New Waypoint website not working at home

Hey there,

Since the update of the website, Halo Waypoint is not working on any device on my home internet. It is the only website that I have have discovered that is having any issues. I am not sure what to do. I have tried re-setting the modem multiple times without success. The same devices that do not work at home (computer and iPod touch) both work on my University’s internet. Is this just a bug on your end that will be ironed out over time? I do not want to be unable to access Waypoint from home as that would be an inconvenience, especially once The Master Chief Collection launches.

Thank You for any support you may have. Other than this issue I like the new website and look forward to what comes next!

There’s a ton of issues going on right now. Just going to have to wait it out.

By not working, do you mean that you can’t access the site or forums at all, or is there any sort if error message you are getting?

What browser are you currently using and have you tried using an alternate one?

First of all, you’ve tried multiple browsers on each device, correct?

Has anyone ever made any configuration changes to the router, like port forwarding or disabling UPnP (for example, to fix closed NAT issues for Xbox Live)? You can try doing a factory reset on your router and/or modem, but be aware that this will reset all passwords and any custom configurations will be reset to default.

Can you give us more information on what your network looks like (specifically, how many routers and modems you have and what brands they are)? You could try replacing your equipment to see if that resolves the issue.

Even if it does, the problem probably lies with the website and not you. If there is something funky going on with your network, the website should not simply not work in that condition.

I wonder if the issue that this person is experiencing is the same issue:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/8f4648981f554a9d86527a5754966e89/topics/where-is-the-webmaster-email/ced2e23a-beda-4cf1-8b81-db3a4b63d127/posts

> 2533274805712917;4:
> I wonder if the issue that this person is experiencing is the same issue:
> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/8f4648981f554a9d86527a5754966e89/topics/where-is-the-webmaster-email/ced2e23a-beda-4cf1-8b81-db3a4b63d127/posts

It does appear that we are having the same issue as I also get the “connection has timed out” message. If my router/modem is blocking the site now for some reason is their any way for me to fix it, or should i just wait it out until it gets fixed on Waypoint’s end? I am not tech savvy so I do not know all the details of how routers and modems work. Also I have tried other browsers as well with no success.

Hi Xeno Phi XIII,

Can you please attempt the following steps to see if these resolves the issue?

• Open the Run window (Windows Key + R)- Type, “cmd” and hit enter- Type, “ipconfig /flushdns” and hit enter- Close all browsers down- Reopen a browser and go to www.halowaypoint.com

> Hi Xeno Phi XIII,
>
> Can you please attempt the following steps to see if these resolves the issue?
>
> - Open the Run window (Windows Key + R)- Type, “cmd” and hit enter- Type, “ipconfig /flushdns” and hit enter- Close all browsers down- Reopen a browser and go to www.halowaypoint.com

Unfortunately this did not fix my problem. I appreciate the help. Anything else that I can try?

I have the same issue. Waypoint will not load on my laptop (Chrome nor IE) nor on my Surface tablet (IE only). I had to use my phone to post this. And no, the suggested fix did not work.

I don’t know if this is the right forum but every time I try to access my waypoint on my console it says I need to download an update when, I don’t, I’ve deleted it, then redownloaded it, and it still says I need an update, when it works on my friends console fine, but he does have the original console and I have second from latest, I just have no idea what to do because I can’t access reach waypoint from a browser anymore

> 2533274879473816;7:
> > Hi Xeno Phi XIII,
> >
> > Can you please attempt the following steps to see if these resolves the issue?
> >
> > - Open the Run window (Windows Key + R)
> > - Type, “cmd” and hit enter
> > - Type, “ipconfig /flushdns” and hit enter
> > - Close all browsers down
> > - Reopen a browser and go to www.halowaypoint.com
>
>
> Unfortunately this did not fix my problem. I appreciate the help. Anything else that I can try?

I am the person RPK 11 was referring to in the other thread and I am at a friend’s house typing this. You are having all the same problems I am. Someone in that thread said our router or modem might be blocking the website’s connection. I’m not sure how to unblock it though.

