New Wasps OP?

Fans of Gamecheat13 and people keeping up to date with news in the community will know that two new Wasp variants have been discovered/leaked. The Hannibal Wasp and the ONI Wasp. Looking at the ONI Wasp… It might be a big bit OP. It can take 20ish of the normal Wasp’s missiles before exploding. This is ridiculously powerful. A player using a normal wasp effectively can rack up insane numbers of kills. Imagine them using the beast… This could either be totally broken (Req level 5) or Unattainable (Req level 8). This might need a nerf… And it hasn’t even been launched yet…

I feel like it would take a couple of rockets to take it down … the regular wasp isn’t great against vehicles in general imo

> 2533274932512744;2:
> I feel like it would take a couple of rockets to take it down … the regular wasp isn’t great against vehicles in general imo

But the wasp is also really fast and it has a shield. this means that it can make a run, taking minimal fire, and then fly away before circling back to let its shield recharge. They are already challenging enough to take out with standard loadout weapons. Now imagine one of these with on ONI Chaingun sticking out the front. Or that laser thingy on the Hannibal Wasp. I feel like we will be seeing a lot of these in future warzone games… When they come out…

Better Armor is really needed for the Wasp. The normal one is like a Paper Plane.

ive unlocked everything in the game and i havent received those i think.

> 2535434424611465;5:
> ive unlocked everything in the game and i havent received those i think.

They are not technically in the game, but they sorta are. Currently, they are unreleased content. They will potentially be appearing in the next update alongside the AA Wraith and the Reach Grenade Launchers.

However, they have been discovered by modders (namely Gamecheat13) by digging around in the files on Halo 5: Forge for PC. They have been spawned into the game, and some YouTubers have already started reviewing them…

I don’t think we can make a judgement on them until they are actually in the game. stuff some people have been able to unlock via data mining isn’t necessarily finished product that is going to be released.

Maybe… but they are pretty bad -Yoink-. Tried them out myself in PC Forge (and I think I nearly killed my laptop in the process).

I saw a wasp earlier in Warzone Firefight. At first glance I just thought it was a Phaeton, but sure enough, it wasn’t, and now I’m stumbling upon this thread.

Has anyone else experienced this recently? It would have to have been a modder (or very potentially a developer), but it certainly piqued my interest regardless.

I don’t think they will be that op. Railguns, rockets, lasers and plasma pistols will be able to easily deal with them

> 2533274826506052;9:
> I saw a wasp earlier in Warzone Firefight. At first glance I just thought it was a Phaeton, but sure enough, it wasn’t, and now I’m stumbling upon this thread.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this recently? It would have to have been a modder (or very potentially a developer), but it certainly piqued my interest regardless.

What do you mean

> 2533274826506052;9:
> I saw a wasp earlier in Warzone Firefight. At first glance I just thought it was a Phaeton, but sure enough, it wasn’t, and now I’m stumbling upon this thread.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this recently? It would have to have been a modder (or very potentially a developer), but it certainly piqued my interest regardless.

I doubt a developer would be playing in online matchmaking with yet-to-be-released content, and I don’t think using online mods works on the Xbox One.

Over powered? I think not, unless all the enemy team were level 1’s with no reqs at all. A guided rocket launcher from far should take the hannibal or oni wasp variants down. I don’t know if i’ll get to try these out, i’m sick of warzone. I hope they work well with kracken assault.

> 2535405449919732;3:
> > 2533274932512744;2:
> > I feel like it would take a couple of rockets to take it down … the regular wasp isn’t great against vehicles in general imo
>
> But the wasp is also really fast and it has a shield. this means that it can make a run, taking minimal fire, and then fly away before circling back to let its shield recharge. They are already challenging enough to take out with standard loadout weapons. Now imagine one of these with on ONI Chaingun sticking out the front. Or that laser thingy on the Hannibal Wasp. I feel like we will be seeing a lot of these in future warzone games… When they come out…

Wasps are only a challenge because they’re level 3, and you can get them out before the enemy can pull any decent reqs; once they get their own in the air, or pull railguns, you’re toast. These new ones would have to be level 5 up, by which time you’re going to be facing people with arclights, rockets, lasers, and banshees/tanks/phaetons. They’ll need a good pilot to hold their own in that field…

> 2533274826506052;9:
>

That was definitely a normal Wasp. The new ones cannot be used on the console and I don’t think the devs would test them on public servers. Wasps can easily be mistaen for Phaetons and long range.

I mean, the Wasp is kind of fast, but it can be mowed down by a couple of people who bother to try to shoot it. It’s pretty much a piece of cardboard with a paper energy shield around it. When you say (it takes 20 of the Wasps missiles to kill a variant) that’s because the base wasp has some of the crappiest missiles in the game. The Wasp variants are WELCOME in my eyes since the base wasp is pretty meh.\

The ONI Wasp actually looks like it makes the Wasp useful (though so far the missiles are still crap) and the Hannibal Wasp will be an excellent support bomber with a long range burst for those who can aim.

> 2535416922794324;4:
> Better Armor is really needed for the Wasp. The normal one is like a Paper Plane.

you sir are rigth about that, i only use them WZFF, other wise anyone can take me down with a spartan laser, or even a AAP.

> 2535416922794324;4:
> Better Armor is really needed for the Wasp. The normal one is like a Paper Plane.

The normal one needs a nerf, if anything. Or better yet, some re-balancing changes in general (More health, but costs more reqs, for example)

It’s basically a gun goose with no real “cons” as of now.

> 2533274972430429;13:
> Over powered? I think not, unless all the enemy team were level 1’s with no reqs at all. A guided rocket launcher from far should take the hannibal or oni wasp variants down. I don’t know if i’ll get to try these out, i’m sick of warzone. I hope they work well with kracken assault.

WZFF is usually a better place to test out your reqs. With WZA you can easily get jacked, sniped, lasered, etc before you even have a chance to try it out.

> 2535405449919732;1:
> Fans of Gamecheat13 and people keeping up to date with news in the community will know that two new Wasp variants have been discovered/leaked. The Hannibal Wasp and the ONI Wasp. Looking at the ONI Wasp… It might be a big bit OP. It can take 20ish of the normal Wasp’s missiles before exploding. This is ridiculously powerful. A player using a normal wasp effectively can rack up insane numbers of kills. Imagine them using the beast… This could either be totally broken (Req level 5) or Unattainable (Req level 8). This might need a nerf… And it hasn’t even been launched yet…

I’m feeling like its going to be 7 REQS.

<mark>Reminder - please do no discuss or share links to leaked / modded / hacked content, whether it’s on Xbox or PC</mark>