chief in the aft half of the UNSC Forward Unto Dawn with Cortana seemingly slipping further into rampancy. An interesting potential is for these these two “groups” to intersect at some point. Although the galaxy is large and it’s more likely that these two groups are no where near each other; you can’t rule out the possibility that the “Spirit” might find itself close enough to the aft half of the “Dawn” to detect the distress beacon and adjust course. Certainly the Legendary cutscene from the end of Halo 3 showed the “Dawn” careening towards some unknown planet, but there’s also the possibility that the “Spirit” could be on course to intercept the beacon and arrive on this mysterious planet - possibly even at or around the same time.
>
> If the idea that these two ships meet around the same time is simply too incredible, a more credible possibility is that the Spirit arrives on the planet years later to find the aft of the “Dawn” in orbit with the Master Chief still in cryo-sleep because Cortana had descended too far into rampancy to wake the Chief.
>
> The advantage of these two stories intersecting would be the provision for a 4-player co-op campaign played from the perspectives of John-117, Jerome-092, Alice-130, and Douglas-042. The campaign could certainly feature this conglomerate group of Spartan’s arrival on an unknown Forerunner installation (probably a shield world - and possibly even Onxy, but that’s really stretching it…). The crew of the “Spirit” could start the campaign off by waking from cryo-sleep to investigate the distress signal coming from the aft of the “Dawn” - and then wake the Chief. During the long journey through space, any number of changes could have taken place onboard the Spirit besides Serina’s descent into rampancy. Captain Cutter would likely order skeleton crew shifts (crew take x-number-of-years shifts in and out of cryo-sleep so as to preserve the entire crew rather than allow a particular portion to age while the rest in cryo-sleep do not). I very likely see Captain Cutter foregoing cryo-sleep however. Awake crew could possibly engage in populating activities since the “Spirit” is a colony vessel…
>
> The campaign might feature the discovery of even more Forerunner relics/technology/artifacts/ect by none other than Professor Anders (an intriguing character with a storied past but also full of dynamic potential). Enemies could very likely be ancient Forerunner guardians such as the sentinels (especially if these two stories were to intersect with a shield world such as Onyx), as well as the Flood… it’s a big, wide galaxy however, so hopefully game designers would develop a new threat to battle against, such as a potentially hostile alien race in Tier 5 or Tier 4 of Technological achievement. The campaign could further feature the revival of Cortana through allowing her to access a large Forerunner database - thus pushing her into the theoretical 4th stage of rampancy (Metastasis). The campaign could further feature the betrayal of the members of the Master Chief, Red Team, Anders, Cortana, and the other crew of the “Spirit” by Serina as she enters the 2nd stage of rampancy (Anger). And true to Halo fashion, the campaign could feature the escape of the survivors either aboard the UNSC Spirit of Fire (possibly with a borrowed FTL Drive from the aft of the “Dawn” - if the FTL drive happens to be mounted in the aft of the ship) or by some other means involving Forerunner technology.
>
> Whaddaya think?

That is very good theory of what is yet to come. I’d really like to see the AIs in rampancy and experiencing the death of Cortana(*sniff). I can’t wait what is to be hold for us! I kind of want to see onyx’s shield world in a FPS if this is one. Maybe Halsey could some how repair Cortana and Serina. You never know.

I’d like to see a Halo Wars 2. At the very least I’d like a game that continues the story whatever the genre.

There are all kinds of games that could be cool though.

Maybe an ODST game where you fight against the insurection instead of the covenant,

Maybe a survival horror game where you play a marine, or civilian on earth when the flood lands in Halo 3.

I know that there is a series of books coming out that will explain things that happen after the War, but Id like to see Masterchief fight someone other than the covenant. Some sort of new as yet unknown threat.

A game about Grey Team, or Black Team, or the Arbiter would be cool too imo.