> 2533274795900255;10:
> > 2533274879473816;7:
> > > Hi Xeno Phi XIII,
> > >
> > > Can you please attempt the following steps to see if these resolves the issue?
> > >
> > > - Open the Run window (Windows Key + R)
> > > - Type, “cmd” and hit enter
> > > - Type, “ipconfig /flushdns” and hit enter
> > > - Close all browsers down
> > > - Reopen a browser and go to www.halowaypoint.com
> >
> >
> >
> > Unfortunately this did not fix my problem. I appreciate the help. Anything else that I can try?
>
>
> I am the person RPK 11 was referring to in the other thread and I am at a friend’s house typing this. You are having all the same problems I am. Someone in that thread said our router or modem might be blocking the website’s connection. I’m not sure how to unblock it though.

I wish I could help you. I do not know how to unblock a website for a router or modem either. Hopefully something will get fixed on their end and we will not have to worry about it. I have never had this issue before with any website. Maybe someone will come along and have another solution for us that will work.

> 2533274879473816;7:
> > Hi Xeno Phi XIII,
> >
> > Can you please attempt the following steps to see if these resolves the issue?
> >
> > - Open the Run window (Windows Key + R)
> > - Type, “cmd” and hit enter
> > - Type, “ipconfig /flushdns” and hit enter
> > - Close all browsers down
> > - Reopen a browser and go to www.halowaypoint.com
>
>
> Unfortunately this did not fix my problem. I appreciate the help. Anything else that I can try?

I was able to solve my issue. I turned out Waypoint was being blocked by my router. From the sounds of things, this is likely your problem as well. Your solution will depend entirely on what type of router you have and your network setup. You’ll have to Google your own solution. If you have no other option, you can disable your router’s firewall, which will let the page load, but obviously this is a less-than-ideal solution, as you’ll need to disable and re-enable the firewall every time you want to visit Waypoint.

I too have this issue where I am unable to access the site form home (currently at a motel). the post above mine did not resolve the issue sadly.

Additionally, will this mean I will be unable to access halo cannel and also be unable to watch Halo:Nightfall?

Has anyone found a solution to this? It sounds like it might be a caching issue with my area ISP because someone else in my neighborhood is having the same problem. I’ve tried multiple devices & browsers & nothing works (posting from my phone).

Haven’t seen anyone ask this yet, but have any of you having trouble tried switching your DNS? If it is an ISP/router issue, maybe using a different route may solve the issue.
Here are instructions from Google on how to change your DNS settings to their public DNS service:
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

I’ve tried Flushing the cache & adjusting the DNS settings (although I tried Open DNS, I will try Google DNS when I get home).

At home I’ve tried the following devices/browsers:

• 2 different desktops (OSX 10.10, Safari, Chrome, & Firefox on both)
  • iPhone 5s (Safari)
  • iPad 2 (Safari, Chrome) & iPad Mini (Safari)
  • Xbox One (IE)

I’ve tried the web address & IP address. When I try to ping Waypoint through Terminal, I get “Request timeout for icmp_seq” continuously.

I’ve also tried connecting at two different family members houses that live in the same area and it won’t load at their house either (on devices other than my own).

I contacted my ISP (Brighthouse) last night, they said nothing is blocking it at the modem level (they messed with a bunch of settings on their end). They said I might need to contact one of their senior techs to open up an investigation.

Surely I can’t be the only one having the problem. This is frustrating :-/

Just an updated - last night I was able to get the Halo 4 Stats Page (bookmarked) to load but the main page will not load. This is super weird & I’d love to find a solution.

I have this EXACT same issue… I get the error 500 time out message on wifi on every device. However I can use my mobile data and on my phone it loads.

I feel my ip is blocked but why? Funny thing is if I go to pc and use a free Web proxy I can get in fine cept I can’t log in…

I dunno what’s going on.

no problems